Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili, Bryn, Mam, Da, Dris, Puck, Wen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Summer break, baby!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't wait to see the kids!

It was home from school day! Nani was absolutely stoked to see the kids again. It had been a whirlwind few months, from adopting Bryn, then Rey, then having the..... less pleasant events of April unfold. Thankfully, Nani could say she had the best wife in the world by her side to help her through it all. The night before, with the help of Bryn, they made their newly bi-annual signs to welcome the kids home. It was exciting having two to collect this year! And Rey deserved a good family, so it was pretty cool they could be that family for her.

Once everyone was dressed, Nani apparated the trio to the platform. "C'mon, we've gotta beat the Abrams' there. Your brother always gets so smirky when he's early to places." Nani glanced over at Laili, dramatically rolling her eyes. Of course, they didn't have to get far before spotting Wen atop Dris' shoulders. Stupid tall people. She clucked her tongue, slowing in her previous quick pace. "There they are, dad!" Wen cheered as Dris lifted him up, then set him on his feet so he could hang with his new cousin.

"Long trip, or do you just like being almost-late to things?" Dris jested over, earning an overdramatized punch to the arm. "It's our first time to the platform with an under-11 kid, thanks." Nani replied, ruffling Bryn's hair as she spoke. "We've just been chilling with your parents for ten minutes. Which you'd know, if you were on time~" Dang tall people! "Oh, now. I have to be here early, anyway, and I appreciated the extra company. It's good to see you girls, and you too, Bryn, dear." Nora gently fixed up the boy's hair, which had been mussed by his mam. Silly kids.

Nani - #61B329
Nora - #8DB600
Aeron - #CC1100
Wen - #FFA812
Dris - deepskyblue
Lewis - #E31230
Meallan - #FFA824
Yukina101

Graydon Ironshield

Wʜᴇɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
Iғ ᴛᴇʀʀᴏʀ ғᴀʟʟs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs
Rᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs I sᴀɪᴅ "Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ"
Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟ
Iғ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ... Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:12 pm
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

It was the smell of smoke which awakened Rey, that and Rosie’s cries and her frantically licking her face. The little First Years’ eyes snapped open as she was greeted by a scene straight of Dante’s ‘Inferno’. A jet of flame surged into the dormitory, setting bedding and draperies alight with a touch, while smoke filled the room seeking to steal every bit of life-giving air. Wrapping herself in a blanket, Rey scooped up her Half-Kneazle companion, and her stuffed cat, as she shouted for the other girls to wake up…but none of them moved.

She rushed over to one of her roommates, and tried to rouse her, as flames surged over the bed turning it into a pyre and flammable bedding was instantly brought to the point of conflagration. Rosie screamed in Rey’s ear, telling her it was time to go. Rey fled from the room, staggered out into the hall, and half slumped against the wall opposite. Crouching low enough so she could get some bit of breathable air, the little red-haired Hufflepuff hurried from the dorms towards the roomier Common Room.

Rey shouted for people to get out, but her small voice barely carried above the conflagration, and she choked a gasp of horror, as the figure of a thankfully unidentifiable older student wrapped in fire lurched past her, and then collapsed at her feet. “Mea! Mea!” she screamed in desperation as she reached the boys’ dorm to start searching for her adoptive brother, knowing she needed to save him. As the little First Year rushed into the dorms, there was a loud roar like that of a dragon, as a wall of angry flames sought her out…

Rey awoke with a start, and she choked back the scream that was rising in her throat, as she didn’t want to bother anybody sharing the compartment or unduly alarm anybody in the adjoining companionway. It was the same dream she’d had the last night in the castle, the dream which caused her to slip out of the dorm, and curl up in her favourite hiding place in the Common Room, where she wouldn’t be in the way of the older students. This time, she her cheek was pressed against the cool glass of the train window, cool moist air was swirling about her, and the world around her rendered in cool blues and grays, not angry flames.

It’s okay, Rosie, it was just a bad dream, that’s all. Just another bad dream,” she said in a soft voice, as much to reassure herself as it was to do the same for her feline friend. Rey was wrapped in a blanket, her stuffed cat clutched to her small chest, as she curled in a ball on the bench seat. Rosie meowed in response, and leaned up to give Rey a worried lick on her cheek. Looking outside, she saw the scenery changed, the train was stopped and they were in the station now.

It took her a moment to get to her feet, gather the bag she’d brought with stuff to read, and a stash of snacks from one last raid of the kitchens, and she reluctantly put Rosie in her shoulder bag carrier, while the cat cried all the while. Rey certainly looked a sight, wrapped in a train blanket, wearing a shapeless dark blue sweatshirt and faded jeans and sneakers, while her curly red hair was a riotous mess, with a school bag over one shoulder, her precious cat carrier over the other, and the stuffed cat toy she’d had since she was little clutched to her chest like a priceless talisman. She was grateful none of it smelled of the nightmare-fueled inferno she’d just been released from.

Rey made her way to one of the exits, not having seen any familiar faces. She was hoping to catch sight of Finn, or Ella and Linsey, but it was a large train, and everyone was trying to get off and join up with their families. Family. Right, she needed to find Mea and Lewis and Rosa and…. Looking outside, she spotted newly familiar faces, but she was focused on two in particular, as she was still trying to attach names to faces. Emerging from the carriage, she called out, “Nanna, Mum!”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:22 pm
We're young and in love
And we're running like the wind, we got it all
We're never alone
If we got each other, we can save the world
Explosions in the sky, I see colors fly
It's like the Fourth of July in your eyes

User Image
User Image

»Owl Tʀᴀɪɴᴇʀ »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴ »Hᴀᴘᴘɪʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili spent the morning prepping Bryn for the flurry of people and activity that was about to happen. The poor boy could barely get through a family dinner without eventually hiding out so it was definitely going to be an upward battle. Thankfully, their newest little boy had taken a shine to Wen and would generally stick to his cousin whenever possible. "Ok, we have our bags, our posters, our bunny, anything else?" she tallied looking over at Bryn who stared back with a slight frown. When he shook her head she figured anything else they left was ultimately unimportant and since they wanted to make it on time, she let it go.

She and Bryn were apparated by Nani to the platform and began walking to their appointed spots for the kids. Laili snickered at her wife's consternation towards her brother and his family and it turned into full blown giggles by the time she spotted Wen. She began handing out appropriate signs as the Nani and Dris bickered sharing grins and eye rolls with Puck while Bryn frowned slightly at seeing his friend so our of reach. His pout widened as one of his mother's ruffled his hair which of course made his other mother slightly upset that she didn't have a camera to capture it.

"Thanks, I think Dris is just cranky because he hasn't had a snack in a little over fifteen minutes." Laili snarked causing Puck to let out a loud "HA" in response. To save face, she gently pat her husband's cheek cooing that she knew it'd been way longer than fifteen minutes. Bryn, who was slightly mollified that his hair had been fixed, reached into one of his many pockets to produce a stashed snack pack of gummies and offer them to the friendly giant known as his new uncle. He definitely understood being "hangry" as his mothers put it. Laili, noticing this, immediately grabbed Nani's arms to violently shake the other woman while hissing in whispers not to overreact at the cute sight (totally completely missing her own reaction).

The little boy was thankfully saved by the train's whistle and slow appearance to the station. Beginning to wave her sign that read, "Rey of Sunshine, Welcome Home!" she waved as Rey called over towards them while also keeping an eye out for the others. A loud aggrieved "MUM NO" was then head above the din as well as Puck's usual cackle as she waved her own sign that read, "Roses for Rosie, First Year Complete!"

Old enough, old enough, old enough to know that
We are young in love, young in love, young and in love
You and me, we can see, time will stand still
If we stay young in love, young in love, young and in love
Yeah, we are young and in love

Cinnabun Gryffie

Graydon Ironshield

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili, Bryn, Mam, Da, Dris, Puck, Wen, Lewis, Mea, and Rey
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Summer break, baby!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Everyone's here!

Nani laughed aloud when Laili teased Dris for his snacking habits. He seemed to always be nibbling on something... which was passed on to Lewis and probably the other two as well. Nani was shaken, looking over at Bryn offering a snack up to Dris. The tallest of the group lifted Wen up and down to the ground, then crouched down to be close(r) to Bryn's height. "Hey friend, thanks for the offer, but I want you to keep those for you, okay? Wanna know a secret?" Dris whispered, then glanced around conspiratorially, before pulling out a pouch of fruit gummies out as well. He playfully "clinked" their pouches together, wrinkling his nose as he sent over a grin.

Wen, now being on the ground, hurried to join the huddle as well, plopping an arm around his new cousin's shoulders. "We should... should all have a sneaky snack before the boring old kids get here... a-and also without our moms seeing, 'cause they'll say 'no snacks 'fore dinner!' and it's waaaaay 'fore dinner." He giggled excitedly, getting handed another pouch of fruit snacks from his dad's pocket. The tall man opened the pouches for everyone, pretending to help hide their secret away from the various moms who could all pretty easily see what the boys were up to.

Nani sent over a grin toward Laili and Puck, then laughed when they noticed the kids headed their way. Lewis was holding hands with both Rosa and Rey, with Mea on Rey's other side. Nani was quite happy to see the group and hurried to pull Mea and Rey into hugs. "Maaaaaaam! You're giving me too many smooches!" Mea laughed while getting bunches of smooches indeed. He gave her a hug, with his other hand reaching over to Mum for a hug from her as well. It was definitely nice to be home.

"Rosa, do you not remember them doing this every year when it was just me? Because I seem to recall you laughing at me..... every year." Lewis teased, poking at his sister. He had to tease while he still could! He glanced at the little huddle, then over to his mom before giving her a hug. "What's up with the huddle? ... oh heck, it's sneaky snacks. 'Scuse me." He laughed as he also scrunched down. He'd gotten the letters from his aunts about his new cousin's food insecurities, so he figured he could share some of his snack stash with the younger boy. Noting that the group had fruit snacks, he pulled out an applesauce pouch from his backpack. "Sneaky snacks are the best snacks."

Mea was the only boy not worried about the snack huddle, still holding hands with Rey. With single-hand sign, he figured he needed to notify the moms about what had happened that morning. "Mum, Mam. Last night, Rey had a scary nightmare about fire and us being Hufflepuffs were underground. But turns out there was an actual fire in the Gryffindor rooms! So now we're holding hands because Rey needs extra support today." He nodded, hoping his explanation helped his moms figure out what to do.

Nani stepped over, pulling Rey into a hug. "Hey sister. I get it. If you have scary dreams, just know we're here for you. We even got your bedroom set up. You're in the room with two big windows. I also want you to know we're here for anything you need, okay? So don't be afraid to ask anyone in the family. You're gonna be so loved by so many people." She gave the redhead another squeeze before letting go long enough for Mam Nora to also give her a hug. It was so nice to have the whole family back home again.

Nani - #61B329
Nora - #8DB600
Aeron - #CC1100
Wen - #FFA812
Dris - deepskyblue
Lewis - #E31230
Meallan - #FFA824
Yukina101

Graydon Ironshield

Wʜᴇɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
Iғ ᴛᴇʀʀᴏʀ ғᴀʟʟs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs
Rᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs I sᴀɪᴅ "Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ"
Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟ
Iғ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ... Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:12 pm
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

The train station was a riot of activity, and Rey was immediately overwhelmed by what was going on. There was too much noise and too many people for the little redhead’s sense of wellbeing to deal with. ‘Maybe I can get a pair of those headphones, like the ones Ella has. Linsey had a spare pair that let me try them on before, and they would really help in the Great Hall. It’s probably why they do meals in the Student Kitchens; not so many people, and not so much noise. But, now….Linsey’s graduated, so what’s going to happen next year? Can Finn even cook, or am I going to have to step up?’

As her mind was a whirl of thoughts about what was to come, she spotted the sign Lalli was waving. ‘Rey of Sunshine, Welcome Home’ it read, and her heart leaped with a measure of hope. ‘Rosie and I have some place to go. We have a home; please, God, don’t drive us from here as well. I-I…’ Before her thoughts could venture into places she didn’t want them to be, Lewis and Mea were with her, holding her hands. She gave her adoptive mom a brave smile as she and Mea were hugged, and chuckled when her new brother protested about getting too many smooches.

