Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hacked Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*Sigh* (-_-) Not Another One?
  Yep
View Results

wolfpriest101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:30 am
Sheer_Immortal
I am officially confused. Is this an "o noez, I was hacked" thread, or an "o noez, I was hacked, please help me get my stuff back" thread?

o noez, I was hacked" thread

I just put the list there for the people who donated stuff to me, eh really i dont know I'm mostly doing to help remind myself what i need to buy  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:23 am
I feel your pain, my first account was compleatly hacked. It was a while ago and I don't remember what I lost, but I feel your pain, I remember feeling the exact same way.  

Kaiserin Kai

Mythical Kitten

17,675 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tax Evader 100

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:33 am
wolfpriest101
Sheer_Immortal
I am officially confused. Is this an "o noez, I was hacked" thread, or an "o noez, I was hacked, please help me get my stuff back" thread?

o noez, I was hacked" thread

I just put the list there for the people who donated stuff to me, eh really i dont know I'm mostly doing to help remind myself what i need to buy
Fair enough. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:48 am
wolfpriest101
angel_half82
Hackers prey on the gullible simple as that.

WTF does that mean, i use mozilla fire foxs and clear my cookies everytime I exit out, i never have my computer remember my username or password. I never give out my personal info, I never go to gaia towns and dont enter arenas. I dont have a single idea how they got my info but alas they did. So please dont say only gullible people get hacked!

It means you had to have put your password into something that was a cookie grabber. People don't just stumble on passwords and its ridiculous to think they do. Thus hackers prey on the gullible.  

angel_half82
Crew

Nurse Miasma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:11 pm
The two most popular methods of hacking on Gaia now a days is Keyloggers and cookie grabbers. Oh and to your mention about not being able to trace the gift system: They used to have that problem but they removed if for about half a year. The had restarted it with a way for mods to track down what's been gifted.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm
[Severed Soul]
The two most popular methods of hacking on Gaia now a days is Keyloggers and cookie grabbers. Oh and to your mention about not being able to trace the gift system: They used to have that problem but they removed if for about half a year. The had restarted it with a way for mods to track down what's been gifted.
Yarr. Let a mod know you were hacked/scammed/whatever-terminology-you-want-to-use, and they should be able to (eventually) get your stuff back to you. 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

wolfpriest101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:02 pm
Sheer_Immortal
[Severed Soul]
Yarr. Let a mod know you were hacked/scammed/whatever-terminology-you-want-to-use, and they should be able to (eventually) get your stuff back to you. 3nodding

all righty I'll get right on that  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:07 pm
wolfpriest101
Sheer_Immortal
[Severed Soul]

'attaboy.  

angel_half82
Crew

Nurse Miasma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:10 pm
angel_half82
wolfpriest101
Sheer_Immortal
[Severed Soul]

'attaboy.

Right on! [/notspam]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:57 pm
Well got a response from Gaia just a few minitues ago an guess what i got...
Zip
Yep they told me No-Can-Do They cant get me my items back but I got some gaia cash to replace my letters I had purchased from them, not much but better than nothing. So looks like I'm going to have to start from scratch, but im positive I can fix this deli-ma and look back and laugh; time to rebuild!  

wolfpriest101

Nurse Miasma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:00 pm
Urgh, yeah the admins tend to do things half a**. My friend had a ninja headband and penguin slippers (along with a few other mc's) when he got hacked but the admins only replaced his coco and CN scarf.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:20 pm
OMG, dude if theres any thing i can do ta help ya out let me no!!!

P.S. I no how ya feel xD, On my old account it took me 5 moths to get a katana. Then.....My account was gone!!! i couldn't log in or find it on search. it suxs we all no, but ya cant let it get to ya man!!!!! Who cares wat ya look like!!! And ill give ya some stuff.

iExstasy

wolfpriest101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm
Nofx_Penguin

P.S. I no how ya feel xD, On my old account it took me 5 moths to get a katana. Then.....My account was gone!!! i couldn't log in or find it on search. it suxs we all no, but ya cant let it get to ya man!!!!! Who cares wat ya look like!!! And ill give ya some stuff.

Thanks man anything would help but dont feel that you have to do anything, just knowing im not the only person makes me feel quite a bit better ^.^ any hints on how to make sure this wont happen again would be great!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:29 pm
wolfpriest101
Nofx_Penguin

Thanks man anything would help but dont feel that you have to do anything, just knowing im not the only person makes me feel quite a bit better ^.^ any hints on how to make sure this wont happen again would be great!
Well, When people ask ya for your account info NEVER, EVER, give it away ^^. And dont click on links people send you that say your logged out of gaia (They call it a keylogger, I use it on people that have been haxed xD).  

iExstasy

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:35 pm
aww huggles! Good on you for not getting too down about it, remember its just pixles (and a whole lot of invested time >.<)  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff