Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:01 pm
W-Wait for me! the Sunshine blue cried, and... no, he was too late. His sister had Impressed, and the entourage had taken off without him. Sitting back on his haunches in dismay, the baby peered out at the Candidates. ... No, he was still too nervous traveling on his own. Shutting his eyes tight, he dashed toward where he thought his golden sisters and bronze brother ought to be - and nearly ran right into Lelte. Oh, oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! he creeled, eyes whirling between yellow and blue. Oh, oh dear! Maybe there was still a little room for him with the rest, though. He ran back to where the 90s Picture Day green girl had settled at the rear, taking his place at last.

dawns_aura
Uta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 pm
Her squeals were just exactly what he'd wanted, her adoration, her delight. Black Cat brown was all but glowing from her praises. Aaaah it was exactly what he'd wanted. Yes yes, he soaked it all in and brushed up against her side gently, only to pull away and glance at her over his shoulder dramatically. You my dear, are destined for greatness. It's coming. His tail lashed with a bit of regret as he had to leave her, but there were so many that he needed to see, so many candidates so little time and all that.

Plus there was what was about to occur. Yes, Kinyegele, she had a pair of eyes on her.

---

In fact he had been accurate, maybe for once her brother had noticed something other than himself. Either way little Avocado green didn't care, she'd been patient when he'd gone to show off, sitting calmly to the side and acting as though she were looking around at those nearby, but she was patient no longer.

She wouldn't be part of the entourage that was currently walking around the sands and her hearts were still aching just a bit. This would be something to learn from but she didn't have to do it alone.

And she wouldn't!

KinyegeleMine, I'm sorry I'm not as loud as my brother but your Metisoth wants none else but you. You are a perfect rider, just not for my brother. Her eyes shown brilliant colors up at Her one and only, her hearts aching still from the words of her metallic siblings, at their insinuations. Gently she leaned her head into Kinyegele's hand, the same one her brother had booped, and moved so that her nose pressed into the warm hand and moved until it rested at the base of her headknobs.

Love radiated from her.

User Image

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 pm
Weyrling Nalacko - HR, she/her Impression Post
The shiny procession calmly made their way through the candidates until eventually the bronze peeled away and went towards one particular boy. Nala was watching the sands when she felt someone come up and lean gently against her. Without thinking about it, the teen leaned back. For a moment thinking it was one of the girls she was standing with.

It was a girl, but not the one she thought. They're all so lovely, aren't they? Nala gave a nod, “yes, they….” She looked down as the tiny green looked up. But no one is more perfect than you, my Nalacko. I'm sorry it took your Feidemeth so long to come to you...

It took a moment to sink in. The rainbow eyes, the love pouring from the pale green, from Feidemeth. Nala felt the tears well up in her eyes even as she reached a hand down to the pale head. “No no, it’s alright Feidemeth. I would have waited forever for you.” She wasn’t going to be left alone on the Sands this Hatching. She wasn’t going to be the last one from her group.

Nala looked up as Lojze came back over. “Thank you Lojze! I…. I don’t know what to say.” An encouraging croon came from the green. Nalackomine, I hate to bother you, but I am very hungry. She looked down and nodded. “We’ll go. Good luck Lojze! Try not to annoy any more dragons.” She smiled at Zelaya and Suyua. “Good luck!” Side by side the pair moved off the hot sands.

tatterpixie
Lojze

ShinosBee
Zelaya

Hattaki
Suyua

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:12 pm
The Corn Egg chose at that moment to give a half-hearted twitch. Meh...  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:19 pm
Rider Ly’bur/ Brown Hinburath
Bah! The rider snorted with disgust. Only a lowly green. Well. What did you expect? Ly’bur rolled his eyes at the brown. He knew what he’d expected. There was nothing exciting about….. that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm
Vannek

Now this was what he had assumed a hatching would be. Maybe not the shiny parade part, but the searching, the snuffling, the happy swirling eyes. Vannek smiled to himself as the little Avocado green—so understanding and forgiving when he'd met her in the egg—found hers. He looked to her siblings with encouragement, genuinely hoping that those that remained found theirs without issue.

Smerdle

Scamp

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm
With her sister gone off to join the party, and her other clutchmates finding Theirs, little 90s Picture Day Green was now well and truly alone. And oh, how the little thing absolutely hated to be alone.