She also chuckled as Lewis referenced ‘sneaky snacks’, as she loaded up on treats from the school kitchens, so maybe this was a familial trait. “I’ve got some cookies and brownies from the kitchen at school,” she offered helpfully. She wasn’t sure how sneaky it was, since the House Elves loaded a pretty large bag up with stuff for her to take along, and they thoughtfully put a sealed container filled with the hot cocoa she liked in with all the goodies. It was her intent to share her bounty, however, she lost track of the others who were with her, and as much as she tried to stay focused and read a book, the rhythm of the steel rails caused her to pass in and out on the trip south to London. She didn’t realize just how tired she was, and always seemed to be. Rey also had the tins of cookies and homemade fudge and other candies Linsey made as parting gifts for her Culinary Club members.

Rey caught sight of Mea signing, and she tried to focus on what he was saying, but she was still learning the language, though she was getting better at it. Apparently, the fire in her dreams was mirrored in reality, though it wasn’t as horrific nor did it seem that anyone was injured as a result. Still, the idea of escaping the tower, using her broomstick to hopefully avoid a potentially fatal encounter with the ground was a prospect she didn’t wish to dwell upon. “I had the same dream on the train,” she said tiredly, as Nora hugged her. Knowing now that the future was not as fearsome as she expected, and she’d have a room with two large windows. Perhaps tonight, the dreams would be kept at bay. Looking about, she saw Laili, and she smiled, and said to her, “Thank you, for the sign.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:22 pm
We're young and in love
And we're running like the wind, we got it all
We're never alone
If we got each other, we can save the world
Explosions in the sky, I see colors fly
It's like the Fourth of July in your eyes

User Image
User Image

»Owl Tʀᴀɪɴᴇʀ »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴ »Hᴀᴘᴘɪʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili waiting impatiently for the group of kids to make it over to them trading Mea and Rey between her wife and herself for hugs and kisses. At hearing that she had a nightmare about a fire (and then an actual fire what the heck?!), she cooed as Mea asked for extra support of their newest member. Nani, never one to not comfort, immediately folded the redhead into another hug letting her know she could always come to them if she were ever upset. The blonde agreed with an enthusiastic nod and squeeze of her own. When she was thanked for the sign, she just beamed and made sure to show it off in its full display with the multicolored sun rays "I knew we had to welcome you in style with the others! Plus, I heard from Mea that you joined art club, so I thought you'd like the attention to details." Laili explained a bit breathlessly not wanting to be too much too soon for the young girl.

Bryn, only a little bit startled by Dris' sudden height drop, watched with widened eyes as the man also brought out a stash of snacks saying to keep his own. Wen then mentioned having sneaky snacks (which, wasn't that just all snacks?) creating a huddle and getting a snack bag from his dad who graciously offered to open his as well. Nodding in agreement, the little boy just lifted his bunny in front of his face and quietly said, "Thank you," in the soft growly tone of his Chabbit. He was startled again by the appearance of another person, this one he didn't recognize but who also had a snack to eat with the rest of them. Still, Bryn leaned closer to Wen not fully comfortable as he began eating his gummies hidden behind his stuffed toy.

On the other side of that, Rosa was whining to her mother, brother, really anyone who'd listen about the embarrassment that was the signs. "That was DIFFERENT. They didn't use some annoying version or rhyme of your name!" the preteen groaned in true preteen fashion. She was going to say more but her beanstalk of a big brother suddenly mumbled something about snacks and skulked off to her dad and youngest brother. That's when she took note of the other little boy now standing with her family to which she suddenly remembered her newest cousin and after getting a better look at him, squealed. He was adorable!

Puck, with her second sense going off, grabs the back of her daughter's hoodie shaking her head. "He's already freaked out from platform, maybe give him some time before Hurricane Rosa touches down." she suggested with a pointed look smirking slightly at her daughter's pouty face. She then did a quick head count to ensure every one of theirs got off the train safely then frowned when she realized they were short one. "Where's Su? Did you accidentally leave them behind?" Rosa shook her head, "Sierra says that they're going to have no chromosome Y sleepover for the next few weeks but she said they'd be back by the end of the month." Puck snorted at the explanation but was happy the unofficial Abrams was ok at least.

Old enough, old enough, old enough to know that
We are young in love, young in love, young and in love
You and me, we can see, time will stand still
If we stay young in love, young in love, young and in love
Yeah, we are young and in love

Cinnabun Gryffie

Graydon Ironshield

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Abramses and the Heulwenses
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Welcoming the kids home
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I missed them all

Dris was happy with the younger boys, but he'd heard his daughter's clear upset. She was more huffy about the sign her aunties had made, but also for the casual nonchalance her older brother displayed. It didn't help that Puck was holding Rosa back from Bryn, which also prevented the girl from her younger brother.... all causing a mess. Dris looked over at Bryn when he used his bunny to speak, something Laili had informed him might happen. Dris reached out, calmly shaking the bunny's hand. "Why you're very welcome. How about you sit with Wen and Lewis here. I'll be right back." Dris stood up, frowning at his knees.

He made sure his sister had sights on the younger boys before the tallest of the family stepped over and lifted his daughter into a big spinny hug. "Oh my Rosie-Posie-Tippy-Toesies! How we missed you!" Dris said, thankfully just loud enough for Rosa and probably Puck to hear. He gently kissed his daughter's head, giving her a smile. He set her back down as his wife asked about Su, who had been staying with the Abrams lately. "Well, we'll make sure we've got a date. I think Dad's already got their ticket to vacation. Thankfully the trip's next month." He glanced down at Lewis who was quietly introducing himself to Bryn. At least Dris couldn't say they didn't have some great kids.

Lewis pulled his brother into a half hug, then waved over at Bryn. "Hi there, Bryn. My name's Lewis. I'm Wen and Rosa's big brother. Your mums... and Wen, told me how happy they were to have you join the family. And... secretly, if you ever want snacks, I've got you." He sent over a grin and a wink, hoping to help alleviate some of the boy's fears. Over with the mums, Mea kept hold of Rey's hand, listening as Mum said she wanted to welcome Rey in style. "Also they just really like making signs! There is gonna be glitter everywhere when we go home!" Mea said, voice a little louder than needed. Nani gently signed the "shhh" motion, causing the younger brunette to nod. "Oh! And also we can practice our signing! That way we can be practiced up for our big summer family thing. OH MAM! What is our big summer thing this year? Last year was a gigantic barbecue at Granddad and Papa's house. With like... everyone!" Mea was half shouting, half explaining to his new sister, eyes sparkling with excitement. Nani sent a playful grin over toward her wife before answering in sign. "Don't tell the littlest ones yet, but we're all going on a big vacation this summer."

