Candymen dance
With sugar induced trance
for there truely is no room for
cynical dreamers in candy land

Not today

Joey Go!

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:00 pm
"Woo hooooooo!" Puck shrieked as she did a backflip off the back porch, swinging her knife as she went.

Her boy scrambled through the support beams to catch up with her, just narrowly avoiding falling on his own knife as he landed on the ground. "Puck! Where are we going?"

She danced in the grass that came up to her waist, laughing her high-pitched laugh. "We're off to slay a dragon, boy! Follow me!" With inhuman speed, she ran toward the woods behind his house.

"Dragon?" He ran after her. "But I thought there was no such thing as dragons!"

"Listen to yourself, boy," she called down from a treebranch where she waited for him to catch up. "I'm really enough, aren't I? So why can't dragons be real too? Honestly."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:00 pm
write more! <.< >.> or the clowns will come  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:02 pm
Sanzoskitsune
write more! <.< >.> or the clowns will come
Nuu! Not the clowns! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 pm
then write more, I see the clowns at the street corner HURRY!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:08 pm
Sanzoskitsune
then write more, I see the clowns at the street corner HURRY!
*whimpers and brainstorms next section*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:13 pm
HURRY! they have sharp teeth and balloon animals!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:38 pm
I'm thinking of taking a sad/twisted turn with the story.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:48 pm
haha no one understood my poem
probobly

Joey Go!

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:02 pm
A little bit of free time, a strange idea, and look what you get! Your very first short story!
Quote:

Skit

“Hey, buddy, you awake?” asked Matt.

He could just barely see the outline of his partner’s body sitting criss-crossed on the far end of their cell, head drooped and eyes closed. Black and white-striped prison garbs hanging from his medium-built frame and mousy stubble growing on his chin, he looked quite the part of a bedraggled criminal. Skit glanced up then smiled widely, nodding his head a bit in response. It was an all-too familiar expression, but that was to be expected. After spending year after year imprisoned with nobody but your accomplice in crime, everything was familiar. No matter the amount of interrogation they were put under, or the mind games the law had played on them, both criminals had remained stubbornly loyal to one another, refusing to part with their secrets. Matt felt quite content sitting in his comfortable cell with naught but Skit for company anyways. As far as he was concerned, his soft-spoken friend was all the social interaction he needed, and free food and shelter wasn’t bad either.

“Hey, Skitz, lend a hand here, will ya?” he implored, scooting closer. “Something itches terribly back between my shoulder blades. Could you get it?”

Skit shook his head while putting his hands behind his back.

“Look, I know you don’t like touching people, but this is really driving me crazy! I’d get it myself, but all things considered…”

He shook his torso for emphasis, allowing the buckles on his jacket to jingle against one another. How those iron loops vexed him, binding him considerably more stoically than a boa constrictor. At the very least, those damned feds had kept their jackets off Skit when they were captured. Truth was, he gladly trailed after Matt without restraint or urging. Yep, Skit was one of the greatest friends a man could’ve asked for. He had plenty of opportunities to turn tail and leave his partner when the agents came to capture them, but did he? No.

Matt beamed with pride at him and shrugged. It was just a little itch. Who was he to ask his companion to do something so out of his comfort zone? He flopped over on his side then pressed his face against the soft floor. One of the nice things about his cell was that every surface doubled as a bed, the stark white cushions padded onto every surface always a welcome feeling when his jacket bothered him most. It was strange how much he was being pampered, but Matt supposed that he deserved special treatment, since the police still wanted information from him.
As if on cue, clicking sounds could be heard from the doorway as the numerous locks to his cell were undone. In stepped two beefy agents, both of them clad completely in white scrubs like hospital nurses. Cracking jokes every now and then to Skit about how such big men were dressed like pansies, Matt ritually poked fun at the ridiculous uniforms every time the feds left.

“Time for your meds,” one of the men trilled, presenting a plastic box from behind his back.

Matt shot him the coldest of glares he could muster while jutting out his chin. “Another truth serum today? What dirty tricks you people play!”
One of the agents rubbed his forehead, the other rolling his eyes and replying, “Yeah, truth serum. Now hold still, Pete. This’ll only take a second.”

The criminal leaned against the nearest wall and rose to his feet as best as he could. “My name is Matthew! Stop calling me Pete!”

One of the feds picked him up as if he were a doll, while the other one wheeled in a gurney. Shortly after the feds had entered the room, Skit had scurried into a corner of the room, his lip curled and eyes narrowed. Matt could tell that he was secretly conjuring up a number of sour insults to shoot at their captivators.

With a gentleness uncanny for a man of his size, the fed holding Matt slowly lowered him onto the gurney’s iron surface, passing cords through the loops of his jacket and fastening him down. While he was doing so, his partner filled a syringe with a clear liquid and checked the measurement.
“You’ll never know where the money is! And Skit won’t tell either! Our lips are sealed, and we’ve thrown away the key!” Matt blurted as he eyeballed the metallic needlepoint.

The agent holding the syringe loomed over him, smiling gently like a mother might smile at her baby. “Yes yes, we know, Pete. You and Skit went on all kinds of adventures, stealing money from Oprah’s house and hiding away in Mexico. But now, it’s time to sleep.”

Matt’s mouth stretched into a scowl. He’d called him Pete again, and he could hear the slightest hint of mockery in the fed’s voice.

“Listen here, government swine, I-“

Before he even knew what was happening, his eyelids began to fall and his muscles went numb.

“Don’t…..don’t hurt…..Skitz…”

The agent smiled down at him, packing the syringe away once more in its plastic case.

“No worries, Pete. We can’t.”

The style is SUPPOSED to be simplistic and in disarray, as it is being told from Matt's perspective. Also, in case you didn't discover the reason for Skit's name, it's a little reference to schizophrenia. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:42 pm
Okay, as a note these lyrics have almost nothing to do with me. It's really about one of my characters and it was written from her viewpoint.

Quote:
I'm still falling down the rabbit hole and I've got nothing with me
Perhaps I'll never stop
Never see anyone again
I've got no help no clues to guide me

Whizzing past i see my life
Yet in it there are no smiles
No clues no hints
No cheshire cat

What now I've stopped and what is this
a door but what could it lead to
More lies and deciet I suppose
I'm so confused but you can't see

I feel like Alice but where;s my cheshire cat
I'm drowning in the pool of tears
But there's no smile hanging in the air
Nothing to grab at

These tears were never shed
but I know that they are mine
the doorknob won't open and I can't get through
I'm drowning with nothing to grab at

Lies and deciet are all I've ever heard
no truth has ever reached my ears
Crossing this river won't make me queen
Why would I believe such a foolish thing

This game of chess called life is a waste
I've no guide to help me through

I feel like Alice but where;s my cheshire cat
I'm drowning in the pool of tears
But there's no smile hanging in the air
Nothing to grab at

No hints no clues
No smiles no riddles
where's my cheshire cat

These tears were never shed
but I know that they are mine
the doorknob won't open and I can't get through
I'm drowning with nothing to grab at
Where's my cheshire cat

I'm lost without a path to follow
I've no direction
Nothing to show me where

I'm left to wander in the dark
Waiting for it to swallow me
There is no light waiting for me
Not even a cheshire cat

Yes, Slim, I finally finished it.  

Celestial Burden

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:54 pm
Meh. I'm kinda bored...

Twenty cheery presents sit under the tree,
Nineteen friends' letters are adressed to me,
Eighteen hours of paper, tape, and bows,
Seventeen minutes before my weary eyes close.

Sixteen cups of cocoa in my system,
Fifteen inches of screen again,
Fourteen years ago was may first Christmas,
Thirteen lines, I may yet finish this.

Twelve days of happiness and joy,
Eleven donated LEGO toys,
Ten minutes to eat a wonderful pear,
Nine minutes til I get done here.

Eight days til Chreighton pep band,
Seven ways to hurt your hand,
Six visitors coming for the holidays,
Five....