Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:11 pm
Any kiddy is school can love like a fool,

"Happiness is like peeing yourself - others may see it, but only you can feel its warmth" - Peter Knipsheild

but hating, my boy, is an art.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:06 pm
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
-V-  

PahnGreen

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:21 pm
This is going to sound stupid, but....

"Hooray for tubular rubber sheathes!" (I meant a water hose, but everyone seemed to think that I meant a condom.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:54 pm
I once had a teacher who said to the class: "I give you discussion work, and all you do is talk!"

He was a grade A idiot...  

Gaiko

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:09 pm
"Spandex is a right not a privilage!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:14 pm
Gaiko
I once had a teacher who said to the class: "I give you discussion work, and all you do is talk!"

He was a grade A idiot...
rofl Ha ha ha teacher who contradict...

Tolero Insomnia

MustangDragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:18 am
"Follow your bliss."

From Joseph Campbell, a professor of comparative religions. It was his final conclusion that all religions and life have in common... if you do the things you love to do, even if you don't get rich you will be happy and a good member of the community.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:38 am
“No one ever choked to death swallowing his pride”

“Temper gets you into trouble. Pride keeps you there.”

“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you.”

And I also have a quote from Vincent Valentine in my signature. I have many quotes I like, but I can't afford to post them all here, it would take too long.

Ximei

Gracious Sage

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:39 am
UtterRejection
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day; to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. "
This was said by Macbeth in the play Macbeth, written by Shakespheare.

That is nice. xP I had to memorize that for a small 10 point assignment in grade nine.

But my favorite quote may be: "We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and all have different colors... but they all exist very nicely in the same box"

Next would come: "Some people are like a Slinky: not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs" lol! I got a t-shirt with this on it, but somehow it disapeared.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 pm
"Does the walker choose the path, or does the path choose the walker?"
-Garth Nix, from the Old Kingdom trilogy

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."
-Oscar Levant

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
-Herm Albright

"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else."
-Mitch Albom, from 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven'

"It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you."
-'Back to the Future part 3'

"It's not about understanding... it's about not giving up!"
-'What Dreams May Come'

"Thought is real. Physical is the illusion. Ironic, huh?"
-Also from 'What Dreams May Come'

"Ich würde nur an einen Gott glauben, der zu tanzen verstünde." Or, in English: "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance."
-Nietsche

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein." In English: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Nietsche

"Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups."
-Nietsche

...Y'know, while I'm at it...Friedrich Nietzsche - Wikiquote  

Novatierrie
Crew

Jirya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:45 pm
When a man eats his words,

that's recycling.

Frank A. Clark

Self delusion is pulling your stomach in when you step on the scales.

Paul Sweeney.

The Difference between Fiction And Reality?

Fiction Has To Make Sense.

Tom Clancy

and my fav of all time...

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that. "

- Goethe, In Philosophy

I think I can live by this.......  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:31 pm
Me and my friend Elyn say "NUMBER BUTTONS!!" xD cause like...our other friend Nick was talkin to us on the phone and I started to push the buttons on the phone and then his friends were like "What is she doing?? 0.o" And he was like "Shes pushin number buttons" XDDDD Smart!!
I think its funny!! >.>...
K?

ChiiHRL

Ralf Jones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 pm
this is from "Inherit the Wind" the play be Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee

BERT: God made Man in His image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the favor.

i think it has something to do with anthropomorphism, or whatever the ancient Greeks did with their gods. I might not have the right word.  

caemin

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:12 pm
"life's not a b***h, she's just sick of being personified."

oh shi-  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games