Graydon Ironshield

Yukina101

Dʀᴇssᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ Fʀɪᴅᴀʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ᴡʜᴏᴀ-ᴏʜ, I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ
Aɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴ I sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ɢɪʀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴏʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, sᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ!
Gᴏᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏʀᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ
Aɴ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡɪʟᴅ, ʙᴀʙʏ ᴄᴀɴ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ sᴍɪʟᴇ, sᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴅᴀᴍɴ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ sᴏ
Nᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴜꜰꜰʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ "I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪs sᴏɴɢ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ sᴛᴏʟᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴏʀᴅ"
Sʜᴇ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛɪʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs! Sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ sᴏɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ʙᴇsᴛ sᴏɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:18 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleSlytherin PrefectDueling Club CaptainQuidditch Captain

It was almost a shock when the train pulled into the station, the time between leaving Hogsmeade and arriving at the great rail terminus in London seemed to fly by for Brianna. She spent her last bit of time as a student and a prefect hanging out with friends, laughing about all the fun they had over the years, and their dreams for the future, when she wasn’t doing patrols on the train one last time. ‘It’s almost over,’ thought the outgoing Seventh Year, as she was making checks that the other kids were departing and not leaving anything behind that might be overlooked in their haste to get on with summer. She’d told herself she wouldn’t get weepy about leaving Hogwarts, she’d made a career of never letting on how much someone or something hurt her, but now at the end, she was doing her best to hold it together.

For her last day as a prefect, Brianna was dressed in a Cloak and Coven exclusive black leather corset vest, paired with a long-sleeved white silk blouse and House tie, and a short wool skirt in Slytherin tartan, and black ankle boots. Her school jacket was currently draped over her dragonhide bag, waiting to be collected along with her beloved Bubber Hairfoot when she stepped down from the train. Brianna’s long buttery-blonde hair was pulled back in its usual business-like ponytail, and tied with green ribbons. She was going through the carriages, checking for stray students and stray pets, and anything or anyone that could prove to be an issue for the departing students.

The Seventh Year was unsurprised when she came across Linsey Grey-Cavendish doing exactly the same as she, having started at the opposite end of the train, and meeting her somewhere near the middle. ‘Shades of Nora freakin’ Dashwood,’ she thought, jealousy tugging at her heart, as she looked at her friend and former rival. The tall Ravenclaw was wearing a saturated robin’s egg blue fuzzy sweater corset vest with a pale blue silk blouse with long, puffed sleeves, and a long wool skirt in Ravenclaw tartan with a brass skirt pin, and a pair of four-inch-high heeled shoes on her feet. Her waist length snowy-white hair was allowed to flow long and loose over her shoulders, like a rushing waterfall. ‘All day on this train, and she still looks like a freakin’ model. Totally and patently un-freakin’-fair.’

You find anything?” asked Linsey in her usual soft tone. Brianna shook her head, and answered, “All quiet on the Western Front. You?” Linsey said, “I think we’re about the last ones left aboard.” Brianna cracked a crooked smile, and said, “Almost time to retire that badge, Head Girl.” Linsey drew a deep breath and replied evenly, “Same could be said of you, mon ami.” Brianna nodded, before adding, “Truth enough there. Just think: when you step down onto that platform, that’s it, you’re done. You ready to pack that thing and your school trunk away in an attic somewhere?” Linsey paused a moment, before shaking her head, and saying, “No and yes. What about you?” Brianna shrugged and confessed, “Yes and no,” before chuckling ironically.

You heard about the fire up in Gryffindor Tower, yes?” asked Linsey. Brianna gave a snort of derision, and then threw a look at Linsey which spoke volumes, before saying, “Kinda hard to miss that one. What about it?” Linsey said, “You don’t suppose…?” Brianna replied, “I suppose a great many things, and, trust me, I have my suspicions. Obviously, if things were serious enough, we would have been called upon to help with the aftermath, and Marni would have been glad of our assistance, I’m certain. As it stands now, not my monkey, not my circus, nor is it yours. We’re done with all that; we’ve crossed the Black Lake one last time.”

As the two girls walked along the companionway, Linsey drew a deep breath, and she said softly,
’Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have cross'd the bar.’
.”

Brianna gave the other girl a sidelong glance, and commented, with a bit of derision, “Gawd, you sound like my brother, stahp it. You weren’t quoting Tolkien, were you?” Linsey chuckled aloud, and answered, “Alfred, Lord Tennyson, poet laureate during the reign of Queen Victoria. Your brother seems like a really good sort.” Brianna smiled, and she said, “He is; wouldn’t have survived my early years at school without him. We’d fight like daemons over that Quaffle, whole match long, me trying to match him goal for goal to the final whistle, and we’d be laughing about it over butterbeers up in the Student Kitchens afterwards, no matter who won the match. Glad we had the chance to do that one more time. Still give him the business about the way he passed off the Herbology Club.”

Linsey chuckled, and commented, “You told me about all that. Said it should go to whoever needed it most.” Brianna nodded, and replied, “Yup, that’s my big brother all right. He’s a smart guy, don’t get me wrong, but…” Linsey countered, “…in the end, he was right, as eventually it got passed to Tam. The Club needed Tam, and he needed it just as much.” Brianna drew a deep breath before saying, “Don’t let him hear you say that, you’ll swell his head, and he won’t fit in doorways. An’ fer the luv of Gawd, don’ let on that I’m agreeing with you. It’s a younger sister’s prerogative to throw shade at her older brother, now and again.”

Brianna smiled for a moment, before it was replaced by a wistful expression, and she said, with a sob in her voice, “I’m going to miss seeing Tam everyday.” Linsey was nodding along as she too started snuffling. “I know, I’ll miss him too.” Brianna shook her head, and said, “Suppose neither of us is quite ready to leave this school.” Linsey was thoughtful for a moment, and then said, “Well, in a way, we’re really not leaving. I believe that when we leave a place, a part of it goes with us and a part of us remains. Go anywhere in the school when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone, our voices will linger in these walls for as long as the school remains. But I will admit that the part of me that is going will very much miss the part of you that is staying.”

You’re going to miss me?” asked Brianna, not quite sure she heard what Linsey was saying correctly. They’d competed against each other throughout their time at school, whether in the classroom or on the pitch. As often as not they were on opposing sides in their Wizard Law classes, and dueled for top grades in many of their shared classes. Linsey could do things in Wandless class with a level of ease Brianna could never hope to achieve, but they started bonding at the wake for Aedan and after Tam scared the crud out of both of them shortly before the Christmas before last, and when Linsey started showing up at Dueling Club to learn how to duel, and prepare for the impending NEWTs. Linsey nodded, and said, “Yes. I liked working with you, up in Hospital Wing with Marni, and I enjoyed the challenge of facing you in Law classes as opposing council.”

Brianna chuckled softly, and commented, “It was way more fun when they let us be on the same side. At least I never had to worry I’d have to do your half of a class project as well, thankfully. I’m going to miss seeing you with that great big dog of yours,” Linsey smiled, and she confessed, “I wouldn’t have made it through school without him. I’m just glad you did what you did to make the Carnivale a success; I’m personally grateful for that.” The Seventh Year said teasingly, “You mean your passion project?”

Linsey shook her head, and said, “The Carnivale was never about me, it was about everybody at the school. All I did was provide the spark and fan the flames.” Listening to the Head Girl, and seeing the way she regarded her with those too-blue-to-be-legit-normal eyes of hers, Brianna was convinced that she meant and believed what she said. The Outgoing Slytherin said in a serious, introspective tone, “Well, I’m personally grateful too, but not for why you might think. The first go around, the family came to see Ron and meet Aria, and I just happened to be there. Ron was always good to me when we were growing up, but still I was living in his and Aria’s shadow, and the family was measuring me by their achievements. This time, they were there to see me. I don’t think I can explain how much it meant for me to have that chance to finally … finally … finally matter.”

For a long minute there was a heavy silence in the coach, as both girls struggled to come up with more to say to each other. With a slow sigh, Brianna said softly, “Guess I should be on my way. See ya around, Head Girl.” Linsey gave her friend a soft smile, her eyes sparkling with tears, and she said, “Bon chance, mon ami.” She held out her arms to give her friend a hug. Brianna paused for a moment in hesitation, before muttering, “What the hell… It was a bit awkward, and it would have looked it to anybody else, but Brianna allowed the white-tressed girl hug her, and after a moment she returned it in kind. Both of the girls started to snuffle softly, and Brianna started wishing this moment wouldn’t end, but she knew it had to.

When they stepped away from each other, Brianna daubed at her eyes to conceal the evidence of tears. She slid the strap of her school bag over one shoulder, and then collected her cat carrier. As she was about to depart, she heard Linsey say to her in a whispery voice, “May you find shade and sweet water wherever you go, may the road always rise to meet your feet, and may God watch over you in all the empty places you must walk. Fare thee well, Brianna.” Brianna wasn’t sure if any of that was a Tolkien reference or not, nor did it matter. She smiled, and said quietly, “You as well, He… Linsey, and you can call me 'Anna'.”

Brianna stepped off the train, and she could feel Linsey was watching over her, as she had her other charges, making sure she too got to where she needed to be. All of a sudden, she was feeling as though she really didn’t belong here anymore, like a ghost visiting the living, and that stepping down from the train was akin to passing a gate through which she could not return. With a practiced gaze, the newly minted Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies was looking for her family. As a shot of emotional pain started to lance through her heart, the fear she’d been forgotten once more, she saw a familiar face as she passed a particularly large knot of robed students and their parents.

Ron spotted his little sister at the same time she did him, and he waved to get attention as she approached. Brianna saw Mom was standing beside him, the pair of them looking more like co-workers and colleagues than mother and son. However, it was Dad who caught her attention. His dark hair was graying at the temples, and she could see the lines at his eyes which she couldn’t recall having seen previously. He also seemed shorter than she remembered him being, but it didn’t matter; he was here. He held a bouquet of blue zinnia, and before he could give them to her, Brianna threw herself into his arms, as tears flowed unchecked down her cheeks.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:28 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey Grey-Cavendish
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A Final Farewell
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Though symbolic, I do hope she will take this step alongside myself...

Almost as quickly as the year had started, it was over. And with it, his short time at Hogwarts... however, as his dark eyes watched the rolling hills pass by the train windows, Serghei couldn't think of a single thing he would change if he could. Not only was he finally free from the crushing oppression of the Antonov Regime, but he had found a sense of peace with the distance. It helped that he had found his younger sister and watched as she not only came to trust him, but came to trust herself a little more. It was as if she felt able to close that chapter of her life as well. Something seemed like the chokehold Father had over them was finally gone. Perhaps it was the profound safety behind the magic at Hogwarts... or perhaps it was this new family that had come to accept and love Ella, and perhaps him as well.

Though, he figured none of that would happen without Linsey. Serghei sighed softly, letting his mind drift to those secret moments hidden behind closet doors on Prefect rotations... those meals shared, always cooked by loving hands... the way her smile would light up those electric eyes of hers... It really was no wonder that his heart had fallen for her. After all, she seemed to be an angel sent to walk alongside them while he felt quite the opposite. Linsey cared for everyone she met, so it made perfect sense that the fates would have had her be the one to discover the little lost girl that had been abandoned from his family.... and then spare him as well. And now, not only did he have his little sister in his good graces, but he had Linsey's affection as well. What could have better summed up the freedom within?

As the train slowed, Serghei pulled on his backpack, thankful that magic allowed it to contain all of his belongings. He made sure Finn kept Ella safe as they hurried off the train and over toward the waiting Grey family. Knowing Linsey, she was doing an extensive search as her Prefect and eventual Head Girl badge allowed. He worked with the other remaining Prefects to do a final sweep, before he stepped off the train as well. Looking around, he saw the very source of his affection, her hair seeming to catch the lights in such a way as to highlight a halo there. Serghei leaned up against one of the columns near, yet far enough to allow the blonde to bid farewell to the Slytherin girl, Brianna. Serghei straightened his clothes, black slacks and a matching blazer, under which he wore a dark navy shirt. He looked every bit formal and dark.

After the girls had hugged and parted ways, the brunette stepped closer to where Linsey remained. "Dragul meu înger, să plecăm în armonie." His dark eyes looked over, a soft smile on his face. Serghei offered his hand over to her, as he glanced toward the huddle of Greys. "Shall we depart? I believe your Familie are waiting for you. Though, I would be honored to escortă you safely along." He offered a little bow, something familiar from his many years of etiquette training. Besides, she deserved every bit of the formalities he could award her.

{{Translate :: "My dear angel, let's go in harmony." ~ Romanian}}
          Graydon Ironshield

I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴡᴀʏ, ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Lɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏ ᴏғ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜᴛ, ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
          Iᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ
          I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ. Fᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ, ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Aᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ, ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
          Tʀᴜsᴛ ᴍᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
          Hᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪs, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴜsʜ ɪᴛ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴀʟ! I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇᴅ!
          Wʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪs, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɪᴛ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅᴇᴅ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴏɴ sᴛᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴘɪʀɪᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ!
          Wᴇʟʟ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴀʟ! I ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪs!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:53 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

I’m stalling,’ Linsey chided herself, as she watched Brianna briefly searching for her family. From her vantage, she was able to see the erstwhile Slytherin embrace a man standing beside a woman with sandy-brown hair and Ronald, her brother. Linsey smiled to herself, seeing her fellow prefect hugging somebody she assumed was her father. “Dear Brianna, I hope you find the peace in your heart you so desperately seek,” she said softly.

With a sigh, she glanced about the empty railcar; in the stillness of the moment, she almost could hear herself trying to convince her godmother that she needed to be home to attend little Freya’s birth, and asking what if they’d sent her letter to school by accident. For a timeless instant she almost saw herself rushing off to aid Ella when the little homeless waif stumbled away from the Floo grates. She shut her eyes and when she opened them once again she was back to the present, her long sensitive fingers tracing the edges of her badge. ‘Almost time to retire my badge,’ she thought, echoing Brianna’s sentiments.

Before she decided to take one last tour of the train, Linsey walked back into her compartment to collect her school bag with all the goodies inside, and Blannat’s head immediately came up, and his tail started wagging happily, as he lay stretched out on the floor and was snoozing while waiting for her. Linsey chuckled as she caressed the big wolfhound’s face, and said softly in a little girl tone, as she looked into his big brown soulful eyes, “You honestly didn’t think I’d forget you were still here, did you? I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. Its time for us to go, mon brave.” Blannat licked her hand, and then started licking the side of Linsey’s face as he stood up.

Linsey slid her school jacket on before looping her bag over one shoulder, and Blannat picked up the reel for his lead in his mouth and helpfully passed it over to her. “Thank you. Ready to go?” The wolfhound gave a little ‘woof’ in response as his mistress clipped the reel to her waist before clipping the end to his collar. With that, they stepped out of the compartment and were on their way to the nearest exit.

She nearly considered taking one last tour, just to be sure everyone else was gone, but Blannat took that decision out of her hands, as he led the way off the train, tugging her along by his lead. The two of them descended from the brightly painted coach, and Linsey immediately spotted Serghei, whom was patiently waiting for them. It pained her to think he was here all alone, having just graduated from school and nowhere even to store his trunk.

As they approached, Linsey heard Serghei say something in Romanian, from which she picked out ‘harmony’, as she was doing well to get the off-word from him and Ella, and then he offered to escourt her over to the rest of the family with a little. In response, she curtsied elegantly, before smiling and holding out her arm for him to take. “I’d like that very much. I don’t know what you said before, but I liked the sound of it.” She leaned in and gave him a long kiss. "The Future awaits, mon coeur."

Going over to where the rest of the family was, Linsey was gratified to see Finn had escourted Ella over to be with the group, after making sure Rey was awake and she and the cat were with the Heulwens and the Abramses. Walking over to her Dad, he picked her up off her feet and gave her a big bear hug, as she laughed and laid her head upon his shoulder. “There’s m’girl,” he said in a loud voice. “Ye’done crossed the Black Lake, an’ didnae get et by the kraken, thot be cause fer celebration.”

Wasna’ able to get the House Cup fer Ravenclaw, Dad. Lord alone knows how but Gryffindor won it this year,” said Linsey, a note of disappointment in her voice. She had five major goals she wished to accomplish in her last go around at school: acing her exams, getting Ella ready to take over the Culinary Club, making the Carnivale a rousing success, and winning both the House and Quidditch Cups for Ravenclaw. She only managed three of those goals. Dad kissed his elder daughter, and told her, “Ye brought in a Quidditch Cup fer wise ol’ Ravenclaw, an’ thot was all I asked of ye, dear. Ye’ve done nothin’ te shame yer name o’ yer House; ye dun ol’ Rowena ‘erself proud, and there’s nae mistakin’ that.”

When Dad set Linsey back on her feet, Freya picked then to rush up to her cousin, her riot of red hair trailing behind her as she did, to give her a hug. Seven years old, and the younger sister of Finn was nearly as tall as Ella was. “I missed you, Linsey. You’re not going away again, are you?” Linsey gave her younger cousin a side hug, and told her, “Not just yet, Freya.” There would be a fashion show in New York next month, which she and Milan would attend, and she would be competing as an adult designer this time, after making a bit of a splash last year in the junior category. She’d also be touring with Causeway Hares over their summer schedule, so while she’d be busy with work and playing concerts, her workload would be oddly less than what she just walked away from.

Dad then said, “You’ll be happy to know ol’ Angus has kindly cleared out a section of the pub fer our use tonight. So, after we drop off luggage an’ ol’ Blannat here, we can be on our way there.” Linsey piped up with, “I should like to have Serghei come with us, an’ ask he stay with us.” Before Dad could say anything, Hannah interjected, as she wasn’t quite sure she heard what was said correctly, and what point did things go completely sideways, “Mind running that by us again, dear?”

Looking at both of her parents, Linsey said insistently, “Mum, Dad, he’s here by himself, he’s nae kin aside from Ella, an’ since we took her in, thot makes him kin. At least the night, so he can figure out a more permanent situation in Kenmare. He’ll be playin’ fer the Kestrals, an’ he’s invited me to be with him at his formal signing.” As Dad tried to figure out what to do or say next, he was spared a decision when Fianna spoke up, “Uain Bheag, how about this as an alternative: Uncle Loch an’ I discussed it, so why not instead Serghei stay with us? We’ve got an extra room, an’ it’ll be nae trouble at all.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Ella, and the rest of the Greys
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A Final Farewell
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They teamed up on me

Serghei was glad that Linsey had accepted his hand. It was still odd that they were indeed dating, especially given their tumultuous first meeting. Linsey said she didn't know what he'd said, earning a small chuckle. Though, he was directed otherwise for a moment as they kissed, gently brushing his hand through her silken hair. She then called him her 'heart', which made him grin. "I had said that we should go in harmony. It is... oft said when two are completing a milestone together, then stepping into the new.... rolle. As for the name given, I called you mon ange." That one, he'd said in one of her many languages, having noticed they often referred to one another in French. Plus, it was one of the languages his own Father detested, so it was extra fun to learn.

Once at the side of Linsey's impressive family, he was glad to let go of her hand so she could get a hug from her father. Ella sent a small wave over, which Serghei returned in kind. The younger brunette was standing close to her mother, looking tired from the long train trip. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail, clearly evident that she'd tried to do it herself. Perhaps he should attempt to learn more about long hair care, especially given the two people he was most fond of had lengthy tresses. He did, however, take a moment to laugh when Linsey noted the winner of the house cup. "Da, rumor has it their... Gemeinschaftsraum..." he paused, glancing at Ella who shrugged. "Eh? Camera cu căminele lor atașate?" He gesticulated, trying to come up with the words. "Their Common Room?" Ella added, helpfully. "Da! Their common room had caught fire last night. No doubt in celebration of their biruinţă." "That one means 'victory'."

Serghei nodded over to his younger sister, before Linsey's cousin ran over and seemed quite dour about Linsey having been gone. From what he knew, she was still a few years shy of school, yet she was already about to surpass Ella in height. The girl wasn't even remotely close to the height all the Antonov boys boasted, so he had to wonder just how small her mother must have been. Would she even remember the woman? Dark eyes shifted back to Linsey when she said asked for Serghei to come along for their dinner.... and to stay??? Where had that come from?

It was her mother that spoke up first, asking her to clarify. She noted that he was alone and without family, save for Ella, and therefore he should be invited in. She went on to add his newfound career, which he agreed to with a nod. Her father seemed to be struggling when her aunt spoke up instead. Apparently it would be no trouble for him to join them for the night. "Please, do not feel obligated. As kind as Linsey is, I do not mind investing a short while in a hotel. I would feel guilt at putting you out." He bowed his head a bit, feeling odd that Linsey was fighting with keeping him safe somewhere. Heck, his former family wouldn't have cared if he slept in a snowdrift, much less a warm, safe environment. It was Ella who spoke up to cause his mind to change. "Serghei, they're not gonna take no, you know? Let Linsey keep doting..."

Serghei looked over at his younger sister, the girl who looked so much like him, then sighed. "Nu ies din asta, nu?" He asked with a small laugh. He noticed a small grin on the otherwise shy girl's face. "Nicio șansă." Serghei let his hand find Linsey's once more, giving her a small squeeze of affection. "Very well. But only one night. I shall find somewhere to stay in the morning. And vielen dank."

{{Translate :: "I'm not getting out of this, am I?" ~ "Not a chance at all"}}
          Graydon Ironshield

I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴡᴀʏ, ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Lɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏ ᴏғ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜᴛ, ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
          Iᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ
          I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ. Fᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ, ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Aᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ, ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
          Tʀᴜsᴛ ᴍᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
          Hᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪs, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴜsʜ ɪᴛ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴀʟ! I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇᴅ!
          Wʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪs, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɪᴛ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅᴇᴅ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴏɴ sᴛᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴘɪʀɪᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ!
          Wᴇʟʟ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴀʟ! I ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪs!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:12 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 26th for the school.))

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:51 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Aina, Quinn, and Freya
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Heading off to school
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Big changes!

This was going to be a big year for her, since it was her first year introducing herself as Alice McNamara and she was going to be living in the girls' dormitory, rather than the boys. She was still nervous about that, since she would have to change and shower around the other girls, but Alice already had plans to help take care of that nervousness. She had also started hormone replacement therapy and was beginning to go through female puberty. Alice had read up on all the changes that her body was going to go through to prepare for everything. All in all, she was very excited for the coming year. Another big change for her was that her cousin Aina, whom she'd just met the previous summer, was going to be joining them at Hogwarts. It was very fortuitous that the blonde had begun learning British Sign Language to better communication with Meallen because Aina was also deaf. However, unlike Mea, Aina was entirely non verbal and only communicated via BSL. Uncle Seamus had asked Alice to accompany her to the platform her first time so the girl didn't get lost or overwhelmed.

It was a little different not going to the platform from Seb's flat and Alice missed her best friend/crush. But she had promised to help her cousin and Alice was a girl of her word. Besides, Sebby would meet them at the platform and Alice could say goodbye to Momma Kinzlie on the platform as well. With her trusty new purse, Alice carried both her trunk and Aina's to the platform. Both of her mothers also accompanied them to see their daughter off. Alice appeared on the platform first to make sure there wasn't anything that might cause her cousin harm. Then Quinn came through the floo, followed by Aina, and taking up the rear was Freya. She remarked something about the beauty of King's Cross, then looked to Quinn and Alice for direction on where to go. Since they flooed directly to the platform, they didn't need to pass through the wall, so Alice led the way over to where they dropped off their trunks. Skye had already flown ahead to Hogwarts, so her empty cage was tucked into Alice's trunk. Once their trunks were set aside, Alice gave them a little privacy so they could say their goodbyes while she also watched for Sebby and Momma Kinzlie to arrive.

Cinnabun Gryffie

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:18 am
User ImageUser Image
xx☀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx☼ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mum, Mamma, and Alice
xxxx☀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Going to school
xxxxx☼ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Ow.. loud... but train!

