Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:00 pm
I refuse to look back thinking days were better
Just because they're younger days
I don't know what's 'round the corner
Way I feel right now I swear we'll never change

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐮𝐦║𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝║𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Wyatt had finally folded on the topic of a third child but he still held off actually putting it into motion much to Milo's chagrin. But to be fair, a lot of stuff ended up happening that he felt justified in putting off adoption. Now though with Dris graduated and living on his own (in a shared flat, semantics), Laili was about to graduate any day now, even Brennie was in school now with Nasim a small step behind him, he could sort of see what his husband meant about the empty nest thing. Though he made sure to put his foot down about the age; he might miss having an actual child but that didn't mean he wanted to go though potty training all over again.

Thankfully Milo seemed to agree and had no problem pushing them both out the house to the orphanage to find their newest addition. He snorted at his husband's assuring words as he followed him into the building looking around and feeling the familiar swirl of anticipation and guilt as he watched all the kids running around. He was mainly paying attention to the kids in the living room and was going to ask Milo about them when he noticed he wasn't at his side anymore and quickly followed him into another smaller room. Wyatt watched as the little boy informed them about his lego castle and seemed rather cautious of them, which he understood. Especially with Milo and his as usual garish owl attire next to his own muted polo and jeans. He tried to remember if he was wearing something like this for Dris and Laili and unfortunately couldn't. Or fortunately, he was rather on the fence about that. "It's nice to meet you Q and I agree, that's a really nice castle you've got there. What else do you like to build?" he asked crouching a bit but not yet infringing on the little boy's space.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids
Swear that we’ll never die

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wyatt and Milo
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Castle Building and Talking
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They've got to have a motive for talking to me

Quinn was warily watching the two adults, neither of whom he knew. He did know neither worked at Wools, though... one of them looked pretty similar to one of the volunteers who brought fancy food. That one, Wyatt, crouched down a little closer to Quinn, the boy biting his lip nervously. "I like building stuff. I... I made a town for one of the kids to play cars in, and one time I made a robot... but he didn't work right." He didn't mention that the robot hadn't worked because his dad broke it a bit, but his put-out expression might have been a tell.

Milo set a hand on Wyatt's shoulder and crouched down a bit too, hoping not to scare the boy. He seemed sweet, and clearly he had a creative streak. "You built a whole city? That must've been hard work." He offered a compliment with a smile, thinking it really must have been difficult, especially for a boy Q's age. "Um... not really? I like making stuff like that. Plus it made the kid happy... so it was good." Milo nodded along, adding that to his growing list. He was creative, helpful... though a bit shy. He certainly wasn't as talkative as Dris or Laili had been, though he looked a little older, perhaps six or seven, and who knew, he could've been in the system longer as well.

Quinn had cowered a bit when Milo also squatted down, though he still had plenty of distance between himself and them. Plus, he was protected by the castle walls... though they weren't very tall yet. There was still a lot of work to do. He ran a hand through his messy blonde hair, then tilted his head to look at the grown-ups a little sideways. It was something he liked to do when he was trying to learn more about a situation, since he'd discovered he tended to notice minute details when sideways. In this case, he noticed Milo had a shoe untied. He turned his head back right, trying to issue a smile, but it looked a little less than totally sincere. He wanted to like these guys.... but he also didn't know squat about them. "You guys are here to adopt, right? 'Cause professional people always dress way fancy... and people who just come to help out like... like the kitchen guy just... go about their jobs. And they don't come talk to us always." He looked at them, wondering if they'd verify his thought process or shoot his logic down.

Yukina101

I ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʀᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
          I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
          Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Wyatt made a soft oo-ing sound as Q talked about how he'd built a city for other children to play cars in as well as a robot that was somewhat functional if he was hearing right. And when Milo commented that it must've been hard to build so much the little boy was rather nonchalant and shy about it causing him to grin at just how cute he was. He took notice as to how uneasy he still was about the two adults being there and made sure not to crouch any lower or come any closer to Q until the little boy did so first but curiously watched as he titled sideways to observe them. Wyatt found himself unconsciously mirroring it until he felt a slight neck crick in protest forcing him to straighten and hear the little boy's comments about their current visit. He was definitely a smart little boy, the robot construction alone told him that, and highly perceptive as well. It made him smile wider though having an idea about the person in the kitchen he mentioned.

"You're a very bright little boy, and very much correct. We are here to look at adopting another child for our family. You know, we've adopted two other little kids from here a long long time ago, and we recently decided that we wanted another." he told him straightforwardly. Wyatt had a feeling that Q would appreciate them being very plain in their talking unlike with their previous children. Though to be fair, both had been just barely out of toddlerhood when they'd adopted them.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They've got to have a motive for talking to me

Quinn looked up at Wyatt, glad the man wasn't using the little baby talk or saying he wouldn't understand. In fact, the man was quite straightforward, which he appreciated. And he was right, which made him a little happy. He also appreciated that the man had called him bright, since he always seemed to feel left out at school. He hadn't even gotten to join the gifted program because he'd been moved to Wool's in the middle of a school year. "So you came back? 'Cause you like it here? And 'cause you got two kids here already." He nodded, softly humming to himself as he set a few more bricks on his tower. "Are your kids all growed up now?" He looked between the adults, secretly wishing he had mind-reading powers.

Milo grinned, noticing that Wyatt was becoming attached, however slightly to the boy. It was good he'd decided to peek into this room instead of limiting themselves to the living room. Besides, he didn't want to interrupt a group and only take one of the kids home... it'd be horrible. Wyatt spoke plainly to the boy, something Q seemed to admire. Perfect. He listened as Quinn pieced facts together, then came up with a question of his own. "Yes indeed. Our son's moved out and working, our daughter is following behind, though she's still in school.How about you, Q? Do you like school?" He'd hoped for an easy answer (in either direction, honestly), but Quinn pondered his answer instead, before softly shaking his head.

Yukina101

Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
          I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
          Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:13 am

Wyatt could see that Q brightened up a bit at being called smart and had to wonder if it was purely because of the compliment or something else. He nodded along to the little boy's deductions and retelling and was not so secretly amused by his adorable question. He didn't have to look at Milo to know the other man was positively gleeful about all of this seeing them start to get attached to another little person and instead sat back and listened as he explained about their children. It still somewhat amazed him to listen and know that both of their kids were essentially adults at this time, hell Dris even had a new girlfriend he wouldn't (or couldn't he hasn't yet figured it out) stop talking about whenever they were apart. He'd started keeping him behind the counter and away from the back offices in his store so he couldn't keep hearing all his lovesick sighs. It was cute, but it was also slightly bit annoying.

At Milo's question about Q's schooling though, a small frown took over his smile wondering what could make the little boy think so seriously. "Is it what you're learning in school that you don't like or something else.?" Wyatt asked trying to keep his tone of voice still soft and curious instead of accusatory. He wouldn't want the poor boy to think something was wrong with him just because he didn't like school. "Our oldest didn't like school all that much at first either if I remember correctly, I'm kinda old," he added with a small self-depreciating grin. "From what I remember, it was mostly the noise he didn't like which I completely understand. School's pretty noisy, isn't it?" he asked rhetorically with a slight huff.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They'll think I'm strange

Quinn tilted his head up at Wyatt when he questioned deeper about school. He huffed quietly, but kept watching the men. "I'm learning lots of stuff in school. I just... don't like it." He shrugged, not sure if he wanted to confess his struggles with human interaction. He didn't have any friends at all, nor did he really talk to anyone. The teacher had told him they would request him to repeat first year again since they said he wasn't "mentally prepared" for second year. But he didn't like how they said it, like he was addled or something.

When Wyatt asked about school, Milo looked over at him. He wasn't sure if Quinn would be up to explain his thoughts to strangers, but sure enough he did... well, sort of. He said it didn't have to do with what they were learning... which really didn't narrow it down much. The man moved to sit, his knees starting to grow impatient with his prolonged crouching. He looked over at his husband as he continued, this time talking about Dris' struggles with school. While incredibly bright, Dris hadn't much cared for school on busy days. Perhaps Wyatt was onto something here...

Quinn tilted his head as he pondered the man talking about their their son not liking school either. Though, his reason had been the noise, which never really bothered Q. He'd always just tuned it out while he was working, and ignored it while he wasn't. "I guess it's all the people... I don't really... like people sometimes." He looked at the ground, nervously tugging on his hair. He didn't want the grown ups to think he didn't like them either... not that he particularly liked them yet... but he didn't want them to think he was a weirdo kid. "I understand that. Sometimes people can be draining." Milo added, encouragingly. Hopefully he could help the kid not feel.... ashamed? Or whatever he was feeling, because Milo had a feeling they were destined to help this sweet boy.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Wyatt just hmm'd as Q spoke about learning things but still not liking school before eventually following it by explaining he didn't really like people. Ah, so a Thane. That they could deal with easily. It completely escaped his notice that he was already coming up with ideas and future teacher conferences and when he did instead of freaking out his consciousness merely shrugged. They'd known at nearly the first ten or so minutes they had wanted to adopt Dris and Laili, why would it be any different for their third child. He nodded in agreement with Milo's addition that people could be draining seeing that the little boy was slowly warming up to them. "They sure can be. I have a friend who I like to think of as an energy vampire; I can meet up with him for just ten minutes and suddenly I've got no energy left." Wyatt told him with a small smirk imagining the dramatic appalled expression James might make at his depiction. "So at school, what's some of the sorta things you like to learn? My favorite thing in school was reading and geography. I really liked looking at maps." he asked curiously. Mostly because he really was curious but also partially because he wanted to ensure whichever school they chose near them had a good enough program. It was called being pragmatic and between him and Milo it was more than certainly going to be him.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They'll think I'm strange

Quinn looked between Wyatt and Milo, before returning to clicking blocks in place. After a minute, Wyatt's voice drew back his attention, the boy looking a bit confused over the concept of vampires. Did Wyatt have a real vampire friend? With the blood and the garlic and stuff? "Vampires... are not nice, right? They... they bite people and stuff. Bad for a friend." He nodded solemnly, thinking his advice could... somehow become helpful. Admittedly, he didn't know much about vampires, other than that his mum once lost a bet to one and had so pay a bunch of money one time.

Milo laughed quietly at the thought of James the Energy Vampire. He had one in his life too, and her name was Cydney. When the two got together... hell itself gave up. Poor Dris having to deal with their combined energy several times a week. Well, not poor Dris, given that he signed up for the torture. He was, however, charmed by Q's interesting, if not mildly disconcerting advice. "Some vampires are nice, I'm sure. But don't worry, Wyatt's friend isn't really a vampire. No biting." Well... Milo was pretty sure there was no biting. Poor Lyre if there was....

Q ran a hand through his messy, tangled hair as Milo spoke, assuring him that Wyatt's friend wasn't a vampire at all. Wyatt, on the other hand, changed subject back to school, asking about his favorite classes. Apparently Wyatt liked reading and maps. Weird... "My favorites were always reading and music. But that's because I'm a musical soul." Q wondered why they both liked reading, especially because it wasn't his strong class. In fact, he wasn't very good at reading comprehension at all, but he made up for it in other subjects. "I'm good at math... and science. They're fun, sometimes. Sometimes not so much." At that, a small grin touched his lips, the boy thinking of the occasional boring parts of the classes. Luckily, his teacher sometimes let him work ahead when things got too boring.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 am

Wyatt couldn't contain his snickers at Q's genuine confusion at his use of the word "vampire" probably imagining those dramatic renditions muggles liked to use in cartoon and movies. He nodded in agreement with Milo's words about vampires and James in general though he shuddered slightly at the mention of biting. Great, he won't be able to look either of them in the eyes next time they met."Yeah, my friend is definitely not a vampire. He's just...very very energetic. Like a puppy almost." he amended hoping the little boy would feel better. As his husband added his own favorite subjects, neither of which surprised him, he listened aptly as Q answered that his own were math and science which also didn't surprise him considering how much he apparently liked to build with legos. And they'd managed to get another smile out of him which he definitely counted as a win. "Ah you're lucky! I wasn't any good at math until I became an adult and had to use it for almost everything." Wyatt shook his head in mock sadness and slightly real resignation thinking of the paperwork he still had to go over with the goblins waiting on his desk. Damned invoices. He felt a telling tinge of pain coming from his knee, most likely due to his continued crouched position, and winced as he attempted to alleviate it. "Do you mind if I set with you? My knee doesn't always like to behave as it should." he asked Q making sure to get his approval before doing anything.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sit-Circling
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? No one should be hurting

Quinn pondered Wyatt's laughter, but was relieved when the man assured him his friend was indeed not a vampire. In fact, he way hyper like a puppy. That made more sense to the boy, who nodded, satisfied with that analogy. "I like puppies. Never had one before, but they seem nice." He nodded, remembering the time he'd met a stray dog near his house. He tried to get his mama to let him play with the dog, but the woman had been angry at him instead. He still didn't really understand what he'd done wrong...

Milo wanted to tell Quinn that they had dogs he could love, but he didn't want to frighten the boy by being too abrupt. Especially when he seemed to be as skittish as he did. Luckily, once on the topic of school, he seemed to perk back up. So he was good at the two classes Milo had most trouble in. The only thing worse than his math skills was his handwriting, which had yet to improve. Even Wyatt often had to struggle to read the messy notes Milo left about. Not to mention their shopping list, where every third item was downright illegible. Oh well. They'd made it work this long.

Quinn, on the other hand, was trying to figure out what sort of math Wyatt found himself struggling with. He wished could help, but as he was only in year one, he doubted he'd know what to do with grown-up level math. He was about to ask about the math he had when Q noticed Wyatt looking in pain. It seemed Milo did too, because the man reached a hand out to set it on Wyatt's shoulder. When asked about sitting, Quinn nodded rapidly. "Mmm yes. yes, sit. It's not good to be hurting at all." At that, the boy stood up and stepped outside the walls of the castle he was working on and moved to sit in front of the men proper. "We can all sit, see? Together we can sit." He was pretty sure that's how his teacher phrased it, but he never really payed attention during sit-circle reading time. After all, the book they were reading didn't meet his interests at all. He tugged one of his socks up, the striped fabric having bunched around the boy's ankle. He liked socks because they were cozy, but they slid down his skinny legs a lot.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Wyatt had to physically restrain himself from saying something along the lines of "we can fix that" because a, that sounded super creepy outside his mind but also b, it was way too presumptuous to think Quinn would even want to be adopted by them. What's to say there wasn't already another couple who'd become as enamored as they had and were on the waiting list for him. God, was there a list? He should probably ask Luke or Steffi when he saw them next. "We have a few dogs back at our home. They're not puppies anymore but two of them still act like it." he cautiously put out there. He didn't want to seem like he was trying to buy the child with the promise of dogs because Goblin was no temptation when one frequently woke up to his butt in their face like he had.

A brush of pain had him let out a slow releasing breath and send a grateful look at his husband's comforting hand before sending larger smile towards Q as he quickly made way for them all to sit together. The whole scene was so reminiscent of tea parties and play fighting that he felt his breath hitch for a moment or so. Dammit, Milo was going to have the field days of all field days when he finds out later, it was going to take allot out of him to ignore the steady streams of "I told you so's" that would come from this. "Thank you Q, hopefully I can get back up later." Wyatt teased though he was sure if worse came to worse Milo could help him up. The man had certainly done it before when he'd been stubborn about his injury one way or another.

He caught sight of the little boy's adorable striped socks and could actually feel his heart melt at watching him pull them back up his legs. "Ok! We've asked you a bunch of questions, maybe you could ask us one?" he suggested with a comforting grin.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Question time

Quinn looked surprised when Wyatt told him they had dogs at their house. Not puppies, but they were still closer than he'd ever had. He always wanted a dog, but between his parents and now being here, there was no way he'd get a dog. But maybe... maybe Wyatt was trying to adopt him? They'd been the first people to really talk to him before, and he didn't really know how the adoption process worked. Maybe he could ask the guy that worked here about what happened... Milo looked happy too, but his smile was... different than Wyatt's. He looked jittery, perhaps?

Milo was excited by Wyatt's talk of their dogs. Then again, he already knew his husband was planning how to adopt Q. It was fine, because Milo himself had already figured the boy would make the perfect addition to their family. Heck, he even sort of reminded him of Thane. Maybe a little less grumpy, but still... Smart, science-y, and didn't like people? Definitely a little Thane. After Wyatt sat down, Milo set his hand on his husband's knee and watched as Q sat in front of them. "Don't worry, we'll get you back up. I'm not allowed to sign the paperwork, remember?" His words were teasing, though accurate. And he really, really wanted to sign the paperwork and take Quinn home to safety. Admittedly, he still needed to talk to Luke and Steffi, not to mention Dris and Laili. Sure, they'd both agreed to gain a sibling, but he wanted them to meet the sibling before they adopted him.

When asked about asking questions, Quinn perked up. He wanted to ask questions, to find out everything about these guys... but he also wanted to only ask the perfect question. He knew he wasn't supposed to talk about magic, especially when he wasn't sure if he himself was magic, but he wanted to. Maybe he could come up with another question that would satisfy his curiosity. "You said your job has math? What... what do you do? A-at work, I mean." He tilted his head, though not all the way to the side. Maybe he could figure out their personalities a bit better from their jobs.

Milo was excited to hear what questions Quinn would come up with, thinking the imaginative boy would ask some sort of off-the-wall type of question. He was a little surprised by the rather boring question. Their jobs? Uh-oh. They both worked very magic jobs... if Quinn wasn't magic, they could get in huge trouble. "Well... I own a pet store, and Wyatt owns a sports shop." That sounded... admittedly a little vague, but it was better than breaking the Statute of Secrecy and getting poor Quinn a magical mind-wiping. Milo glanced over at Wyatt, hoping he knew what to do. "I like sports... well... a lil bit. I only know one real well." Honestly, Quinn wasn't even sure there were other sports he'd heard of. Maybe football, but he didn't know if that was real or if the kids at school had made it up. After all, it involved feet and a ball... But quidditch was a neat sport, even though he knew for sure he never wanted to play. It was super dangerous and also very high off the ground, which was scary in and of itself.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Wyatt just snorted at his husband's attempt at a joke stating he'd help him back up if only to sign paperwork. Though he was glad the other remembered their original deal or otherwise he would've been coming home every other week to a new baby. He'd thought it was cute with the owls, still kind of does currently even if he does sigh at the new noise levels, but new random baby? Not so cute. He waited patiently for Q to think of a question and when he finally did he cleared his throat awkwardly as he tried to think of an answer. Once again, he was very glad for Milo taking charge toning down their jobs a bit to make it seem less magical so not to break any laws. Wyatt was surprised that Q spoke up saying he liked sports though he only really knew one. He was sure football was a rather popular one in primary, though he wondered if that wasn't all there was to it. Feeling suddenly inspired, he looked around the small room they were in and as luck would have it, a small coloring booklet and some crayons were laid haphazardly on the ground a few feet away. He reached over towards it (maybe doing a wandless accio on the way, just an inch really) then sat back up with a soft grunt waving away any protests Milo might have regarding his knee pain. Quickly, he drew a bare minimum broomstick and would've maybe drawn a quaffle but he didn't want to confuse the boy more if he really didn't know about magic. "So, I have a kind of odd question for you, Q. Does this remind you of the sport you know at all?" Wyatt handed over the picture with a backup plan already in place. It helped there were so many different muggle sports that it wasn't that stretch of an imagination to think there was one involving sweeping.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They are magic!

Quinn watched Wyatt as he reached for the coloring stuff. What was he going to color? The blonde looked over at Milo, who looked equally confused. Oh... so neither knew what was going on. When the crayon seemingly scooted to Wyatt's fingers, Q rubbed his eyes, certain he must be imagining things. It didn't help that he was tired at all. Milo, on the other hand, glanced back at the door. Hopefully they weren't about to get in massive trouble. He didn't look good in grey, anyway. ... Who was he kidding, he could rock those grey stripes.

Milo glanced over his husband's shoulder, eyes widening when he saw what he was drawing. He was about to tell him not to do what he was surely about to do, but Wyatt turned around his picture and asked Quinn if he recognized it. Oh boy. They were headed straight for Azkaban for sure. Maybe Nan could pull some strings to make them a little less dementor-wipe-brain-dead than they otherwise would be. Quinn, on the other hand, puffed up a bit. He nodded, reaching out a hand to take the picture. It looked like a broom, maybe one of the fancy ones he'd seen in one of the magazines his mom always had. "That's... quidditch, right? With brooms and flying and stuff?" His voice was quiet, the boy only taking his eyes off the picture once he was done. "My momma.... says only magic people can play, so you're.... magic, right?" Hopefully his pieces fit together right and he wasn't going to get in trouble. Oh well, Luke could fix it if they weren't.

Milo sighed a huge sigh of relief at the boy's response. So he was magical as well? That made it easier to bring him into a magical home and family. He gently nudged Wyatt, a small grin on his face. Maybe eventually he'd learn to trust his husband's random bursts of bravery (and also mild stupidity). He laid back for a moment, just long enough to close the door a little further and make sure no one else would hear. "That's right, Quinn. We're magic too." He grinned, watching Q's little self-satisfied grin. Maybe this was all destined to work out? "I... don't know if I am. My momma and poppa are... but I never did magic before." Quinn huffed softly, brushing his hair back. He drew his knees to his chest and rested his chin on them, watching the men cautiously. "Did you go to the same school as momma? Um... something... but I can't remember the name."

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Wyatt was immensely relieved they weren't going to have to report themselves to the Ministry for a gut feeling and may or may not have already thought of all the words Milo was possibly going to have with him for putting them through such a scare. "That's exactly right." he reiterated with his husband noticing the slight bit of hope he saw in Q's face. He grinned abashedly at the nudge he was sent already knowing how'd make it up to his husband later while still paying attention to the little boy in front of them. He frowned slightly as Q started to fold into himself at admitting that he hadn't exhibited any magic despite knowing about it and he could already tell this wouldn't be a problem. Even if Q turned out to be a squib he would care and love for him as much as he did the other two. Good Lord, he'd already made his decision hadn't he? Wyatt had already knew but now he really knew that this was the child for them to love. He grinned softly as Q asked about the magical school and if he'd gone to the same as his mother but shook his head. "The school's name is Hogwarts and unfortunately no. I'm originally from America so I went to one of the American schools. Salem's to be exact." Wyatt answered with a slight shrug.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers