Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm
Kerri: Could be worse. We're both just busy, it's not like we live that far away. x3

So, we're talking about seafood here at work, and the price of it and whatnot. So I pose a question to you guys, out of curiosity: how much does lobster cost where you live?

Also, what kind of seafood (if any) do you guys like?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm
Couldn't tell you what lobster costs here offhand, but it's not terribly expensive. Not crazy cheap, either, mind.

And as for seafood, I'm really not the biggest fan. I'll eat it, but only once in a while. I absolutely love smoked salmon, though. biggrin  

penned ignorance

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm
Last year it was cheaper than baloney. Srsly. x3 And that was from the store. Directly from the boats? Cheaper than dirt.

I think it's like $6/pound right now.

That said, I don't really like lobster. I will eat it in like a lobster roll or in sushi, but it's not my favourite. And in the shell? No thanks.

I'm not a huge fan of seafood, either. Usually like it in sushi, although I am partial to baked flounder.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:54 pm
User Image
You'll swoop from incredible highs when you're just glad to be alive,
to those lows when you wish you were dead.

And just when you start thinking that you've accepted who you are,
that changes,
too.

Tae: I'm not sure about the current price of lobster, too expensive for my family to eat it much. I live in one of two landlocked provinces and territories in all of Canada, so seafood is expensive and not very good here.

That said, I do like seafood. I like lobster, crab, scallops, mussels, fish... I've never actually tried clam or oysters. I'm surprisingly picky about salmon - I always think I'll really like it, but I only like it sometimes, in certain ways. I love sushi. But I hate seaweed. Like, in sushi it's fine, but if I have soup that has even flakes of seaweed in it, I can't eat it at all. Also, if I have too much seafood, I start to not like it. When I went to Nova Scotia we had seafood every day for two weeks, and when I got home I didn't eat seafood for a few months. xD The seafood was so GOOD though, ugh, I miss it.

Because who you are is not permanent.

Kerrigan_dragon

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 pm
Wow, that's a pretty big price change. O.o

Yeah, I'm not a sushi fan either. xd

Ah well. We Albertans aren't exposed to much seafood, so I guess it's possibly an environmental thing. Then again, I don't like beef all that much either...hmmm  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm
Alriiiiight... Brace yourselves then xd

My Dad hired me and my step brother to bend over next to walls all day to rub down Hard Wood.

On top of that I get to go back and forth all day 6 inches at a time. By the end of the day His knees and my hips are sore.

We rub the oil into the wood to make the it shine and make it darker.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm
When my grandmother was younger, the rich kids brought the processed meat sammiches to school. razz Bringing lobster to school meant getting labelled as poor, since only the fishermen's kids ate it. Funstuff.

Kerri, when you were here, did you try dulse? x3 Man, I don't even like that stuff much, and I don't dislike seaweed. I will eat it, though, which is more than I can say for most tourists.

You should come back to NS. >w<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
User Image

that changes,
too.

Kusa: Hahaha, awesome. x3

Tae: Nope, didn't try it. Haven't even heard of it. What is it? o-o;;

And I want to go back to Nova Scotia so badly, it's so beautiful. D: Most beautiful part of Canada I have been to. o___o

Edit: Also, oddly enough, I knew that about lobster. I think my mom told me.

Kerrigan_dragon

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:08 pm
Wow, here it's a fancy food. razz I've never traveled out east... I've heard it's nice, though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 pm
I would like to see Alberta and more of BC. Y'all have mountains and s**t. o_o; We just have hills.

Dulse is dried seaweed. You pick it at low tide, set it on a tarp to dry, and omnomnom. It's kinda chewy. VEGETARIAN SEA JERKY.

Anyway, most people who aren't from here seem to hate it. x3  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm
The mountains here rock. biggrin They're really pretty. Also... Unintentional pun was unintentional. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:15 pm
User Image

that changes,
too.

Ok, yeah, mountains. They are awesome. biggrin

Now, if the Rocky Mountains were right next to Nova Scotia, then that would be the best place to live evar. You should come and visit me sometime, Tae, and my family will take you to see the mountains. C:

Dulse... *shudders* No thank you. D: I don't even like seaweed to LOOK at in the sea, let alone eat it.

Kerrigan_dragon

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 pm
I like seaweed. We have this seaweed, and it's like...sea bubble-wrap. Long strings of it with these bubbles that you can pop and they're full of...well...goo. It's entertaining. >_>;

...I realize this sounds gross, and now I'm thinking maybe we're weird for doing this. Yay Nova Scotia...

Also, I would like to come visit at some point. Maybe after Josh graduates I'll get to travel. >w<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 pm
That sounds gross... razz

Also, if you come here, you could visit me too. biggrin Yay for living in the same place.  

penned ignorance

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:20 pm
User Image

that changes,
too.

Well, some seaweed is cool. Seaweed full of masses of dead and rotting fish... I've seen too often.

That sounds cool, though. biggrin And people do a lot of gross things for entertainment? xD

When does Josh graduate? You should totally visit us in Calgary and see me and Penny and we should all go to the mountains. Twould be badass.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games