Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:06 pm
Not entirely sure why a cat has gills. I assume it's supposed to be whiskers? There are several varieties of whiskers available, I think, that might look nicer.

The gloves look out of place, colour-wise and in general, considering the rest of the outfit.

If you are determined to use the summoning tome, maybe there is a different pose that would work better with your dress-and-parasol look? Otherwise, I would suggest getting rid of either the dragon or the parasol. One would be fine, but the two have nothing to do with each other (except for colour) and just crowd your actual avatar.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm
YunieCookie

Since you didn't actually get a review...

I really like this. Something about the way the hair and the skirt (long..loincloth...thing?) both have that curvy, blowing-in-the-wind effect...it's really nice. They aren't quite the same shade, but it doesn't matter; it doesn't take away from the apparent character.

You would never guess that you had that many items on. They all look like they could be poses from the same EI. x3

Well done.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm
Scary! I like that almost all the white elements have the same shadowing. Altogether, I think the elements here go together fantastically (which is typical of your taste.) smile

Edit: I think the sharp teeth make it for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

I really like this.
It's simple, but still visually interesting.
All the items work really well together.
I wouldn't add or remove anything.
:3

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm
I feel so out of the loop, I don't recognize any of the items you're wearing. xD They look good together, though! The goldy colour kind of cuts off at the thigh, but there's really not much, if anything, you can do about that. Gold-coloured bottom items are few and far between, and most of the nicer ones are in premium items.

I mean, I like the Sienna stockings or the Librarian shoe clips with this, but they're both prohibitively expensive for such a small detail.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Good job. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:38 pm
Yellow isn't really my color, but you've managed to put it together very well. I can't think of a way to improve it.  

Lobo-chan

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 pm
well the color of your shirt is a bit off, but you really have the griffon rider down, so other then maybe a darker colored shirt your set  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am
I like the coat. Since it's mostly just black, it's nice to have different details and texture to add interest.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

I really like this. You always make really visually interesting and complex avatars.
All the shades of white/silver work really well together, and with all the colours being so close, there are a lot of little hidden details to find.
The only thing that sticks out that could possibly be changed the little ... loincloth, I guess?
It's a slightly different shade, just beige-y enough to stand out once you fine it.
I don't know what you'd replace it with, though.

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 pm
The face is lost with the skin, which maybe the look you want, but it also misses a chance to make us deal with the clashing white eyes.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm
I like it Sav, looking very classy and gentlemanly. Though I do picture this avi in some like.. spy movie, going into a monologue of how he plans to take over the world and can't be stopped.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm
I like it a lot, you have defiantly got a good theme going, the bat seems a little out of place but other then that, very nice.  

PendragonX9

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 pm
I think that perhaps a different pair of pants would do wonders. The goth pants are kind of bunched at the ankle, and they don't seem to really fit with the rest of the outfit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm
Perhaps using too much of a single colour. There is no clear point of focus, everything blends together in a sea of white.  

Undakai
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:44 pm
-dies-  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers