Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
So......thirsty..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Water?
  Need...more........
  Ahh!! I'm melting...
  Nope, just fine
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Sturgeon are like salmon that live in the ocean. They spawn in fresh water, though, I think. And they're huge.

They're protected in this region, too. They're culturally important here, because the tribes hunt them as a rite of passage or something. Maybe it's the whales I'm thinking of...or maybe it's both whales and sturgeon, but probably different tribes for each...

Anyway, sucks that you're in a drought. It's weird to me to be in a drought at this time of year, though, because this is the start of our rainy season xD

I remember once the water main in our town froze and broke (or exploded from all the rain or something - in our area, it rains all day from October to June, but things usually freeze overnight in the winter, and I didn't live in town at the time, so I dunno what the cause of it was)...anyway, we had all the water in the world, between the busted pipe and the rain, but none to drink xD

rofl Funny. I have a few bottles of water left we can have, but we are seriously going to stock up on bottles until the prices spike.
*yawn* I am going to bed. It is almost Midnight where I live. Sleep tight, don't let the Sturgeon bite...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:57 pm
i want a sturgeon!! are they good eating? i would keep in a lake and teach it party tricks  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:03 am
Iconised Ghost
i want a sturgeon!! are they good eating? i would keep in a lake and teach it party tricks

I don't think they would make good pets. You need a thick leash. Not sure about the tricks though... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:45 pm
i dunno, they might be pretty affectionate once they get to know you  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:14 pm
Iconised Ghost
i dunno, they might be pretty affectionate once they get to know you

rofl That would be the day...affectionate fish.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:17 pm
Midori Hayashi
Ok, so I live in the Southeast USA, and we are in a major drought. The lake that is our major source of water, is down by 19 feet. The government keeps letting out more water downstream to save the endangered mussels and sturgeon.

Well, when us humans die, at least they saved the fish right? stare The one year we needed a Hurricane, we get none at all.

We have about 80 days of water left, counting total outdoor watering bans, and water rationing. I told Ace that I want Bottled Water for Christmas. xp

So, are any of you people in a drought? Or would you like to brag about all the glorious, cool, refreshing water that you have?
Lol, Southwest was in a 10 year drought until last year, but we're still pretty dry xd

HUNNY-CHAN IS NO MORE  

Crimson Sonata

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:24 pm
i dont really know about cali but its ok...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:25 am
Utah...is dry. But it just snowed today. My home state (Washington) is getting soaked, as usual. xd I'd rather be there.

I don't like the tap water here; it tastes funky, so I drink bottled water. I'm on my last bottle right now, and I've lost my signature card (it's what we use on campus to buy everything). evil Even worse, I have very little money on my debit card.

So yeah, I feel your pain.  

Lily the Pink

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:36 am
I'm sorry about the drought. New York is doing OK  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 am
uhhh i live in texas.... what is this thing you call water...  

Sakura-Kyoukan

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:03 am
Sakura-Kyoukan

Sakura if you haven't noticed. That chick has revived 3 threads....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:14 am
Pirate-Wolfe
Sakura-Kyoukan

Sakura if you haven't noticed. That chick has revived 3 threads....

aye just noticed in the last thread so... now where did i put that ban hammer?

oh yea! BAM BAM!  

Sakura-Kyoukan

DarkerFairytaleDreams

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:56 am
unfortuneately im from canada and the part im from has plentiful of water...im from the west coast woot...go bancouver lol  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:08 pm
Lily the Pink
Utah...is dry. But it just snowed today. My home state (Washington) is getting soaked, as usual. xd I'd rather be there.

I don't like the tap water here; it tastes funky, so I drink bottled water. I'm on my last bottle right now, and I've lost my signature card (it's what we use on campus to buy everything). evil Even worse, I have very little money on my debit card.

So yeah, I feel your pain.

Pfft! if i went to seattle the tap water would most likely taste pretty nasty to me, dont go hatin' Utah and us desert-born now. you should come skiing up here in the northern area sometime when the powder hits.  

HellKnight Azrael

generic_boob

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:20 pm
Its snowing here....

I'd kill for melted water gonk

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items