Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:16 am
Alumet

Her hand squeezed Cahlusi's, eyes closing So many new hatchlings on the sand...And an angry green headed their way. She gently pulled him with her, getting her brother out of the way of the fussing female before she turned her eyes elsewhere. Looking at the dragons was hurting, making her heart ache, making her wonder if this Hatching would go by and leave her without a partner. She put the smile back on her lips, and shifted out of the way, watching the gold comfort the Green. She was such a good sister. She kept checking on all of the other eggs, and making sure her hatchmates were taken care of. It was wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:21 am

Fully the size of a gold egg, the Canary Yellow egg began to rock faster, yet there was a strange wobble to its movement. Something about it didn't seem... quite right. As though it was moving a little too much. A little more than should be possible. Cracks appeared upon its shell, slowly moving their way up, piece by piece. Yet still the dragonet within was not revealed. Perhaps it was not yet ready? Or perhaps the shell was more dense than anticipated.

The High Priestess began to rock, shifting in place slightly, evidently not determined to escape its confines so quickly as had some of the rest. It waited, as it had always waited. Would its time be soon? Or would it remain until all the rest had Impressed?

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 am
DruidTigeress
Revel1984

Chayrel was glad when Cami came over, and gave his remedial study buddy a smile. His eyes turned away from the group when the green dragon seemed to throw a fit, and his brows knit with alarm. Faranth, but the poor thing seemed a handful. Hadn't been the egg that had rolled into the other egg before?

He was glad she didn't seem hurt, for all that she was having a fit. Maybe the little gold would calm her down?

"I think we all missed it," he confessed with a shrug. He shifted his weight, picking up one foot, and then the other, trying to cool them off. It was sharding hot, as hot as some of the mines could get and just as stifling. When Cami had asked about the betting, Chayrel shook his head. "Nah. I dun have marks to spare, 'an bet I'd get 'em all wrong." He didn't like to be wrong, after all, so he certainly wasn't going to take the risk.

~~~
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Cahlusi's heart broke for the poor, upset green. While she was definitely throwing a fit, he could understand. Life wasn't always easy, and sometimes siblings did (occasionally) upset ones plans. He remembered when Alumet and he had the occasional tiff. Hopefully the green would be a bit forgiving, or the rascal blue a little bit contrite, later. Thankfully, the golden sister was offering comfort, just as a good sibling should.

He squeezed Alumet's hand again, standing closer to his sister. The babies numbers were thinning out, and he was rather worried. Still, like his sister, he decided to tap into his confidence. He ran his fingers through his hair, tugged at his still far-too-form-fitting robe, and tried to calm his thoughts. Whatever happen would happen. Sometimes greatness took time to create, right? And Cahlusi knew he only deserved the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:25 am
Meepfur

Indeed we do. he said to Menankith, though he was less inclined to include the others in his rebellion just yet. He had not passed judgement on them. Were they righteous? Could they be trusted? He did not yet know, but he would be watching closely. He would let their actions speak, and judge them fairly on that account.

Riagan smiled when the girl picked up the thread of conversation he'd left dangling. He wasn't too good at starting conversations, but was friendly once you got him going. Basanuth too, crooned happily, pleased his was doing as he'd advised. He wanted them to be good friends. They would need these allies in the future. "Must be genetic!" he laughed, nodding. Her second comment made him frown a little. No suprises really, if he was one of those riders. Most were. He considered himself lucky that he had the kind of parents, both biological and foster parents, that would be proud of him no matter if, or what color, he impressed. He lifted a shoulder slightly, bringing his knife down over a chunk of meat with a satisfy thunk. "Let him be mad then. It's not like anyone can take him away from you now." Whether they liked it or not, no one could change who the dragons chose. "Dragons know best."

So we do. And fear not Mine, we will right these wrongs in time. We will make this into a world we can be proud of. he said, including the brown in the thought as well. Bright idealism bubbled up from within him, with endless hope and excitement for the future. Though festered corruption was seated deeply in it now, the dragon had no doubt that they would be able to root this out together.

Brightening up again, R'gan moved to take her hand, but realized at about the same time what it was covered in. Laughing, he leaned back and settled on a short wave. "Ria- R'gan." he said. "Nice to meet you."

"And this is Basanuth," he said, gesturing to the blue. "Though I imagine he might've mentioned that already to-" Menankith supplied the dragon.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:25 am
Faren's ears twitched some as she heard the eggs splitting out on the field, and she tilted her head. The little pink watermelon was splotched with blue foot, now, and she chuckled.

And antics, SHe could see antics. She didn't really know who the little blue troublemaker was, but she chuckled, anyways. A little green was throwing a fit, another one had strutted in amongst the candidates, and again she felt left out. Oh well, Quikal! Stuff would happen if it was meant to!

She glanced over at Amila and offered her the mug. "I'll share. Doesn't look like you got any." She wore a wide grin. "I don't think it's what they'd give adults, but it does the job a little better than numbweed." Her stance holding the cup was a little awkward, leaning towards her blanket-bound companion, since the arm on her side was out of commission. "I probably don't need much more anyways. I'm already running on bad judgement I'll probably never hear the end of." Despite the ominous statement, she still couldn't help but smile, oblivious to pain between the numbweed and the alcohol.

NovaCracker
Join the boozehound!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 am
Masterharper

DruidTigeress

Mallan chuckled "he's a fine looking fellow that's for sure" he said, eyeing the smaller lad, he seemed work weary and it made Mallan wonder where he'd cone from. Not that he would ever ask. "Yeah, I just wanna see them all safe, you know?" He mused, concerned over that brown that had gotten hurt.

Oh! Look death had hatched and how delicate and how angry Moon was, he made sure to keep out of the way.

He smiled as he heard a voice arrive. "Cami!" He said, beaming. "Surprised you haven't walked off the sands with your dragon yet" he chuckled. "Never been very good at betting, always lose" he added, amused.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:38 am

At long last, from out of the Canary Yellow egg came not one, but two almost perfectly identical dragonets. One was a tiny, delicate Green, and the other was a slightly larger Blue. When they moved, they almost seemed to dance, their steps carefully chosen. The spotlight was or should be on them. They had waited so very long for this chance. Wouldn't the Candidates give them the applause they'd been hoping for? Moving together, although apart, the dragonets began to explore the sands. Where were the ones that they'd been looking for? It seemed that quite a few of the Candidates had already Impressed.

And yet...

The little Green drew away from her brother with an affectionate croon, and made her way over to where Chayrel, Mallan, and Cami stood. Here was the very one! Oh! She was ever so delighted that she'd managed to catch them before someone else could!

Mallanmine! the dragonet cried, Won't you make me something to eat? I'm ever so hungry! He was such a nice boy, surely he would oblige her? She gave a little graceful bow, peeking up at him mischievously, a look of affection coloring her rainbow hued eyes.

Your Xochith has been very patient, surely now is the time!

User Image

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 am
Uridith

Oh oh oh now, sweet little sparkling Star! Mother loves you entirely and utterly, little one! The golden queen mother was absolutely radiant with doting affection for the little green tucked to her side. She understood how daunting this whole thing could be. It was a big choice! The biggest she'd ever make after all, and the most important. You will know. You will feel it inside, like how you knew when you needed to hatch, my sweet wonder. The gold retracted her sheltering wing the first time the green seemed ready to go, but the slow roll of her almost midnight-blue eyes never changed from their fixed point on her, and each time the green balked to run back mother was there to greet and accept her with the same unwavering confidence and warmth.

Why don't you tell me about them? It might help to share what you know you want already. Sometimes my Lestenna talks out loud to no one to help herself think. Or if you like, I can go with you to find them. That offer was greeted with a rather skeptical look from her own rider. It seemed an awful lot of trouble to go through for a green to Lestenna, but Uridith was content to do it if needed. If nothing else it would save the poor little Star a run back each time she felt she needed to refresh herself. The arrival of twin hatchlings on the sands distracted Lestenna enough also that the rider's concerns all but vanished, swarmed over by the relative rarity of the occurrence.

Vitre

Things were really coming to what looked like one big eruption of hatchlings now! Vitre was once again on his feet, gabbering away at Nebbi about every little new hatchling on the sands. A blue! A green! An upside down one too! Things had seemed to go all the way back to happy from the tense place they'd been before with the bronze and brown, and it was much to his preference really. A hatching was a happy day, and now it felt it once more! Of course, green Moon thrashing about and angry that, what, her brother had snagged her shell? That sort of put a damper on things once again for the youngster. "Awww man. Shells! They were all so happy—wait...NEBBI! Look! Twins!!" The Canary Yellow egg's contents had totally distracted him from his upset, and he was literally bouncing on his toes to see them now.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am
Dear one, will you say hello to somebody for me? Ichta tossed another bite of food towards the Blue who had leaned onto his rear legs to snap it up eagerly. He leaned his head against her hip and thrummed eagerly at her - she could feel his joy vibrating through her body. It was wonderful. She felt so adored and it was the strangest sensation. Her. Loved. Tell me who and I will send them whatever words you have for them, mine!. Another small slice of meat was offered and the blue snarfed it up, careful to avoid Ichta's fingers. His name is Cinonth. He's a handsome blue - though not as handsome as you will be when you are grown. Aurinkoth's head whirled to the stands and the ledges above it, seeking out the blue. Several others may have heard him, testing the waters. You? No...is it you? Hello? Hello hello! Hello Cinonth? Cinonth-friend? Ichta says hello! Hello to you! Hello Cinonth-friend! He'd keep trying until he got an answer from someone confirming he'd gotten it right.

Then he'd accept another slice of meat and turn his head back towards the sands where his sister - lovely and green and scared, just like his, huddled up against their mother. Come, come. Yours is there, waiting for you. How could they not love you! It will be well, it will be good! The blue bugle-honked from the Hatchling's table towards the Star green.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 am

Look at them. Look at all of those handsome men, all here to see him, surely? The little Blue dragonet who had erupted from the Canary Yellow egg began to sashay among the male Candidates in what could only be described as a flirtatious manner. He wanted to meet them all, every last one of them! How else could he be sure of his choice? One by one, he moved through the dwindling crowd, peering into faces and slipping by white robes. Hmm, not that one. Maybe this one? He folded his wings onto his back, chirping a greeting to each in turn.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 am
ShinosBee

The green dragon seemed substantially calmer when Uridith gave her such assurance. Her eyes whirled a gentle blue, and she took a moment to think about everything her wise and tender mother said. She hoped she could grow up to do her mother proud, even if she were but a little green.

So it was, she took a calm breath, and let her happiness shine. She could do this. Things were better. Her siblings were happy, everyone was having a good time. Yes, things could and would be fine. She cold hear Aurinkoth and warbled gently in response to his encouragement. Yes, yes okay, all right, maybe now was the time!

She looked up at her mother, all the tenderness and love in the world for the gold. I will try, beloved mother mine. And so, with a deep breath, she started back out onto the Sands.

The little green weaved in and out of the Candidates, pausing now and then to look at one or two, before moving on. She had thought she'd seen hers earlier, but they were no longer there. Hmm. So it was, the little one looked around, and found herself staring longingly at the entrance, or at least at the alcove nearby.

Step by step, she delicately picked her way closer. The Sands were so big, and she was tired, but she didn't mind. But the Candidates kept getting into her way. But oh! Why was hers so far? When the green did spot her beloved, she stopped, sat down, and heaved a small sigh. Oh dear. This wasn't going to do at all.

She knew she was taking her mother from more important things, but... but... If you could . . . just help me get to Mine. I am afraid they are far too busy with important things. Things that are probably more important than me. There was a sadness in her voice and the star's feelings flickered. Was her choice wrong?

No, it couldn't be. That was the one. And she didn't want to be a bother.

~~~

The Moon did seem to calm when her sister appeared. She needed the sympathy, after all. She creeled and cried and nuzzled up against the gold, telling her all about the meanness of stupid blue boys, and their stupid game killing stupidness. Stupid, stupid, stupid. She'd bite him when she saw him, if she had her way. She was going to make such a GRAND entrance and he had ruined it! RUINED IT!!!

~~~

The Magician, for his part, just seemed to laugh, and continue to skirt through the Candidates. When he came up to The Heirophant, he pounced on the egg, and tried hard to help his brother out. That's what brothers did, after all.

The extra weight did seem to help, and the egg crumbled. The surprised Heirophant gave a squeak to find his brother now tangled with him, but that was just as well. At least there was light now, and no more dratted egg keeping him from all the fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 am
Ruhane Chiisai

"More hatchings. It looks like more Impressons, tyoo." Amila noted. "There lookas like a silly dragon taking their time."

She chuckled, then looked to The Star again. Oh, how she wanted to help her! To show her it was alright and well. But she knew that would also upset the others -- dragon and rider and Candidatemaster alike, so she quietly found herself try to mentally encourage the poor tired creature. She needed fed and a good oiling and comfort and she'd never find it in hiding! And on a level she was slightly envious -- Uridith was such a good mother to her childrenh -- so much so Amila was jealous. Just a tiny bit.

But that thought disappeared quickly as she watched the dragonets snuffling about the others. Dragons were so curious. And the baby gold was a very good sister -- it remindede her of a friend back home.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:18 am
Ichta could feel the sudden upsurge of positivity from the blue as he looked out towards his green sister, so lost and worried on the sands - so much like his. Shall I bring them to you, sister? They will be honored and it will be grand! They will love you and they will adore your very being. . Aurinkoth was so certain as he continued to watch the star from the side of his bonded.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Once he was sure Faren was taken care of, Dorianus moved back towards the rest of the candidates. The group he had been standing with had all dispersed, the majority of them having Impressed. He was glad for them, glad they were in good hands and safe, he no longer had to feel like he was babysitting.

Finding a spot among the rabble again, Dorianus let his eyes move out over the rest of the eggs and dragonets. With the two who had been fighting off the sands, things seemed to have calmed down some, though there was a little green currently throwing a tantrum in the middle of candidates. The gold was doing a good job looking out for her siblings and his eyes moved to look at the Star, a soft smile on his lips as he saw her with her mother. Uridith was still being so doting towards all of her children and the little Star seemed to need the most help. He hoped she would find her bonded soon, to help take any of the stress off of her mind.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 am
Uridith

The gold watched with pride as her green daughter finally got herself together and ready. Star might not know it, but she already had made her mother amazingly proud. She had no doubt about it. So when the little green did try, and did her best, but still asked for help, well, how could her mother refuse? The gold slid to her feet with comparative grace, towering over hatchlings and candidates alike. Nonsense. You are the most important thing in their life. They just might not know it yet. The gold delicately stepped over eggs and egg shells and children of both kinds to reach the little green. She lowered her head down down down to rest her chin in the sand. That one, then? I think they're perfect. Come on darling, climb up, and I will take you to them, and no more crowd to bother you.

She had peeked, a bit, perhaps, but the green would be better for it. Once Star clambered up to nestle quietly, sleepily between her mother's headknobs, the gold was off. Over the crowd, circling wide, it almost looked like...no, it WAS that Uridith was...was REMOVING the Star from the hatching sands! Lestenna gawked after the gold, but could only shake her head at the level of indulgence. Around a small wall of stone any new weyrlings feeding their hatchlings would be in for a bit of a shock as a huge golden head, carrying a green hatchling, slid into the weyrling alcove before dropping to rest in the doorway. Here you are, sweet precious Star. Go now. The gold's eyes were radiant as she let the green slip off her snout...  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff