Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Role Play What You're Wearing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am
"Oh I never meant to imply that our magic is any weaker than other kinds."
She grinned almost grimly at some recollection that she chose not to share with them, then continued. "You are right though, with some creativity it can be quite impressive."

She glanced out one of Rolands windows; she could not get a great view of the sun's position but knew evening would be upon them in a few hours.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am
An impression of bitter amusement went through her for a moment, before Elcia disguised the thought. "Indeed. Elven magic is quite strong actually, I've heard." Ashoc sighed for a moment and her voice softened. "What does the sun look like?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:46 am
Her attention snapped back to Ashoc sharply when she asked about the sun. She smiled, no wonder Roland had become convinced that Ashoc read minds, but then she knew that the senses of the blind often became hyper sensitive to other means of transmitting information.
"We should have a lovely sun set in about an hour, but from here there are a few very inconveniently placed buildings to get a good view of it. Roland here gets a better view of the cityscape. Or did you want a description of the sun?"

(( sweatdrop I sort of decided what was outside your window Rol. Hope you don't mind, I figured a mercenary would prefer a good view of possible future pay checks than front row seats to nature's theater.))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am
(( xd No prob, Elcia, it's fine))

"Oh believe me, I do get a nice view of the sun. It shines through the window in my bedroom in the morning, thus acting as a decent alarm clock. and I'm just noticing, but it seems like I'm the odd man out now then" Roland pointed to the big guy "He's super strong, and Daedalus can do stuff like hiding his guns like that. Turns out Elcia is an elf with strong magic, and Ashoc... well, she's just about as unique as I've ever seen. I'm just a mercenary. No powers, nothing like that. Just a normal dude. Maybe I'm not cut out for the job." Roland wasn't trying to back out, nor was he looking for any type of sympathy. He was just pointing out the disturbingly obvious. "I don't want to hinder you guys in any way. Anyway, you were asking about the sun. You aren't missing much, just a bright light."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 am
"Don' be cutting yourself short. I'm certain there will be things only you could do and certainly there will be places only you, as a 'ordinary' human could go undetected." She patted the big guy still sitting between herself and Ashoc. "He has the disadvantage of standing out like a sore thumb in just about any environment, as would Daedalus in most places. Ashoc and myself could easily be made to blend in, but we would still be more readily noticeable.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 pm
"This is true. However, in an event that I might be somehow caught without weapons, I'm screwed. Everyone else will have a sporting chance though. I guess I just have to be extra careful about that then." Roland said. He grabs a kunai and puts it into a sheath with straps on it, then straps that to his ankle. "There. It never hurts to have a little extra...protection."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:13 pm
"I've never seen light," Ashoc murmured softly, not even really to them any more, with a little more than a hint of anguish in her voice. "I've not seen colour or light or shape or shadow, it's just been empty. I don't even know if this is darkness. It just is. Or rather, isn't. I can get impressions of images from people sometimes, if they have a particularly strong reaction to something. But it's not the same. Though it's more than anyone else who's blind would have, I suppose, so I should be thankful for that."

She cleared her throat a little to try to clear the soft sentimentality and pain that had leaked into her voice. "Again, sorry for the whole almost-but-not-quite-reading-your-minds thing. Roland, I thought that mercenaries were trained in hand-to-hand combat as well? And as for myself, I'm really really not that special. Physically I'm quite weak. My only talents are persuasion and music. They call me a bard. Some have taken to calling me The Bard, but there's others like me, so I don't go by that. All I can do is affect reality with music."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 pm
"Indeed, we are trained in hand-to-hand combat. However, if someone REALLY wants to kill you, they won't bother in laying down their arms for an honorable fight. This evens the odds a bit." Roland said, pointing to the kunai. "Mostly, my training is self taught. To my knowledge, there is no 'Mercenary U' or anything. like that. I just... did a lot of reading up on certain things, and practiced till I got it down."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 pm
"Well there should be a Mercenary U," she told him, giggling a little as she cheered up. "Couldn't you have taken lessons? Any old regular person can take karate lessons and whatnot."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 pm
"I could have, though it would seem suspicious, me taking all these different classes. I did, however, have to take a course in offensive driving. That can't be self taught."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm
"You could at least take one. I know there's one kind, though I can't recall the name of it, that specializes in attacks from several people attacking one person at a time. That would probably be best for you. What is offensive driving, exactly? I.. can't exactly drive, so I don't know much about regular driving."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:48 pm
"Hrm. I dunno. The style of karate I use is called Ishan-ryu, it originates from Okinawa. Anyway, offensive driving. Basically, driving like a mad-man to get away from anyone who happens to be tailing you."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:10 pm
"Not heard of it, but then, I only concentrate on music when I study anything at all, really, besides a few random things for entertainment or missions. That kind of driving sounds... interesting. But if I was in a car with you, I'd trust you to not kill us." She smiled encouragingly at him, "Excuse me a moment?" Ashoc stood and negotiated her way to the washroom swiftly, taking her violin with her. She played for a moment and a new shirt appeared for her. After freshening up a little and changing, she came out again and set her violin down on Roland's desk.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm
Roland grinned "sure thing. It... actually might be better if you CAN'T see during a drive like that, it get's interesting pretty fast." When Ashoc came back out, he said "So what now? We just sit here, waiting for an idea about how to cause trouble?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 pm
Elcia giggled at the thought of a school for mercenaries. That would not go well at all she though given the personalities of most mercenaries.
"The sun is more than light it is energy and warmth both of which I am sure you have some familiarity with."
She stood up, "If you all do not mind, I think I should change as well. Though I'll be needing to actually go home to do so." The last statement referred to Ashoc's convenient little trick.

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games