Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
whats is there to live for? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

live or die
live
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
die
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:00 am
this reminds me of the opening of a poem i once wrote

What is there to believe in when the truth is a lie
our bodies broken, crippled with the deceptions that defy...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:03 am
Life is good. When you're down, the only way left is to go up. Hang in there biggrin  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:31 pm
green_stocking_dutchman
Dr Entropy
Life is a gift, If you don't want it then you don't deserve it. Its not a matter of if there's anything to live for, you shouldn't need a reason to live. From what your saying, your quite ungrateful of the ultimate gift given to you. Instead of whining about how crappy it is, do your part to make it better.

Hmmm. Not sure if stating the fact, "the world is going to s**t" actually qualifies as whining per se.

regardless of your reasoning, i feel that everyone deserves to live... It's really rude and uncaring to think otherwise. Some people just have different problems and may not be able to deal with them sweatdrop

@the topic starting guy - Please don't give up, try and gain a bit of cheer there are still so many good things in the world =)

like cookies. and cake. heart
Well considering there are plenty of good things in the world, I consider it whining. If someone is ungrateful to be alive, that shows that they're incredibly selfish looking towards their own desire to be happy. People should consider looking out for the needs of others instead of seeking their own self gratification otherwise they're going to bring other people down with their negativity. There's a site out there (name escapes me) about suicidal people encouraging each other to kill themselves. If you want yourself dead, thats really your own problem but don't go around encouraging other people that their life is hopeless and just end it. People may feel that they can't deal with their problems but suicide is a cowardly response to that. For dealing with your sufferings in this life, your ensuring that you will have a greater reward in the next.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 pm
you can't always be looking out for the needs of others above your own, extremes in either direction is unhealthy. I believe in living half for yourself and half for others, helping yourself first. If you cannot take care of yourself, how can you look out for others? I dont see wanting happiness for yourself as being selfish

Depression is a real condition, and people experience real suffering with it. They commit suicide for a range of reasons, not necessarily because they cannot deal with their problems. If they cannot deal with their problems then i think that we should be more willing to look at them and their problems and their background/experiences before we start slagging them off.  

Iconised Ghost

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm
I'm not saying you need to constantly think of others but doing little favors for people gives a small sense of gratification and give people some thing to live for. If you can't help others then you need to seek help instead of just living with the thoughts of suicide. I see your point about wanting happiness, I just think that a person isn't trying to think very hard when they ask what there is to live for.

Well depression is a completely different story. I realize that its a real mental condition. I'm only talking about people who just think they can't deal with life and also the people who just say they want to die for attention. (faking depression)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 pm
Life is worth living...this is coming from a misanthrope, Some of the good things are True friends, Love, Games, Booze and Women!

"Sie ist nett, wie viel ist Sexy Time!" I do love the ladies!  

wolfpriest101

Artanus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm
Make what you can out of life.
Reproduce

I'm not dying until I:
a. Have Sex
b. Do something useful with my life  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:06 pm
I live to obtain what I desire, to capture attention, become something greater, to inspire, to replicate, to create, to destroy, to lie, to kill, to corrupt, to advance, to discover; all of these to ultimately add to the continuum of humanity. I AM MAN, THIS IS LIFE.

That is my deepest reason i don't commit suicide every chance i get my hands on something with a sharp edge.  

HellKnight Azrael

iExstasy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:52 pm
You should live for me and me only ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:50 pm
:LIFE:
life is full
full of beauty
what is there to live for?
everything anything
your friends and family
the ones you love
yourself
build up yourself
be known be loved
life is full
full of beauty
beauty is life
life is worth living for!
it doesn't matter what or where
it's if your living every moment!

heyu_yeahu0705

dragonman909

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:29 pm
it's simple people live to die  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:36 pm
Dr Entropy
green_stocking_dutchman
Dr Entropy
Life is a gift, If you don't want it then you don't deserve it. Its not a matter of if there's anything to live for, you shouldn't need a reason to live. From what your saying, your quite ungrateful of the ultimate gift given to you. Instead of whining about how crappy it is, do your part to make it better.

Hmmm. Not sure if stating the fact, "the world is going to s**t" actually qualifies as whining per se.

regardless of your reasoning, i feel that everyone deserves to live... It's really rude and uncaring to think otherwise. Some people just have different problems and may not be able to deal with them sweatdrop

@the topic starting guy - Please don't give up, try and gain a bit of cheer there are still so many good things in the world =)

like cookies. and cake. heart
Well considering there are plenty of good things in the world, I consider it whining. If someone is ungrateful to be alive, that shows that they're incredibly selfish looking towards their own desire to be happy. People should consider looking out for the needs of others instead of seeking their own self gratification otherwise they're going to bring other people down with their negativity. There's a site out there (name escapes me) about suicidal people encouraging each other to kill themselves. If you want yourself dead, thats really your own problem but don't go around encouraging other people that their life is hopeless and just end it. People may feel that they can't deal with their problems but suicide is a cowardly response to that. For dealing with your sufferings in this life, your ensuring that you will have a greater reward in the next.

You should have incorporated "an hero" in there somewhere. xd  

angel_half82
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:36 pm
I really don't believe in the whole "live to make babies" bullshit. I mean, your life's ultimate meaning is to have kids, who's ultimate meaning in life will be the same? That's like getting a degree in math just so you can teach math. -_-

I've decided kids aren't for me, I've got so much going on and the direction I'm heading in doesn't have room for kids in the equation. If I'm going to leave some kind of legacy behind, I'd like it to be something people will remember for far longer than the lifetime of whatever kid I would have. Anyone can squeeze out a baby (or impregnate a chick). That's not to say people who have kids are lesser, it's just not what I want.

ANYWAY. My point is, what there is to live for is different for everybody. My absolute favorite quote is

"But then night rolls around, and it all starts making sense;
There is no right way, or wrong way, you just have to live.
And so, I do what I do, and at least I exist.
What could mean more than this?"

To me, I live for someone else...which is dangerous, because if anything were to happen to him, I know I would feel helpless, and he is taking the same risk in living for me. But hey, I don't see anything wrong with living just for the sake of life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:41 am
aprilness
I really don't believe in the whole "live to make babies" bullshit. I mean, your life's ultimate meaning is to have kids, who's ultimate meaning in life will be the same? That's like getting a degree in math just so you can teach math. -_-

lol, i dont understand! Getting a degree in the subject that you are going to teach is a good idea usually, and lots of people do that. Over here, you get paid more as a teacher if you have a degree as well as being a registered teacher, so why not get it in the subject you intend to teach?

aprilness
Anyone can squeeze out a baby (or impregnate a chick).

Actually there are thousands, if not millions ,of people out there who would kill to be able to do that, who cant for some reason or another  

Iconised Ghost

bandanas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:52 am
i love life. dont throw life away. just go through it. have something that makes you truely happy and stick with it. get through the hard stuff and have friends and family with you because there isnt anything better than friends.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff