Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am
Juhvek

He squeezed Oranie and Elibrie's shoulders again, taking careful stock of what dragonets were getting closer to the candidates and which looked more unhappy to be there. Juhvek had promised to watch after both sisters and while Oranie was keeping the mood light (or as optimistic as she could), he'd stood for too many dragons to not be keeping his eyes peeled.

It made admiring them all easier, such as the two blues that had started a posture-off at each other to try and draw as much attention as they could have. "They're both handsome, aren't they?" he suggested, though his attention soon drifted to the injured green who was trying to make her way away from one of her sisters, apparently.

"She'll find hers and get fixed up, don't you worry," he assured Elibrie for her concern.

Tsunake

Meepfur

----

Papys

Papys sent a fond wave of affection after poor Rose Green, but soon was looking between Purple Glitter blue and Purple Galaxy blue, who both insisted they were the more handsome of the pair.

"You're both quite the sight, though," he agreed, giving neither of them real favor. Which was likely unhelpful for the flaunt-off going on. But it was true. They'd both make some candidates very happy that day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 am
Lelte

The welt on her leg was starting to cause her some discomfort. She was starting to ponder if it was worth it to go to the healer's real quick, just to get some numbweed. But if she did, what if she missed something important? She considered for just a moment, but then she noticed someone waving her over. Perhaps being with others and not by herself, she could ignore the pain, at least long enough to get through.

Hopefully they were waving her over, she would have felt like an idiot if she went over and hadn't been called. She made her way over slowly, careful of her leg. This was fine. She would be fine.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 am
Tyanan

Watching the baby dragons run around and posture and otherwise behave like baby dragons, Tyanan couldn't help but smile a little. They were all so precious, each in their own way. His eyes paused on the tiny green that had been injured, and his smile faltered and he prayed for Faranth's sake that the little one found Hers quickly.

Then the haughty bronze Impressed and Tyanan nearly whooped. A bronze! That really was a good sign for the rest of the Hatching -- a bronze Impressed first! He could only hope that there was a dragonet on the sands for him this time.

~~~~~~
Trude

"Oh, that poor little baby," Trude cooed softly as she watched the adorable little green who had been hurt walk toward the Candidates, her damaged wing dragging behind her. "She's so sweet..." She knew from her training that newly hatched dragonets had little in the way of control and could lash out without meaning to cause harm, but it seemed to her that she was hit intentionally by her sibling. Trying to focus on the task at hand, she steeled herself and concentrated on welcoming one of the hatchlings into her life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:15 am
Sivu - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Delightful! Wonderful! A little darling had found their bonded rider! Sivu would honest to goodness melt if he hasn't to keep them himself himself composed. A strong match! A fine match! He wished nothing but joy to the pair - he'd clap if it wouldn't startle some of the little gems still on the sand. He settled for an encouraging nod their way and his face smitten to all get out.

Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Recognizing the face from lesson who impressed Loctius smiled, and nudged his brother Shoxiel with an elbow as if they couldn't see what was right in front him, ha. First impression, and the pair looking so happy! Without no small amount of pride, loving that the first to impress was from his home weyr.  

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am
Dystzha - She/Her - Western

Though she hovered near Surel, in her cloud of friends she adored, the attention of the first impression caught her -- gaze flitting through the crowd to find where those first rainbow eyes were…. A ha! The bronze who had had such a rude awakening had found His, and she was stunned a bit by the candidate he was leaning against. Her brother. Zhaydegan.

Emotions were hard, and the rush of them for seeing her brother impress was multifaceted. But Zhaydegan had found such a handsome bronze, or rather his bronze had found him, and she can focus on the delight of seeing him walk off the sands with his partner, even as she takes a breath or three to steady herself. She couldn't wait to properly meet him later.

Samuel Carlin
Congrats Bro ;w;

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:27 am
Shalaera - BET TRACKING

First impression had been made, and Shalaera had some bets to update accordingly!

SMERDS:
Brenley would like to bet that a brown hatchling will Impress someone from the stands.
Shalaera counter-bets Brenley that there will be at least two Stands impressions - and one will be the brown.

Rykin would like to bet that all of the blue dragons will Impress female Candidates.
Shalaera counter-bets Rykin that there will be at least 1 lady on a brown

SPOCKAT:
Nona, struck by what she thinks could be luck, bets that more browns will impress to girls than boys.
Shalaera counter-bets Nona that the first brown impression will be to a male candidate.

B'jor, with careful consideration, bets that Etansi will impress this Hatching.
Shalaera counter-bets B'jor that Etansi will impress a green

PRISM:
more Western candidates will impress
Shalaera counter-bets that more than half the baby dragons to impress Western Candidates will choose boys.
the last green to impress goes to a girl
Shalaera counter-bets that the last girl to impress will not impress a green

FAE:
T’tain bets that the 14th egg to hatch will be a blue
Shalaera is counter-betting that the blue in T'tain's bet will be 31-33' at its adult size
Remdianori bets that Rasthell impresses a brown.
Shalaera counter-bets that the brown Rasthell impresses will be SMALLER than the average size listed on the front page

(BONUS FOR FUNSIES BET, NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES:
W’res bets that there will be at least 6 greens.
Shalaera counter-bets that AT LEAST 2/3rds of the greens will impress to girls - and should the greens not divide into 2/3rds evenly, it'll have to round up! (AKA be more than 2/3rds))

Feylin:
a blue dragon will be among the first three to Impress.
Shalaera counter-bets T'of that if a blue DOES impress in the first 3 impressions, it will have hatched from the 5th or 6th egg.

TATTER:
So first bet is three bronzes total - 2/3
All three bronzes in Z'haq's first bet will be larger than 40' - 1/3
second bet is one of the bronzes will go to High Reaches
At least 3/4ths (a majority) of the bronzes will choose Western Candidates

SHADDA:
Odellet bet there will be a queen among the clutch. - WIN
Shalaera is counter-betting that any Gold in this clutch will hatch from 11th thru last egg to Hatch. - LOSS, GOLD HATCHED 9th
Wen thinks there will be at least two browns with one impressing a girl.
Shalaera is counter-betting that if a brown does impress a female candidate, it will be one from High Reaches (and not a High Reaches Standidate. Candidate proper.)

SAM:
the first and last dragons hatched would be blues - LOSS, FIRST WAS A BRONZE
Shalaera counterbets that the first blue to impress will pick a boy and the last blue to impress will pick a girl
The first one to Impress this time around will be someone not born to a Weyr - LOSS, FIRST WAS WEYRBORN
Shalaera counterbets the first to impress will be a Western Weyr candidate - Win!

SYMM:
T'rik bets that of female Impressions, more will come from Western.
Shalaera bets that the first lady to impress will be an HR Candidate.

Qiana bets there will be a set of twin dragons in this clutch: blue and green.
Shalaera bets that if there are twins, they'll impress candidates (or standidates) from different places - if a standidate is from a Weyr, that counts as the Weyr so an HR candidate and an HR Standidate, for example, wouldn't count)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am
User Image

Oh, this was dreadfully difficult! Rose was trying so hard to find her Candidate, but... but... where were they? Peering up into the faces of the Candidates nearest her, she realized that this wasn't right. And... come to think of it, hadn't she noted some familiar thoughts? Someone who needed love and devotion just as surely as did Rose?

My Rasthell, please come and get your Triesteth. I'm so very tired, and my wing hurts. Please? If it's not too much trouble, that is. I... I'm sorry, I meant to find you, but you're so far away, and my sister is angry.

And Triesteth needed Rasthell. Her poor wing was useless, and it hurt every time she moved. So the baby sat down and waited, eyes whirling with rainbow hues. She was trying, but trying was becoming increasingly difficult. The more she moved, the more her wing pained her. But surely Rasthell might understand?

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 am
Zhaydegan

He hadn't meant it as a prediction, honestly. Well. Not a prediction about himself. He'd hoped, of course, but he wasn't trying to brag or convince. When the bronze he'd pointed out headed toward him and Savindri, Zhaydegan was prepared to admire him in passing, because he deserved it.

But he stopped.

And pushed Savindri out of the way.

And before Zhaydegan could object, or worry, there was a voice in his mind and the world disappeared into the rainbow-gaze of a bronze dragon.

"I. Um." How profound. Was that all he was going to get out? Zhaydegan swallowed hard, struggling for more words, then gave up as the only answer he could possibly give came out. "Of course. Of course. We're going right now. Only the best. Only ever the best."

Then the pair were headed off the Sands and toward the tables, to wait for the other new pairs.

Meepfur
He'll see you later, Savindri!

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:47 am
Dipsi - Candidate- Western weyr

A. DRAGON.JUST.TOUCHED.HER.

A tingle ran through her arm and bloomed in her chest as pure joy. She did not care if the baby was just showing off. She was thrilled that he had chosen just to touch her. Even if she didn't impress standing on the hot sands was totally worth it for this moment alone. "Oh you are perfect." She gushed.

"I would love to have you model for me and draw you in all your beautiful colours. Maybe we can arrange it after you find yours." She told the blue. She was aware that the fellow purple egg blue was also seeking attention but she could not ignore the dragon directly infront of her.

However her eyes were drawn away when the first impressions happened, one after another in quick secession and thankfully the poor little injured green was one of them, "Oh good, now that poor thing can get to a healer."

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

"You're on," Z'haq grinned and held out his hand for En'cai to shake, sealing the bet. No sooner had the two men clasped hands than the first Impression was made -- and it wasn't a girl, it was one of the two bronzes, the bolder one, who Impressed first.

"Whoop!" The Flightleader pumped his fist in the air. "That's an excellent sign! A bronze Impressing first!" Turning his gaze to En'cai, he shrugged. "Can't win 'em all, my friend," he said, but he didn't hold out his hand to collect on the wager. "Keep your mark. I'm ---"

Then the little wounded green Impressed, and Z'haq let out another whoop. "Oh thank Faranth! I was afraid poor Rasthell would never Impress!" Now the green could get her wing looked at properly by one of the dragonhealers. He hoped it wasn't so bad that she would be grounded for life.

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 pm
Ollandin

Ollandin pounded his brother's shoulders lightly with both fists as the Impressions began, and more specifically, when the little injured green found hers. "See? She knew what she was doing. She'll be able to get help now, and she has someone to look after her. She'll be fine." Which was a relief. "Who's next?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:44 pm
[ candidate lyfrocier ] - he/him - western

"It's--not what I expected either, to say the least." Lyf gave a wry smile, although it quickly turned into a grimace when a fresh wave of heat from the sand practically slammed into him. "I do wish I had a bit more insulation, though. The ground is. Rather warm."
His voice didn't waver in spite of the angry Green's continued displeasure, although he was a bit quieter this time around. He couldn't be sure if she'd listen to him, but he certainly didn't want to provide the last straw for the dragonet's temper either way. Lyfrocier would remain stalwart, if not slightly overcooked.

Sablie had thought quickly, bringing over a few more Candidates for the Green Pink Striped Green to sort through--he'd have to thank her for that later. Giving her more people to survey might distract her from doing something that might get Lyfrocier mauled, and he wasn't going to complain about it. With any luck, there wouldn't be blood on the sand over here any time soon.

Dea and #Teddy#

------

[ candidate alisaide ] - they/he - high reaches

Alisaide couldn't possibly begin to believe their luck--the Gold herself had noticed the two of them, and now they were actually getting to touch her! A baby Queen! This was-- This was absolutely incredible! They shot Eliaza a stunned look before they reached out to the Gold, awe and excitement clear on their face at the mere idea of what they were getting to do.
"I'm having an even better time now!" Alisaide laughed, completely starstruck by their guest. Someone was going to be a very lucky Goldrider indeed, with this Queen out on the Sands. "Thank you so much for--for coming over here. I never thought I'd get this close to a Queen!"
Samuel Carlin

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

She tried to not smirk back at Vimeran, simply shrugging at the look. The queen was boisterous and knew what she wanted… and part of Niviora could relate to that. But only the queen would know who she was beset to, and Niviora didn't want to let her mind swing into either covetous or dismissive territory. She was a gold of Western, a queen of Pern, and she would get Niviora's quiet respect and admiration.

"Looks like first bronze found his," She nods to the pair, a mild delight at watching Zhaydegan walk off the sands. A Westerner, ha. No doubt there would be some marks exchanged for that, but he was strong and healthy. "First impression always starts it." Soon it would cascade, but for now, content.

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

There's a quick flash of her hand, to wipe away moisture that had collected, before she clears her throat and her eyes dart to find something, anything to talk about. "Looks like the gold's out and about." With such a boisterous start, she could only imagine what the little golden beauty might look for in a partner. And…

"Oh, Surel, look," She nods over to the little injured green, to the shine of rainbows in her eyes. "I think she impressed, she can get help now." Good, good. She had been worried…

---

Shoxiel - He/His - Western

Though his gaze flittered between each of the hatchlings out on the sands, there's a brief moment he glances at Green Tribal bronze that he spies those rainbow eyes looking up at a fellow candidate. At Loctius' nudge, he hums softly, before spying the rainbows in the injured green's eyes. "Looks like she's found Hers, too." Good, with that injury, there had been a prickle of worry nettling...

---

Iskernyk - He/His - Unaffiliated Standidate

He realized with a start that he'd been leaning forward, the hand on his knee a warm weight to bring him back to reality, as he'd been enraptured in such sweet babies. Or, some sweet, some vivacious -- that gold certainly made her presence known, and that poor darling green getting her wing torn up…

"Sir and Madam are lovely, even if they're likely causing trouble. You're assuming one even looks up here at me, T'sar." He gives a derisive snort, but there's no weight behind it. Truthfully, if a dragon looked up here…. But they likely wouldn't. No search rider ever batted an eye at him (unless it was for more than less innocent reasons), and yet he can't deny how similar his and his friend match. But while Adarith had found him, Iskernyk wouldn't be so lucky. And that was… okay, he supposed. He got to admire such beautiful babies, be in good company. What more could he ask for?

"Oh, did I tell either of you? Think you asked, K'ent, but -- found out I had a brother! Technically two, but one's supposedly died, unfortunately. But I got to meet the other! He's a candidate up in High Reaches." There's a beam of pride, even as the pair of firelizards popped from between in front of him. The green Madam made herself quite at home, daintily sitting on Isk's shoulders while the fat brown Sir flopped on his lap for belly scritches, which were immediately given. Spoilt baby.

Spockat

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:40 pm
Papys

Two of the baby dragons had made their choices and Papys couldn't have been happier for them, grinning widely (as though he ever looked anything but like pure enthusiastic smiling). "Good! Good!" he said, as though he had anything to do with any of it. But just because it wasn't for him, didn't make it any less good, right?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Odellet -Western weyr- she/her

"I almost thought he would be a queen the way he was so assured and pleased with himself and he is just so perfect isn't he?" Odd replied, enjoying the show boating blue as he put on a show.

Actually there was a lot of hatchlings out now. She looked over the sands, noticing one, two, three..seven, hmm, ooh and then a gold hatched and she was just beautiful. Wait... yeah, that was a lot of dragons. "So many hatchlings out at once." She muttered.

"Ohh was that an impression?" Maybe? It was sort of hard to tell but it looked like one.. no maybe two of the boys were walking away with hatchlings now.

tatterpixie
Trude

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games