Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm
Mmm, yes, I suppose having a job is what makes it easier for me to get money.. xD

If only you could get a USBank checking account AND a BofA savings account. razz

EDIT: Bye Elcia~ *huggles*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:23 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

@Elcia: See you!

@Kerri: It would be more trouble for me, going to two banks. If I had to choose, I would choose BofA. That "Keep the Change" deal is really appealing. But... USBank is pretty much free everything, aside from having to create a savings account for a charge ('cause to open an account, you need a starting amount).

I'll researching USBank a little more before I decide and let my mom know. She's going to flip when I tell her that I would like to manage my own money, despite her wanting to have her name on everything "just in case something happens and I can't get at my money."

It seems that she has more problems with things concerning money because she has to have what we call a charge card to every bleepin' company, which equate them to credit cards. She has make payments every month in order to keep those.

It's just... ugh. whee

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm
Ugh indeed. razz Good luck, is all I can say.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I'm guessing mom and I will be making a trip to the bank either tomorrow or Saturday. Depending on how that goes, I'll make my decision.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 pm

(*Ham slices, mashed potatoes with butter, cranberry sauce, mini-dills and mini-sweets, and fruit cocktail/pudding... thing...) ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:18 pm
*sidles up to aretoo and peers at his lunch longingly* Hey there... x3 Hehe. *huggles* How are you? biggrin

Chex: I hope you and your mom don't get in a big fight, by the by. ._.  

Kerrigan_dragon

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 pm
@Kerries: Doing well, laid-back day, data entry at home, with the Wizard of Oz playing in the background. biggrin And I have enough to share... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 pm
I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz since I was 9 or so. :0 I miss it.
Also, don't mind if I do. *takes some potatoes* ^_^ What does the fruit dessert of unknown name taste like? :3  

Kerrigan_dragon

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm
Pretty tasty; it's lemon jello pudding and fruit. smile

I love the fact that the movie references a dance routine cut from the final movie (wicked witch to the flying monkeys: "I've sent ahead a little insect on ahead to take the fight out of them.", referring to the Jitterbug sequence)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 pm
Ooo, yum, that does sound good. smile

I had lunch, but it was leftovers from yesterday's lunch and I'm still kinda hungry, and this isn't helping. xD Oh well.

Oh really? That's interesting. I never knew that. Of course, I don't think I found out that movies even *were* edited and might have scenes cut out until I was eleven or so... razz  

Kerrigan_dragon

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:01 pm
I love deleted scenes... and extended directors' cuts. You should watch the Absolute Watchmen sometime... a LOT was added back in. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 pm
I love when it snows ever so slightly in Georgia~ Everything closes down and I get off work early, yay!

My favorite part of The Wizard of Oz is when the voices start singing "You're out of the woods, you're out of the dark, you're out of the night~~~" and all them look around sort of bewildered by the random singing voices, but then they just shrug it off and start skipping.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 pm
Extended directors' cuts, you say? *huggles the Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition* I happen to like them very much myself. x3

Watchmen had an extended version? eek I shall have to see this as soon as I have money again! :0  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:07 pm
I got the ultimate Watchmen cut for Christmas but I haven't watched it yet.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 pm
Heh... Yeah, that's why I started that Oz Politics thread a while back. I meant to refer only the movie version (though I'm familiar with Wicked and the books, too), and the Wizard and Glinda are awfully manipulative, if you think about it. ^_^

@Kerries: Yeah, the Tales of the Black Freighter are back in Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut, as are a lot of the newsstand segments. A bunch of other stuff, too. heart

And I do heart my LOTR box sets, too. ^_^

EDIT: @Waku: Snow in Georgia? xd it's 44°F and just windy here in Oregon!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games