Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
MUST HAVE... MORE... ********... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:39 pm
chianachan
User ImageA sigh came out and that emotion that was transparent and glittering

Serial Experiments Lain? o__O
I'd say Elfen Lied before that xDDD
Lain is pretty damn awesome though..

Dir en grey cool

was inlaid in my chest like a jewel and in the magic of the space-timeUser Image

Elfen Lied was too guro for me. Lain was quite the opposite; it's psycho-horror because of the themes it presents, (loss of identity, addiction, loosing reality), while Elfen Lied is horrific because of what physically happens.

Series like Elfen Lied are not what I'm looking for.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:50 pm
Darthspanky
this is a great ********.. although it is so vulger it pierces the ears

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3Wc-37pC4

Wait to ******** ruin my thread b***h. xd  

Awiergan Resurrection

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 pm
Lisey's Story by Stephen King. I'd say that's one of his best stories. Despite the King name, it's not really a horror story...there are elements of horror in it, of course (c'mon, it's Stephen King xD), but it's mostly a twisted view of reality.

If you've quite a bit of time, the Dark Tower series is also a good read (also by King). I like the earlier books better (1-3 are the "older" books; I count #4 as well because I like it, though 5's not bad...I didn't like 6 or 7 much, but they finished the story [as much as the story can be called "finished", anyway], so meh), but the ending of the series blew my mind. And if you're well-versed in the King universe, you can see a lot of influences from most of his other books...it's as though the series ties together most of his stories into one huge book-world (which gains significance when you read the series).

I too would suggest reading Cujo, but not because it fits the genre you're craving, because I don't think it does (unless I completely misunderstand what you're asking for). It is a good story, though.

Insomnia (also by King) might be up your alley. It's a good stand-alone story, but it also fits in well with the Dark Tower books.

Any movie/tv version of The Shining sucked a**. The book was way better. And it's more-or-less just a ghost story, anyway (one could argue that the hotel itself was sentient, which I find to be an interesting idea, but mostly it was just ghosts). It's been a while since I read it, but I don't even think the line, "Here's Johnny" is in the book. Stupid movies and their stupid ways of making stuff from the book stupid. >.<

(*is a King-ophile as well as a book-purist, so opinions may be a wee bit biased*)

For video games, I'd suggest Indigo Prophecy (I have it on the PS2; dunno what other systems it's for). It's a really short play-through (I think I logged about 10 hours on it), but the replay value is decent - it might be good for a rental, unless you find it on sale; then I'd suggest buying it, because it really is quite good. The game plays differently depending on what choices you make. I don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you that the first task is to cover up a murder your character committed in the opening scenes, and there are many ways you can go about it ^.^

So far as ******** go, I'd recommend the Fatal Frame series (video games also; I have the three in the series on PS2 and dunno what other consoles they're on). They're essentially ghost stories, but they scare the s**t out of me (which I would call a ******** haven't gotten through the first one yet =O

For a bit of a twist on small-town life, I'd give "Hot Fuzz" (movie) a once-over. It's about half-comedy and it's kinda campy (though in a good way), but it made me look twice at neighborhood watch associations xD

My bf says he's heard good things about "Pan's Labyrinth", a foreign film. He says it might be something about fairy tales, but like darker, more twisted fairy tales. Anyway, it's something he's heard about and might be something to look up.

"Clockwork Orange" is also good (of course the book is better than the movie, but the movie's not bad - though it's somewhat old). It offers a view of a possible future and explores issues of morality and freedom of choice. The movie has some trippy visuals, too ^.^

EDIT: There are actually a few more King stories which I think would fit the bill, Rose Madder and The Stand among them, but I think I've rambled on quite enough sweatdrop If you (or anyone) want some more King recommendations, feel free to ask, though ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 pm
Stephen King is always good if your looking for books. His newer book "Cell" is actually really good I just finished it. Also other books would be "I Am Legend" or another Stephen King one "Pet Semetary."

Video games I definitely recommend the Silent Hill series if you want a trippy game.  

Snoopy McBeagle

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 pm
Anime is fine. but you should watch Suicide Club, a japanese live action movie. Now that's some ******** up s**t. I highly recommend it. Also Ichi the Killer but i'm sure you've already seen that.

Other japanese live action ******** you should see:
Battle Royale I & II
Old Boy
http://www.deathmusic.co.kr/ This hasn't hit theaters yet but it looks kinda promising.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:31 am
angel_half82
Paranoia Agent was a pretty Psycho anime.
i have to agree with you there  

genji_90

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:30 am
An old game, called System Shock 2, does a good job of messing with you from start to finish.

The graphics are dated (1998, actually), but the gameplay is still solid and the sound is awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 am
Shazbot_the_Pirate
An old game, called System Shock 2, does a good job of messing with you from start to finish.

The graphics are dated (1998, actually), but the gameplay is still solid and the sound is awesome.
That game is SWEEEET!!
Totally crazy but still sweet xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

Arch_Seraphim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:49 am
By the way, I loved the book Something Wicked This Way Comes

Have you tried watching the Masters of Horror series? I think you have to have HBO though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Lisey's Story by Stephen King. I'd say that's one of his best stories. Despite the King name, it's not really a horror story...there are elements of horror in it, of course (c'mon, it's Stephen King xD), but it's mostly a twisted view of reality.

If you've quite a bit of time, the Dark Tower series is also a good read (also by King). I like the earlier books better (1-3 are the "older" books; I count #4 as well because I like it, though 5's not bad...I didn't like 6 or 7 much, but they finished the story [as much as the story can be called "finished", anyway], so meh), but the ending of the series blew my mind. And if you're well-versed in the King universe, you can see a lot of influences from most of his other books...it's as though the series ties together most of his stories into one huge book-world (which gains significance when you read the series).

I too would suggest reading Cujo, but not because it fits the genre you're craving, because I don't think it does (unless I completely misunderstand what you're asking for). It is a good story, though.

Insomnia (also by King) might be up your alley. It's a good stand-alone story, but it also fits in well with the Dark Tower books.

Any movie/tv version of The Shining sucked a**. The book was way better. And it's more-or-less just a ghost story, anyway (one could argue that the hotel itself was sentient, which I find to be an interesting idea, but mostly it was just ghosts). It's been a while since I read it, but I don't even think the line, "Here's Johnny" is in the book. Stupid movies and their stupid ways of making stuff from the book stupid. >.<

(*is a King-ophile as well as a book-purist, so opinions may be a wee bit biased*)

For video games, I'd suggest Indigo Prophecy (I have it on the PS2; dunno what other systems it's for). It's a really short play-through (I think I logged about 10 hours on it), but the replay value is decent - it might be good for a rental, unless you find it on sale; then I'd suggest buying it, because it really is quite good. The game plays differently depending on what choices you make. I don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you that the first task is to cover up a murder your character committed in the opening scenes, and there are many ways you can go about it ^.^

So far as ******** go, I'd recommend the Fatal Frame series (video games also; I have the three in the series on PS2 and dunno what other consoles they're on). They're essentially ghost stories, but they scare the s**t out of me (which I would call a ******** haven't gotten through the first one yet =O

For a bit of a twist on small-town life, I'd give "Hot Fuzz" (movie) a once-over. It's about half-comedy and it's kinda campy (though in a good way), but it made me look twice at neighborhood watch associations xD

My bf says he's heard good things about "Pan's Labyrinth", a foreign film. He says it might be something about fairy tales, but like darker, more twisted fairy tales. Anyway, it's something he's heard about and might be something to look up.

"Clockwork Orange" is also good (of course the book is better than the movie, but the movie's not bad - though it's somewhat old). It offers a view of a possible future and explores issues of morality and freedom of choice. The movie has some trippy visuals, too ^.^

EDIT: There are actually a few more King stories which I think would fit the bill, Rose Madder and The Stand among them, but I think I've rambled on quite enough sweatdrop If you (or anyone) want some more King recommendations, feel free to ask, though ^.^
The ending of the Dark Tower series pissed me off so much it's not even funny. xd

As for Pan's Labyrinth it was a good movie, but I don't know if it would be a mind ******** movie. Although I suppose you could spend time thinking about it.

Does anyone else notice that this thread is basically a bunch of people recommending Stephen King books? xd  

tsukasa_the_quiet

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:47 pm
im not much on movies, but i likes the sixth sense, and butterfly effect, the ring, ect. the game geist was good, i think its in that category, i dunno.

also!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychological_thriller_films  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:33 pm
Requiem for a Dream is a ********. It will disturb you. This is not a psycho-horror but man, it just gets ******** crazy near the end. You'll never want to do drugs xd

An anime that I watched today and just thought, "WTF?" is called Cat Soup.

You can watch the three parts of it on Youtube or just the amv.

Cat Soup Pt. 1
Cat Soup Pt. 2
Cat Soup Pt. 3
Cat Soup AMV

Edited: You know, I'm surprised no one said Donnie Darko. The first time I watched it I was just like... "wow."  

Goddess Ace
Crew

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:17 pm
Official Von Helson Division Bunnypire

Many of Takashi Shimizu's movies are pretty good. He's best known in America for his work on his remake of Ju-On (The Grudge). I recently watched his movie Rerincarnation. It was very, very good.

Pan's Labyrinth is also very good. Not scary as far as, well, scaryness goes, but rather more of a twisted fairytale.

Secret Window (♥), Donnie Darko (BEST MOVIE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER) or The Butterfly Effect are pretty good if you like getting your sense of logic totally torn apart. :B
subliminal messaging;
i demand 3 august sealeds, at once!
also, please visit my quest-links on my profile? :'D
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
47k Out Of 700k. )':

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:34 pm
Can't say... but I have to say you should read Shadows by John Saul; not really a psyco-horror, but more of a thriller/mystery. Its a good read, especially if you like hidden plots. =3  

Knight Skyy

Movies, TV, Music, and more

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces