Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19755 19756 19757 19758 19759 19760 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 pm
I posted the majority of the threads, there's only a few that aren't mine. -_-

I tried to host a contest and see on what we should do, but nobody has replied.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 pm
Might need to keep on recruiting members, then. sweatdrop

I help run one of the largest GLBT guilds on Gaia, and we have literally thousands of users. We're still only marginally more active than the ATG.

Does your guild have any competition? Is it the only guild dedicated to ...er...whatever it is your guild is about?  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:46 pm
Kind of yes and kind of no.

My guild is a Power Rangers and Tokusatsu hybrid guild primarily. There are several Power Rangers guilds and one tokusatsu guild that I'm aware of... Af far as their activity, the Tokusastsu guild I'm member of is just as inactive as mine.

As the members go, I've tried recruiting... no one replied. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:20 pm
Not sure if you've already tried this, but what some people do when setting up guilds is to do a search based on people's interests, and then send out invites. You may get some hate mail, though, since some people don't like being invited by strangers to join guilds.

There's also the registered guilds forum, but I don't find that's a very effective way to get new members.

And, well. If the guild thing doesn't pan out, maybe the subject matter is better suited to an individual thread, rather than an entire guild. : (  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:44 pm
Well, I tried something similar a couple days ago. I made a Feedback and Petition thread to try and get more already stated items. After a couple of weeks, I sent out invitations to those who participated and signed. Most of them accepted, but barely any have posted. Though I might try it the way you suggested, either that or reformat my guild a little (Make it more like ATG).

That's what I tried at first. Like I said, nothing. Though I have a feeling it was my username. sweatdrop

I'm coming the grim realization that might be it. I mean, I originally created a guild as a way for old/still active members of the Power Rangers Empire to have a fresh start.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 pm
User Image

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IN 48 HOURS I WILL BE AT BLOODSTOCK OPEN AIR FESTIVAL.

I AM STUPIDLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW

whee

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:54 pm
Well, I wish you luck in regards to your guild. I hope it becomes more active. 3nodding

I've been trying to be more active in the ATG lately. Hell, this thread has seen more action today than it has in weeks. sweatdrop Which makes me really sad. I met so many friends here, and to see it slowly die is really hard.

A thread that I used to hang out in is also officially dead, although it had been dying for literally the last 2 or 3 years. But until the last year, there was still a handful of us that were still posting. I've lost touch with the regulars there; we've all gotten older and busy with work, or school, or both. sad RIP AtGG.

@Bassio: AHHHHHH! I am so excited for you! >w< Honestly, the crowd would probably send me into an anxiety attack, but I am still so beyond jealous that you get to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:58 pm
Thanks, I hope it does too. xp

I know right? I used/am to be a mod in one of the first Power Ranger Guilds created, the Power Rangers Empire. It to died for the same reasons yours did.

*Raises glass for toast* To Old Guilds/Threads. May their memories live on.

Mr Jes

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm
User Image

The problem with the ATG inactivity is everyone's starting to get real lives, everyone's getting jobs now. It sucks because we're getting less and less time to be online. I know I am, and I don't even have a job yet (my girlfriend is eating all my time up like some sort of time nomming girl thing)

I miss the activity in the ATG though. sad It's so quiet in here

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:15 pm
I think that's the trouble with most older guilds or threads here. The members have real life to deal with now and there isn't enough time anymore for things like Gaia. They die and are eventually replaced with newer threads and guilds.

And sad, true, and necessary part of life. sweatdrop  

Mr Jes

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:35 pm
I rarely, if ever, leave my guilds anymore. I can't be bothered to keep up with what's going on with the rest of Gaia. I used to participate in every event, even the big user-run ones. Now, I just can't be bothered.

Gaia is, I guess, where I come to sort of get away from "real life". But like most people, I have less time to do that than I used to. : (

I've noticed that once the phunkeh gets into a rut, it's really, really hard to get it out again. If no one has said anything besides "hello?" in two days, you don't want to be the third or fourth person posting an unanswered, one-word greeting, so you don't post at all...and the cycle continues...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 pm
User Image

I know, it makes the phunkeh hard to chat in when people don't want to post and get ignored. I try and make a point of posting in here whenever I pop into the ATG, but I sometimes don't get time

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm
That's kind of what I was getting at. I can tell that this thread used to be the most active thread in the guild, but it isn't anymore. :/ Kind of a shame I can tell this guild had some good times.

As to Gaia, I left awhile back to get away from asshats that were in another guild I was in. It was then that I discovered just how much of my time was devoted to Gaia. I came back with the intention of not getting sucked in, but I did. And when I start college again, I feel that'll stop being active all together. So your right, I guess it as a place to get away from life.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm
The challenge seems to be getting everyone online at the same time, which is tricky because of the timezone thing.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 pm
Time zones are always tricky. >_< So are jobs.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19755 19756 19757 19758 19759 19760 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games