Ever since that letter from Hogwarts had come in, Aina had been having second thoughts about going to school in the UK. She'd asked her parents if they could just educate her at home, but both her parents had insisted that she go to school. It would benefit her to get out of the house and be around people, something that she had disagreed with. But she had been whisked off the UK where she was happy to see her grandfather again. Mum and Mamma stayed with her this time, which was also nice. Grandpa Seamus introduced Aina to a new girl at the house, introducing her as her cousin Alice. Alice turned out to be pretty cool and it seemed she was learning sign language as well. Both of them liked reading and talked about books. Ai also liked that Alice never made her try to speak like some people did. She absolutely hated her speaking voice because she never truly learned how to speak. But Alice seemed to understand that and accepted it. As the time to go away to school approached, Aina begged her parents one last time to let her stay home, but it was to no avail and she had to go to school. At least Alice said the school had a huge library.

On the day they headed out, Aina dressed and put on her implants. For a minute, she considered leaving them home "accidentally" so she wouldn't have to actually listen to anything there. But she figured her mothers would be very upset with her. She also packed her spare batteries and her back up unit into her trunk. Then Mum shrank them and tucked them into Alice's purse. When then flooed over to the platform, Aina immediately winced at the volume of the station. She covered her ears until she adapted to the noise but she was visibly straining against the sound. The brunette followed her cousin and Mum over to the place where they deposited their trunks, watching Mum turn them back to normal size. Alice stepped away and both her parents dropped down to her height. "Mum, any chance I can go back to the house?" she signed desperately. Freya sighed and signed, "Vennan, everything will be alright. Stay with your cousin, alright?" Quinn nodded as well and signed, "Alice will look after you. And you can write us every week. Alright sweetheart?" Aina sighed and pouted, but signed, "Mum, Mamma, I love you both. Tell Drogo I miss him." Quinn smirked and playfully ruffled her daughter's messy hair. Then they said their goodbyes and both apparated off the platform. Aina walked over to Alice, wiping a tear from her eyes. "When your friend gets here, can we see the train?" she signed to Alice, glancing back at the Hogwarts Express.

I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴇᴀsʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴘᴀss sʟᴏᴡ
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴅs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ
          Aɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴀᴄᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ
          I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
          Aɴᴅ ɪғ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴏᴘᴇɴs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ
          I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴ' 'ᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ғɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
          Iғ ɪᴛ's ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, sʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴍɪʟᴇ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Mʏ ᴡɪsʜ, ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪғᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ
          Yᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs sᴛᴀʏ ʙɪɢ, ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs sᴛᴀʏ sᴍᴀʟʟ
          Yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴏʟᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ
          I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛᴏᴏ

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:38 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mama, Alice, Aina, and Zoot
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Departing for School
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm not sure I want to go...

All summer had just seemed like a whole big mess. He'd still been struggling with getting used to all his new werewolf nonsense, the constant barrage of sensations from every sort of input and the horrible medicine and the excruciating pain of the monthly transformations... but now he had to pretend not to struggle so mama wouldn't worry! Plus his friends were changing too and half of them smelled super weird. He couldn't help Mama and Nani at work anymore because the overwhelming smells made him super dizzy, but just being trapped at home was torture in and of itself too.

The morning of the train trip, Seb and Mama finished packing everything he'd managed to miss and then they had a fancy breakfast that Kinzlie had prepared. She was trying to keep his spirits up, but it wasn't hard to tell that he was down lately. With all those big changes and his school worries, plus his hesitations about Quidditch. She had tried to save up enough to afford a new broom for him, but the sale ended before she had enough coin. It was pretty dumb they cost the same as a cheap car!

After breakfast, the Moons gathered belongings and Zoot, then used the floo over to the train platform. As soon as the chaos of the area hit him, Kinzlie gave Seb his earplugs, which they'd gotten to help muffle some of the noise he would otherwise just have to deal with. Pulling Seb into a tight hug, Kinzlie sighed softly. "Hey, bub. It's going to be a great year, I'm just sure of it. You'll get to see all your friends again, I know you've missed them. And I have a feeling you're going to do absolutely fantastic at Quidditch this year too. Remember, it's not on your shoulders to keep everyone happy, okay? You're allowed mistakes just like everyone else. And if you ever need to talk, you know Mama's here, okay?" She gently straightened his messy hair, sending a smile that tried hard not to look sad.

"I know, Mama. And I'm gonna do my best. But maybe I should just let someone else try this year too. I already ruined Nare's captaining, and I don't wanna do the same for Nic." He huffed, looking glum. "Hey now, anyone who says you ruined things isn't a true friend. As long as you and your friends are having fun, everything will fall in place. Now, give me a hug. I think I see Alice and her cousin there. They're probably waiting on you." Kinzlie pulled Seb into another big hug, earning a squeak from Zoot. He wrapped his arms around her as well, accidentally squeezing a bit harder than intended. "I love you, Mama. I'll see you at Christmas." "I love you too, Sebby baby."

After their hug, Seb and Kinzlie walked his trunk over to the drop off, then over beside Alice. He'd grown a few inches since the beginning of summer, and it showed when he stood beside her. "Hey Deeeeec.....la...Alice." Dang it! He'd practiced this! His cheeks flushed a bit, but then his green eyes noticed the younger girl with Alice. "Oh, hi. You must be Aaah-eee-nah. I'm Seb and this is Zoot. Nice ta meetcha." He gestured to his cat who was lazily draped over his shoulders. He glanced over at Alice, sending her a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Hi Alice, girl. I hope you had a great summer. Hey, do me a favor, if you would. These are Seb's other set of earbuds, are you able to put them in that fancy new purse of yours?" She pulled Alice into a tight hug before pulling away and offering a small case. She also sent a glance toward the girl, then back toward Seb, trying to convey that he needed a bit more gentleness that day. Kinzlie was certain that Alice would know the full moon calendar, especially that there would be a full moon within a few days. She didn't envy his pain, but Kinzlie wished more than anything that she could take it away from him.

{{Wearing :: Back to School}}
          AliceInWonderland0921

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀs ʜᴇʟʟ
          Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ? Wʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴛᴇʟʟ?
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅᴀʏs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴀ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs
          A ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴇs
          A ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅᴀʏs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴀ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs
          A ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴇs
          Yᴇᴀʜ, ɴᴏ, I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ
          Nᴏ, I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