Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm
Martirae - She

Should she have been offended that Be Prepared was turning away after giving her but a moment? Oh, all it had succeeded in doing was amusing her. Marty knew she was many good things - and plenty of bad things - and she didn’t need to hide those on top of walls where nobody could see them. Judge, little egg. Marty was not afraid.

She continued her circle, a gentle touch here, a lingering touch there. It was easy to take small moments to let an egg sift around in that head of hers. Hopefully the sheets over sharper edges to cover them would be enough to keep anybody from getting upset by the contents. Maybe she needed to worry, at some point, that she had such barbs to begin with.

It seemed a small egg in the center of the others had garnered some attention for itself and for a moment, Marty considered passing by with only a small, ginger touch. A moment’s passing. But her hand lingered for longer than she meant it to. Remember Me was a popular little thing, now wasn’t it? I hope it is everything you want and more.

------

Juhvek - He

Well this one was full of life and vigor, now wasn’t it! A smile cracked across the man’s face at how excited this little baby was on everybody’s behalf. It made him think idly of another he’d touched in the other clutch, and he wondered if they would be friends. Maybe they would be a force of nature instead.

It would be something to keep in mind as he continued his circling of the eggs, a lingering touch there, a moment’s pause there, a thoughtful break to allow the babies to snoop and peek and do all of their shopping inside of his skull. Frankly, it wasn’t completely unpleasant.

And once he was done, it was off to the Tiers with him to wait for the rest to be done. It was a shame he hadn’t been able to touch the red egg that was now cradled up next to it’s parents. Alas.

------

Fahn - She

Oh, she didn’t need to be rejuvenated, but she certainly appreciated it giving her some of that good ol’ positive energy! Fahn was all bright smiles and cheer leaving the little egg, offering another pat before moving on. These little babes were fantastic, if she thought so herself, and she paused at each and every egg she could to offer more of her exhaustingly positive energy.

But she couldn’t help but linger at How Far I’ll Go, feeling as though she wanted to simply break free and run. Run as far as her legs would take her. Was that something this little egg wanted to do?
-----

Kinyegele - She

Oh! Her...wishes? Kinye had so many things to share with When You Wish Upon A Star and she was more than happy to let them spill out. She wanted to be a great artist, because she couldn’t sing like her sisters, and she wanted her family to be happy, and she...and she...There was a moment she wavered in all of her feelings.

She wanted a purpose that was unique to her, not something she was born into….or groomed into. Just right then, it was like building her own wings to fly with, without knowing where they’d take her.
-----

Kahbrohm - He

Is that what Avada Kedavra thought? The boy outright laughed, and perhaps it would earn him a few looks. But he’d be only a moment longer, and then he’d leave it before he was forced away.

No, he doubted the dragon in this egg was one that would stop at every wall that was put in it’s way, right? There was a way through or over every one, and even High Reaches couldn’t stop him. No, no dragon would ever find him a hindrance, and no dragon that chose him would ever be a hindrance. Kahbrohm was sure of it - he practically oozed that certainty.

He expected no more back and forth, however, and if left with nothing, he would move on.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm
Andrestia - HR

Andrestia gave the egg a soft smile, humming a faint tune as she leaned a little closer for the Remember Me Egg to hear, it was something her mom used to hum around the house when she mustered up energy to cook. It was only for a minute before she got ready to pull away to let others have their turn. “I don’t know a lot of songs, but I am sure you will one day.”

---------------

Cabhan -- HR

Cabhan grinned, probably the first grinned he had mustered in a while as he looked at the Slytherin Egg, so it had plans to, and ambitions as well it was admirable he had to admit.

“Then let nothing stand in your way of what you want egg.”
------------

Vodex - HR

Vodex didn’t say anything to the egg before drawing his hand away, it didn’t appear it was having any fun with the whole touching ceremony, instead it seemed to be looking for something lingering or hidden away. Moving away he let his attention wonder to a the familiar pink color of the Amortentia Egg, it was easier for him to think of happy things considering the cute hearts that decorated the outside of the shell.

“Hey, are you having any fun, meeting anyone fun?”  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm
Veltanna | She

Veltanna looked at the egg archly. “You can’t expect people to not like other eggs?” She asked before tamping her instinct to prod down. They already had one upset egg. No need to go making another. If it got upset. Still. “I was trying to say hello to you. If you don’t want that, I shall leave you be.” She removed her hand before her thoughts went down the puckish path they so often took.

Seeing as how she really didn’t want another upset egg she chose to step to the side for a little bit. She was wanting to stir up trouble and that was not a good thing. She simply watched for a while. Then once she thought she had gotten to the ‘nice happy time’ place she went and placed a hand on Death Eater Egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Leiheti | She

The opinion of one more egg didn’t phase her. What did it matter if the egg thought she should have had more potential? It was an egg. If it wasn’t hers then she hoped it found the right person. She gave the egg a nod and moved on. No lingering. No negative thought. No this. No that. So many rules to remember and abide by………blah.

She decided to move to the other clutch. She started across the way, minding the rather large blue dragon. The first egg that drew her eye was Be Prepared Egg. Maybe it was because it was alone. Maybe it was because it looked out of place with all the other eggs. Whatever brought her to it first didn’t matter. She was there. The egg was there. Placing her hand on it made sense.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 pm
Daffupanda

Imperio

Oh, Liulfr~ Imperio doesn't have any secrets to keep from you. They are so strong, though it does seem a bit concerned the young man could push people away with that temper of his! Patience isn't for everybody, but Imperio has plenty of it to offer.

Be Our Guest

Oh! Now here is someone who knows about needing things - someone to support her, someone to maybe hide behind. There is so much Be Our Guest can do for Lesleigh and it is practically chomping at the bit to do so! First, though, it offers an encouraging nudge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm
Aroontwa | He

“You will hatch. You have a wonderful mom to watch over you until you do. And help you if you need it.” Aroontwa assured the egg. “Then aaaalllllllllll the exploring! There is so much to explore. I haven’t been to High Reaches before but it seems to have a lot of neat things!” Aroontwa realized he was getting very excited and was starting to linger. But all the eggs were so wonderful and deserved attention. “Don’t you worry.”

But the other clutch deserved attention too! He pranced over to it, nodding to the blue along the way. He stepped around the blue and with a smile at everything placed a hand on Friends on the Other Side Egg.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 pm
The reply she got actually made Shar snort with a little laugh. Well, this egg was a bit dreary, wasn’t it? It took all sorts to fill out a clutch and she was surprised it had taken her six eggs to find one that wasn’t bubbly or level-headed and these types always caught her interest. What would they be like when they hatched?

“I think the good intentions are genuine but you’re right, a lot of it is forced. It’s better than scaring the more tender hearted babies and sending their parents into a fit though. Everyone has to die some day but I’d prefer to live to die in battle if I have a say.” Yes, she was ready for rejection, for death, for whatever the future held. She’s be a pretty shitty Candidate if she wasn’t!

Leaving the egg in peace, Shar noticed one of the eggs had been removed from the sands by its parents. Curious but respectful, Shar decided to head back to the Disney Songs clutch to see how Rizdax and Zamistia we’re getting on. Moving away from the feisty clutch she had just walked among, she headed for the middle of the pack upon her return to the Disney side. She pressed her hand against the Remeber Me Egg, letting her delight at getting tontoucb so many eggs wash over it.

“Hello,” she murmured quietly. “Your siblings seem to be quite content. Are you as well?”  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 pm
Arlie

"I am enjoying it," Arlie said with the slightest of emphasis, less rebellious and more proud. She certainly looked more sure of herself than before the Touching. "And, um...I almost did, but," she was so quick to say but, "b-but, it wasn't from anything bad. Some've the eggs're really nice, that's all." Man, that felt like such a lame description.

She scrunched up her nose at the boop and then answered Imperio. I'm waiting for my sister to Impress. She'd be a really good dragonrider. Arlie, however...she still wondered. But she pat the egg and let it be.

There was no reason she couldn't both stay with Haveli and touch some eggs, right? But as ever, she folded her hands together and waited for her sister to make the first move before deciding.

xhoullow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 pm
Arcadin

Trust power. Indeed, that was something they could agree on.

Arcadin felt time continue to tick by, however, and the mental steps towards what laid beyond those walls, and so he let go of the egg. If it decided to grant him that inescapable bond, then he could trade it for those memories. But for now, he needed to move on.

The image of the tunnelsnake piqued his curiosity, visually speaking. His slender fingers slid along the outer shell. What did Slytherin think about power, then? The egg's decoration brought to mind a coiled creature, poised, alert, calculating. More regal than the animal itself, surely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 am
Elyk - High Reaches

Elyk withdrew his hand immediately from the Avada Kedavra egg at the sneer that it sent his way. I'm sorry that you do not find me worth your while then. Good luck finding someone among the Candidates who are here. He sent back before beating a hasty retreat to appraise its siblings in the other eggs, determined to press on with the Touching without letting this particular setback affect him in an adverse manner.

Placing a hand on the Expecto Patronum egg, he looked at it quietly and decided that he would go with a wait and see attitude with this one this time round instead of jumping to conclusions.

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am
Rizdax

The feeling of yearning that this little egg was experiencing matched his own so well that it almost had him melt into it. Sure he wasn't as brave and strong as this egg believed him to be but he was willing to work as hard as he possibly could to get his goals and that alone had him wonder, if only for a moment, if he could be as strong as an egg might need him to be? "I don't have anyone that relies on me anymore, I'm afraid I wasn't strong enough to protect the ones I cared about the most when I needed to. But that doesn't mean I can't work extra hard to be strong and protect the people I care about now." Riz offered, there was a tinge of sadness in his heart that he forcibly melted, sending only good feelings and a wave of respectful bravery to it. "You're going to hatch and meet your best partner, grow into a strong dragon beside them and work as hard as you can to protect those you love, little one. Bravery and strength come when you're strong enough in heart to stand up for them."

Gently, regretful that he had to move on rather than talk to this baby more, Rizdax patted the striped shell and let go of it so he could look around and take stock of what was around him. Shar had come back to their side, there was a great blue father that was watching Baby Mine, and the egg that seemed to have caused a ruckus in the other clutch of eggs was being tended by it's mother. That meant that it was a good time to go over and take a look at those eggs then, especially since he hadn't met any of them just yet. Slowly making his way over there, casting a glance about and keeping an eye on each Shar, Zamistia and her sister, Cavera, and all his friends on the sands. Each one seemed like they were in a good enough state that he could leave them to their own devices for now.

Mint spread over his tongue and a smile came to his face as he was choosing an egg. Though he wasn't sure if she could hear him, Riz managed to look up through the stands and find the mint colored green that had spoken to him, "Thanks Sahrawith, let R'ose know that I'm really grateful you're both watching her. She's always worried about me."

All the way on the other side of the clutch was an egg with a coloration so bright and bold that he couldn't avoid his desire to reach out and lay a hand on Gryffindor. The personality within was strong to go along with the eager feeling that filled him from the tip of his ears to his toes. While he wasn't sure what it was eager to do, it was definitely desiring to do something and it filled him with an eagerness to meet each little dragon inside each one of these eggs.

"Well you're excited about something aren't you? No one can deny you stand out in both color and personality inside and out of this egg. Are you excited to hatch and meet everyone?" Riz asked, his touch gentle and reserved even though he wanted to chuckle.

SilverLutz

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 am
Farin was startled by the abruptness of the tears that stung his eyes. He hastily bit them back. The last egg had also asked him a question about family, and this second question opened the wound that had been already raw from the first. Though it was painful, he saw no reason to try to hide his secrets from someone who could clearly see them anyway. I… recently made headway with my brother A’myl… but Ay’ril… I don’t know if he’ll ever forgive me. I can take back words, but I can’t give him back our mother.