There was still something not...quite....right, and she was determined to find it.

She did not mind that her twin or her golden sisters were having a show of things. It was their right, and she truly wanted them happy. But perhaps things would be better if she found Hers.

It was a very hard thing, to be a little green in a very big world. Now that the moment was here, the little green began to feel a new sort of pressure. She had not, perhaps, put her best foot forward out of the egg. Everything she had dreamed of, imagined, and hoped this day might be had rather fallen to pieces. Oh, it wasn't her siblings fault--but none of the Candidates seemed very happy, and she hardly knew what to do. Her feelings were just... a mess...

Would Hers even want her?

There was only one way to find out.

I love you... Might you love me, too? I... I know I am not as splendorous like your Father's, nor is he my Sire. I have, perhaps, not made as good a first impression as I would have preferred, but please know... I love you. I knew it was you from within the egg, and had wanted so badly for you to stay... Please don't leave me alone, lest my poor hearts burst from grief. The little dragon finally made her way up to the boy that was meant to be Hers--if he might love her, too. DehkaMine, your Lufianth is so sorry this didn't go the way it should have.

With rainbow eyes, all the overwhelming love and feeling was poured fully into the man. Lufianth was, and would always be, His, if he'd let her. And maybe, just maybe, they could finally get him to a Healers.

User Image

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Lelte, She/Her. HR
It was always amazing to hear the voice of dragonets, and to hear the queen acknowledge her before moving on was both amazing, but also broke her heart just a little. All she managed to hear was once again that she wasn’t good enough.

But the hurt she felt was neither here nor there at the moment. She wasn’t here for herself, at least, not just for herself. She was here for them, so that was what she would focus on. She could fall apart later. She knew she could count on her brother and Cordeth. They would make everything better.

Being run into by the little sunshine blue didn’t phase her much, she might have swayed and started to lose her balance a little, but was quickly righted. It’s alright, no harm done. She only hoped that the baby was ok. She gave him a bright smile as he scampered off to join the others. If it wavered at all around the edges, well, it was only for a second.

Seeing as how even when she tried to stay out of the way, she managed to get into some sort of trouble, perhaps she should move closer. Since it seemed like it wasn’t too dangerous at the moment, she moved further onto the sands.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Stretching out to all his glorious length, Black Cat brown weighed his options and peered about on the sands until he spotted Vannek. Yes, that had been another voice he'd heard once he'd hatched and the brown's happily glowing eyes peered straight at the candidate before striking a pose. Soak it in! He was now in the presence of Pern's most perfect brown.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:41 pm
A faint hint of grey entered the No. 2 Pencil II's eyes as she observed her little sister's utter dismay. Dear little 90s Picture Day green seemed ever so distraught! That would never do. But just as the queen was about to put in a kind word, the darling creature found Hers. My dear sisters and brothers, have your found anyone that you like? Still scanning the Sands for the one she'd noticed before, the queen gave a soft sigh. Ah, where was Hers? She couldn't quite determine where she'd felt that familiar sensation. In what direction must she go? For now, she was quite content to follow along where her sister might tend.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:42 pm
Elibrie and Blue Kesucianth

Kesucianth held His close and let her pour out all her pain, all the hurt and anger and did not judge it, in spite of where it was aimed. She was, perhaps, not exactly the same young woman he had felt among the crowd as he had waited to hatch, but if that was anyone's fault, it was his own for waiting so long to break his shell and come for her. Though he could never have spared her friend his injury, perhaps he could at least have spared her being witness to it. But at the time, he had done what he thought was best, and waited so as not to steal space or spotlight from those who deserved it more than he. And if he had to bear this question, this guilt, for the rest of his days, then so be it. That first angry push had nearly sent him away, forever, but she had wavered and let him in, unconscious though the decision might have been.

It had been enough, but oh, there was such hurt here, broken trust and faith in what-would-be, and the baby blue did his very best to soothe and mend it - not as though it had never been, as the wound ran too deep to simply be erased, but he would do what he could. She might not entirely be the same innocent girl he had set his hearts on at the start, but that was not her fault, and how could he love her any less? Though she had agreed to all the ugly things that might happen when she had stepped onto the Sands, she hadn't caused or asked for things to happen as they had.

He understood...in perhaps every way but one, but that could come with time. Which moved remained to be seen, but he would not push her now. When she began to feel less frantic, less fractured, he crooned softly to her and her sister both. We have stayed as long as I dare. I am sorry, ElibrieMine, but you must get up. I know it does not feel like it, but it is time.

While she had cried herself out of tears, the sobs had taken awhile to subside, but Kesucianth was right - and potentially unsafe for Oranie, so Elibrie eventually, with her bonded's help pulled herself to her feet. "I- I don't want to leave you," she said despairingly, voice hushed and rough with tears. Her sister would be all alone out here on the Sands, and she hated the thought, but...she had no choice. None of this was how it was supposed to be, not beautiful or happy, it was all wrong and that was one more thing that hurt. "But I'll see you soon. I love you."

She pulled her beloved sister in to hug her, and Kesucianth very gently nuzzled Oranie's hand. After a moment, he said, He is alive. That much I know.

He could surmise no more than that, but he hoped it would be a comfort. And though it pained him to do it, he would eventually guide her away from Oranie and off the Sands.
Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Vannek

Soak it in? Why, yes, he would.

Vannek grinned at the posing brown, sending him a mental thumbs up for his excellent form.

Hattaki
slay, son

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:49 pm
He hadn't been noticed.

Here he was, wasting away to absolutely nothing and his hadn't even spared Funfetti Blue a sympathetic glance. While that would have been all good from anybody else, this was an instance that required a little more effort.

Mine. Can't you see me? the blue implored as he rolled over to his other side just to make sure his display of starvation was a little more obvious. He waited again to see if Vannek was looking, but his eyes were on a brown brother and right then he didn't particularly want to share.

So he rose to his feet and made his way over to the young man and threw himself down into a pathetic pile at his feet to try again. My Vannek, please don't let your Nimiseth fade here. I was looking so hard for you I fear any longer without food and I may simply cease to be.

This time, rainbows would color his appeal - sure that would do the trick?

User Image

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:53 pm
A trumpet of joy left him as his brother flopped down before his chosen, the man who'd been all eyes on him just before. Yes Black Cat brown could share, he wasn't cruel. Gently he reached down and booped his brother on the head before standing smoothly and strutting off to peer about at the candidates once more. There was something itching in the back of his mind and as his eyes scanned about for his adoring fans he couldn't figure out how to scratch it... Hmmm..

Smerdle
Boops for sweet bro!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:03 pm
They were a feisty lot, and maybe they should step up so the bronzes could take their pick. Gathering his courage, he was about to suggest that perhaps all three of them should step forward when he heard a voice in his mind.

I love you...

Dehka felt his heart stop.

I... I know I am not as splendorous like your Father's, nor is he my Sire. I have, perhaps, not made as good a first impression as I would have preferred, but please know... I love you.

He could feel an almost frantic feeling in his chest, whipping around as desperately searched for the voice.

I knew it was you from within the egg, and had wanted so badly for you to stay.... Please don't leave me alone, lest my poor hearts burst from grief. And she managed to cross the sands, staring up at him with the biggest, most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. DehkaMine, your Lufianth is so sorry this didn't go the way it should have. Rainbows danced across her multi-faceted gaze, and Lufianth let all the love pour from her, wrapping around her rider.

The vision of the most perfect dragon on Pern began to blur from the tears filling his eyes. She loved him--he could feel it so strongly, like a fire in his chest--and how could she think that he would ever leave her side? His knees hit the sands as he carefully drew his tiny, flawless Lufianth into his arms, sobbing against her soft hide.

He'd been so afraid that he would never find her. She washed away all his fears and concerns about being unable to measure up, replacing them with her love and the utmost trust. "Of course I love you," He managed to choke out, laughing until his breath caught on another sob. "I'll always love you, no matter what!"

Lufianth could only croon with joy, trying to curl her neck, tail, and wings around the young man as best she could. In doing so, she felt his discomfort, and drew back with a yellow-eyed cheep. Mine!

"It's okay!" He reassured her hastily, and with a grunt, got to his feet with the dragonet in his arms. She was perfectly capable of walking, but he didn't want to let her go. "I'll let the Healers look at me right now, okay?" Which would probably mean having to put her down... but he'd deal with that when he got there. For now, with her pressed against him as they made their way across the sands, Dehka didn't think life could be any more perfect.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff