Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19950 19951 19952 19953 19954 19955 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:54 pm
crying I'm terrible at saving gold, so my inventory's pretty limited.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Ah, ça me fait plaisir, c'est rien. (It's my pleasure.)

Kerri: Le problème ici est qu'il y a toujours un sort de guerre entre les francophones et les anglophones. Tous les services doivent être offerts dans les deux langues, mais c'est extrèmement dispendieux pour le gouvernement. La plupart de francophones de NB parlent l'anglais aussi, mais le contraire n'est pas le cas. Les anglophones de NB peuvent souvent comprendre le français écrit, mais ils ne sont pas tous bilingues. @_@

(The problem here is that there's always a sort of war going on between the French and the English. All services must be offered in both languages, but it's really expensive for the government. Most of the French speak English, but the reverse isn't true. The English can usually read French, but they aren't always bilingual. It's really frustrating, since the French are always afraid of "losing their culture" or being assimilated by the English, but they really get their backs up about every little thing. No, not all of that was in French, but I was lazy. xD)  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Tae: Je ne suis pas bilingue. Je veux etre... mais, c'est difficile. sad J'essaie! Haha.
(I'm not bilingual. I want to be... but it's hard. I'm trying!)

Aussi, j'aime ton avatar. biggrin Noir et blanc est bon.

EDIT: I must leave for now... but I will be back in a while. smile Just going for coffee. Bye for now, guys! *glomps all*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:02 pm
Le gouvernement me considère bilingue, et je travaille en ma deuxième langue, mais comparé à mes collègues, parfois je me sens stupide. sweatdrop

Maaaaiiiis....mon grammaire est souvent meilleur que le grammaire d'eux autres. x3 Probablement à cause d'avoir étudié la langue elle-même. Mon grammaire en anglais n'est pas si super.

(The government considers me bilingual, and I work in my second language, but compared to some of my colleagues, sometimes I feel stupid.

Buuuut....my grammar is often better than their's. Probably because I studied the language itself. Like, my English grammar isn't so great, probably because I didn't really study it in depth.)

*huggles Penny* See ya!  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 pm
User Image
You'll swoop from incredible highs when you're just glad to be alive,
to those lows when you wish you were dead.

And just when you start thinking that you've accepted who you are,
that changes,
too.

Rica: OH yeah, I remember that item. biggrin With the cool hair and everything~

Penny: Si j'avais de l'argent, je voudrais tu faire quelque chose de cher.

Ah, ça me rappelle, j'ai besoin de donner des cadeaux Tae tard... >3

Tae: Oui, ça me rend triste aussi. sad Je comprends la frustration des francophones, mais aussi la situation pour les anglophones. Pourquoi ne pouvons-nous pas tous être amis? crying

SEE YOU LATER PENNY
(Translation: Penny: If I had the money, I would get you something expensive.
Ah, that reminds me, I have to gift Tae later... >3
Tae: Yes, that makes me sad too. =( I understand the frustration of the French, but also the situation of the English. Why can't we all just be friends? ;-; )

Because who you are is not permanent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 pm
Kerri: Pour vous donner un exemple: je passe probablement 5 fois plus de temps à écrire un post en français comparé à anglais. @_@ Si je me souviens bien, le partie de notre cerveau qui s'occupe de notre deuxième (ou troisième, ou quatrième, etc) langue est différent que le partie qui prend soin de notre langue maternelle.

(To give an example, re: bilingualism: I spend probably 5 times longer writing posts in French than I do in English. If I recall correctly, the part of your brain that handles your second or third language is different than the part that handles your mother tongue. )

Concernant les francos versus les anglos...
C'est frustrant. Je ne crois pas qu'il y aura jamais une solution, pour être honnête avec toi. :/ Regarde à Québec...quelle crisse de mess.

...Aussi, t'as pas du tout besoin de m'acheter un cadeau. D: J'ai assez d'items, vraiment.

(Concerning the French VS English thing...It's frustrating. I don't believe there really will ever be a solution, to be honest. Look at Quebec...what a ******** mess.

And you do not need to get me a present. D smile  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:20 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

I want it so badly. ;3; I'm working on saving my gold now.

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 pm
User Image

that changes,
too.

Si vous parlez le français assez bien pour le gouvernement de vous considérer bilingues, et d'avoir un emploi de langue française, je pense que vous faites bien.

Bah, screw you formal and informal "you", stop confusing me, I will use you however I like. D<

Heureusement, en anglais, vous n'avez pas à être parfait. C'est une langue horrible. biggrin

Erg, Québec... S'il vous plaît ne pas me parler de Québec. C'est un énorme gâchis. Je veux que ça cesse. sad Si tout le monde au Canada n'était pas si ... Je ne sais pas Il est tout simplement stupide, vraiment..

(translation: If you speak french well enough for the government to consider you bilingual, and to have a job speaking french, I think you're doing well.

Fortunately, in English, you don't have to be perfect. It's a horrible language. The b*****d illegitimate child of Latin and Germanic that fed off the dredges of all the other languages as its fuel, because it became an orphan when Latin died, and its grammar went all to hell and it's just a horrible excuse for a language. Er, I might not have said all that in french...

Please don't talk to me about Quebec, it makes me a sad panda, I'ma go die in a hole now.)

Kerrigan_dragon

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Blargh.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:28 pm
C'est plutot les expressions idiomatiques qui me cause des problèmes. Je peux parler assez bien, mais pas vraiment....naturellement, I guess.

(It's mostly idiomatic expressions that trip me up now. I speak well enough, I guess, it's just...not quite natural.)

Je suis toujours impressioné par Emmmahy, comme elle parle si bien. Elle semble un anglophone naturelle. Quand je parle, je semble toujours être formel. On peut dire tout de suite que je ne suis pas un francophone.

(I'm always impressed by Emmmahy, since she speaks so well. She seems to be a natural English speaker. But when I speak, I sound quite formal and stiff. You can tell right away it's not my first language.)

Et ça va, on parlera pas de Québec. xD (Fine with me if we don't talk about PQ.)  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 pm
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

*returns with pretty gold nails*
biggrin

It was funny, the one time I was in Quebec, I was with this other girl who was from a bilingual part of ON, and the store-people (sales people, clerks, whatever), always looked at me the second she opened her mouth xD
I have been told I look "French," whatever that means.

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:37 pm
I work with a girl from Timmins, and she's French through and through. Occasionally we still get customers who swear they have trouble understanding her. Her French sounds pretty damn close to Quebecois to my ear, but supposedly they notice a difference.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:39 pm
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

They are picky peoples >___>
For some reason they pick me, though D:
(Which is funny, since my French is horrendous* x3)

*exaggerated for effect. I've been told I have a pretty good accent, but I can't speak very well, and have very little to work with in the first place (even with grade 10 french)

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm
User Image

that changes,
too.

ROLAND HAI! *kisses all over* heart

Eh, je pense que tant que les gens vous comprenez, c'est bon. Mais, il est bon d'améliorer... *shrugs* Quelle est la langue maternelle de Emmmahy..?

I'm too tired to translate. ;-; I'm not saying much of import anyways.

Yunie: I have no idea why. Everyone looks the same to me, unless their skin colour is really different, I can't tell where people come from. 8D

Kerrigan_dragon

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm
They are very touchy about their language indeed. >_> My accent is ok, but not great. About as good as Pixie's I guess. I can't roll my Rs, so that kind of sucks. :/

Kerri: Sa langue maternelle est ...err....Serbian. (Je sais pas le mot en français.) Elle semble être difficile est compliquée, mais j'aimerais apprendre quelques phrases.

biggrin  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19950 19951 19952 19953 19954 19955 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games