Just then, Fianth’s burst of soothing feelings washed over him. It was a great relief, but it also weakened his self control. He leaned forward, hanging his head. Though he didn’t press down upon Remember Me’s shell, his thoughts wrapped around the infant dragon in a heartfelt hug, both to comfort, and to be comforted. Let this one… let all of them be safe. Let their mothers and fathers be safe. Let them all find their matches, and be happy. A few hot tears splattered against the pale blue shell.  

Teiha

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:23 am
Zamistia (Her)

Zamistia had heard what her sister had said to the blue dragon and it sunk in that maybe the baby had just needed something from its father. Her sister followed her though, without any arguments, but she began thinking on that. words while she waited on the baby within the egg she was now touching. The thought that she hadn't done anything wrong was further added to when she looked over to where Krahsujunth was with the pink egg. She noticed he was looking at her, not with red eyes, but with blue and green eyes. From the dragons she had been around and her lessons, she knew those were happy colors. She sent a gentle smile to the dragon, letting him know she appreciated that moment pause. To add to that, the egg she was at seemed to have a gentle giggle as it spoke of its father. The little one was right, he was being himself and was looking out for his child. The reassurance that filled her from the egg didn't hurt either, glad to hear she was doing fine.

Thank you...little one. You are correct...your father...is just caring for...your sibling. Just like I keep..an eye out...for those...I care about. I need to..visit more of the others..but your reassurance..was wonderful. I will...look forward to...seeing you...hatch,she thought to the colors of the wind egg, before giving it one last tender pat. She looked to her sister, to squeeze her hand gently, it was very good to watch out for their loved ones. If those two things weren't enough, she felt a sense of pride and affection descend on her from Fianth. It allowed a happy sigh to come from her lips, she felt better once more. She sent a mental thank you to both parents, if they could hear it, she didn't know. She knew it worked with these eggs and dragons she knew, but not with ones she didn't. Her eyes noticed Shar coming back to this clutch, as Riz headed for the other. She would have to get over there herself, but first there was another egg next to this one who called to her.

"I am...just going over...here,"she explained to her sister. Then she placed a gentle hand on A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes. The stars on its shell were so pretty and it reminded her of being outside looking at them.

Your...shell is beautiful. I do hope...this is going...well for you,she thought to the baby gently.

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Thaliawen

ShinosBee
mentally thanking Krah

Uta
mentally thanking Fianth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 am
Taibbi (female/she) - High Reaches Candidate

It took a bit of courage for Taibbi to make herself approach the clutch with a blue dragon crouching lovingly(?) beside one of the eggs. That clutch, she recalled, was the brood of the more moody-seeming gold. On the other hand, Taibbi's eyes grew enormous when she saw Rhianth coming toward the clutch near where Taibbi currently stood, and she nearly swallowed her own tongue when the gold took one of the eggs away with her. Shells. She'd had no idea that a touching could be so fraught with excitement.

It was with a determined face that the young candidate strode toward Fianth's clutch, specifically toward the Friend Like Me Egg. This was an egg she couldn't help but notice when she'd peeked in on the clutches earlier, but now it seemed like an excellent choice: a decent distance from the protective blue, but within easy reach of a number of other eggs so that she could stay in one spot to touch them.

Laying her now very sweaty hands on the egg's purple shell, and thought how nice it was that these eggs' parents and even dragons who weren't, technically, their parents were so loved. She had no idea of the intricacies of the dragons' relationships with one another, not having paid any attention to that sort of thing. Even so, it was good, she told herself firmly, that these eggs were so loved. She tried not to let her own sadness about her mother's complete lack of interest in her surface. There was no way she was going to inflict that on an unhatched dragon.

It sets a good president, she thought, unaware of her malapropism. And high standards. Just like you deserve.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 am
Quote:
Eek, sorry for the delay!

Uta
Mention of Fianth! <3

ShinosBee
Interaction with Krahsujunth. <3

Ruunan and Nyaranau - HR

Nyaranau leaves Friend Like Me before a Touching response was given afaict, sorry!

If humans could spontaneously vanish into thin air without knowing how to disapparate, Ruunan would have made the most earnest attempt. Of course- he couldn’t just hide Between. He was no dragon, no rider.

Instead, he pulled his hand away from the beautiful pink shell, shame filling his body from the tops of his curls to the tips of his toes. Oh. Shells and shards. He’d never live this down. He had somehow managed to upset an egg by being emotional. He’d be disowned. He’d be booted out of the Weyr. They’d stake him out for Thread. Ruun began to tremble, his palms growing sweaty as he stared at the sand, holding back the tears of shame and awfulness that threatened to break what little composure he had left. No. Oh Faranth please no.

But it seemed that Baby Mine’s summons had been answered, for the blue father arrived, stalwart and considerate guardian of the clutch. As he lay down, Ruunan found himself inching backwards slowly. No. He didn’t want to die that day. “I’m so-sorry K-krahs-sujunth…” He began, amazed that he hadn’t muddled the blue’s name in the process, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb your egg. I didn’t mean to worry it, or make it cry. I’m sorry little egg.” He murmured, his voice catching in his throat, barely audible as he still fought the overwhelming desire to cry into his hands once more.

The growing commotion captured Nyara’s attention, her face falling in a moment of panic. Big blue dad and her brother. Oh no. “Sorry little one- it’s been good to meet you. Looking forwards to seeing you on the sands!” She gave the pretty shell a final pat, then moved unerringly towards her sibling.

Poor Ruunan. What pickle of a jam had he gotten himself into? None of the clutchparents seemed angry at him- so maybe whatever happened was just… Ah, now… that was a nice feeling… Fianth’s wave of pride and affection surged over them. Nyara sucked in a deep breath, squared her shoulders, and found her brilliant smile once more. It was nice, being buoyed by a Queen like that. And it was easy to see the benefits it had for Ruunan, too, who lifted his scarlet face from his dog-hanged look of shame.

Closing the distance between them, she wrapped a comforting arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer into her side, fixing her attention on Krahsujunth. “I’m sorry about my brother. He’s got a bit of a soft heart.” She gave a small bow of her head, hoping to convey her respect.

Ruunan said nothing, but his heart didn’t feel quite like breaking as much as it had before. Nyaranau was always there to help out… and these dragons didn’t actually… well… hate him for causing such despair in one of their children. He was grateful, but unable to articulate the feeling.

“I think we’ll go sit down for a bit. Thank you so much for looking after him, and I’m sorry, once more, that he was a concern for you. You have all done so well in guarding this clutch, and I would hate to see any of your children suffer needlessly by our carelessness.” Nyaranau said what Ruunan wished he could have thought of, what he wished he was brave enough to voice.

The older sister led her brother towards the sands and gently pressed on his shoulders, though he was pliant enough to fold like paper. Then, sitting beside him, she gave him a gentle pat on the back in the hopes of reassuring him. At least, from their vantage point in the Stands, he would have no reason to be afraid.

She hoped.

---

Keleres -- Western -- Be Our Guest

Keleres felt a slight flush tinge her cheeks, her heart skipping a beat as memories were brought to the foreground of her mind. Ah… well… life did have a strange way of happening. And people were exciting! All kinds of people. And, certainly, she had met many… “You’ll hopefully meet many people too. There is so much to experience out here.” She smiled, pleased by the egg’s subtle enthusiasm. There was a peculiar kind of beauty in its dreaminess that Keleres had never really encountered amongst people. “You are truly a wonder…” She murmured, stroking the shell.

Fianth’s wash of motherly nurturing reached her, bathing her in warmth and happiness. “Ah… your mother is incredible… I have no doubts that you will be too. Please, be safe when you hatch! And I hope you find your bonded quickly.” With that, she bowed her head once more, and began to move away.

Ah. The blue father had seemed to encircle the eggs quite snuggly. She skirted around him, careful not to fall, then approached Be Our Guest. As she laid her hands on it, her expression turned to one of surprise. “Oh! You remind me a little of Fianth. How delightful!” And with that, she smiled, running her hands down a portion of the shell. “I’m Keleres, from Western. It’s good to meet you.”  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff