Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Blue sword fighting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm Blue
  and so is my arm.
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:03 pm
i think i understand. having seen a few aikido demos, they do seem very....flowy?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:17 pm
Iconised Ghost
i think i understand. having seen a few aikido demos, they do seem very....flowy?
User ImageBoys and girls of every age...

Mm, yes.. there are allot of different styles of Aikido, that vary greatly..
The style I study is a much tighter, efficient style. One concept is that of circles, and circular movement, redirecting and neutralizing energy. Where as some styles use large sweeping circles, ours are tight and small, and we don't make any movements that aren't needed.
I've heard people call Nihon Goshin style 'explosive' since we have some judo throws, legsweeps, and strikes and so forth.. it's probably the most no nonsense style there is xd

...Come with us and you will see this, our town of Halloween
User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:05 pm
yes the demo i saw could have been using that circular idea that you mentioned. It was a pretty bad demo though, the people threw themselves before the "defender" had chance to do their technique xd of course, this doesnt reflect on all of aikido, and everyone has bad demonstrations, but man it was funny mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 am
Iconised Ghost
yes the demo i saw could have been using that circular idea that you mentioned. It was a pretty bad demo though, the people threw themselves before the "defender" had chance to do their technique xd of course, this doesnt reflect on all of aikido, and everyone has bad demonstrations, but man it was funny mrgreen

Ooo, anticipating the fall. Thats not good xd I like to make it hard for people to throw me.. but I will throw myself a little early if I know they're gonna really put it on, or I have an injury. There is one throw I usually have to fall early on, because I have extremely flexible wrists, it really scares people by how much they twist, they usually just let go of my hand mid technique xd
But gah, I hate it when people roll/fall early.. it's like wtf! I haven't done anything yet! o.o

User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

mutilations

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:02 am
My friends and I do that every saturday!

(I'm in the CBGB's Shirt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEFgcwfDDE0  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:07 am

I applaud your use of duct tape xd

User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 am
chianachan
Iconised Ghost

Ooo, anticipating the fall. Thats not good xd I like to make it hard for people to throw me.. but I will throw myself a little early if I know they're gonna really put it on, or I have an injury. There is one throw I usually have to fall early on, because I have extremely flexible wrists, it really scares people by how much they twist, they usually just let go of my hand mid technique xd
But gah, I hate it when people roll/fall early.. it's like wtf! I haven't done anything yet! o.o

User Image

lol im also quite hard to throw (but not impossible, you just have to tweek the techiniques a bit) also because my wrists are flexible (well, most of my body is i guess) and my nerve points are kinda out of whack. like apparently some japanese nerve points are in slightly different locations to europeans? Well, mine seem to be in different places (but im not japanese) or they dont exist at all. Maybe they're just really slow, so the pain doesnt reach my brain in time xd but i agree with going with it if you anticipate pain 3nodding especially being flexible in the wrists, you can get ppl doing serious muscle and bone damage by forcing the techniques because you're flexible  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:11 pm
Iconised Ghost
chianachan
Iconised Ghost

User Image

lol im also quite hard to throw (but not impossible, you just have to tweek the techiniques a bit) also because my wrists are flexible (well, most of my body is i guess) and my nerve points are kinda out of whack. like apparently some japanese nerve points are in slightly different locations to europeans? Well, mine seem to be in different places (but im not japanese) or they dont exist at all. Maybe they're just really slow, so the pain doesnt reach my brain in time xd but i agree with going with it if you anticipate pain 3nodding especially being flexible in the wrists, you can get ppl doing serious muscle and bone damage by forcing the techniques because you're flexible

I have a bit of trouble feeling nerve points sometimes as well, if other students are doing it. I don't know if they lack the accuracy, or the aren't putting enough pressure on since I have a high pain tolerance. And I sorta like it lol xd
It's rather a joke amongst other students, finding just the right angle or pressure to get me to feel a technique xd currently only one student holds the secret for getting me tap out on the reverse wrist technique xDDD and he won't share with anyone else..

User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:49 pm
lol with me its not that they lack accuracy, its just that the nerves simply...arent there xd i dont know if u use the nerve thats kinda on the back of the upper arm? you ahve to kinda push the muscle out of the way and then it really hurts? Well mine just isnt there. if you want to do a pin like that you have to put pressure on my elbow as if you were hyper-extending it, because otherwise its just not going to happen

Im the mutant of the dojo sweatdrop its all fun and games, until some one thinks that if they put enough pressure on they'll get it right. Yes it will hurt, no its not because of the nerve, anyone can break a wrist. Some ppl huh -_-  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:26 pm
here is me at my very first Chanbara Tournament I won 5 to 0 in 1:23 seconds, but alas this video is from when I first started...So I'll have to upload a more recent video later, cause now im a licensed instructor for Chanbara sparring.

Linky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRM-NUTDY7w < Lol i hit him so many times in the head and they never call point...  

wolfpriest101

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 pm
wow u did hit him heaps in the head without them calling it xd why was he wearing camoflage?? lol. I have an old old video of me and my sister doing embu, about a year ago, we would have been about 2nd kyu i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3lJj0aP40
its awful listening to yourself kiai-ing >.<

Im the with brown hair. Looking back u see so many errors, ne? But its fun to see how much you have improved as well  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:22 pm
Iconised Ghost
wow u did hit him heaps in the head without them calling it xd why was he wearing camoflage?? lol. I have an old old video of me and my sister doing embu, about a year ago, we would have been about 2nd kyu i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3lJj0aP40

Im the with brown hair. Looking back u see so many errors, ne? But its fun to see how much you have improved as well

your right it is fun to watch and see how much you have improved and about the camo Gi...I dont know I think he went to some type of school that offered it as a color first time i saw it as well.  

wolfpriest101

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:37 pm
it would have looked better if he was doing better i guess xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm
Iconised Ghost

Indeed, it is.. xD
It's so interesting, all the different sorta of kiais you hear..
Mine are usually something like 'ha-ii' for falls, and a small 'hu!' on kicks and punches xd People say I do it very cutely..
One I've heard a few students do, and I think this comes from previous training is a sharp "Hit! Saa.." and it sorta winds down if they have time, or if they're rapidly punching it's just "hits!"
I'm thinking this sorta lets the energy/tenseness wind down..
Oh, and another student makes a sound like my kitty cat sneezing 3nodding it makes me giggle.

User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 pm
yeah a lot of our kiais at our branch sound kinda like "uh!" or "up!" which we never realised until someone started kiai-ing with "down!" xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff