Senators- appointed by Atherton
Dawit
Nobles-
Fox  

LadiSilverfox

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:42 pm
~ heart ~ heart ~Currency~ heart ~ heart ~

Copper coins are the lowest value of coin much like our penny. However being a poorer world the Copper coin stretches farther and would be equal in value to our dollar. They are rudimentarily pressed with the profile of Former Emperor Andrius Karsten II.
Silver coins 1 silver coin = 50 copper coins. They are rudimentarily pressed with the a running mustang a topped by a the Oxnam's legendary Chief Tohaiee (toe-hay-E), who signed the signed the contract in which resulted in the peaceful living for the Oxnam on the Oxnam continent, above his head in one hand he holds a pipe.
Gold coins 1 gold coin = 10 silver coins = 500 copper coins. They are simply melted down and pressed into disks. They have no picture or design on them because 99% of gold coins have been bite or bent to prove it's worth.
Gems vary in value. Usually worth 1-10 gold coins, the government suggests trading gems in only through authorized appraisers or risk getting ripped off.

Authorized Appraisers:

They are men or women who are well educated in barter, recognition and appraisal of metals and rocks and have been deemed as loyal and honest by a community. Their office is located on the premises of the Keep in or near any towns.
With additional education appraisers can also become notaries (and usually do), able to stamp and seal documents with an official stamp of Ainsley City Senate. Three copies of documents are always sealed, 1 for the user, 1 for the Keep storage, & 1 which is sent to Ainsley City for storage.
Documents that are often notarized- large sales of goods between citizens or countries, weddings, deaths, court judgments/sentencing, rewards claimed. None of these are required by law, however many people make use of this service for validation or for proof should they feel it may be useful later. There is a small cost to document notarization however this cost is split between the notary and the Keep for document upkeep costs.
Appraisers are also allow to repair old coins. If they have a press and materials (kept in the Keep and also controlled by the Noble owning the Keep) they have been authorized to renew money to keep the circulating coins in circulation longer.
All Appraisers must be certified in Ainsley City, classes are expensive and takes 4 years to certify. Many towns and villages select one or two young people of promise and all donate to help certify them for the sake of the town.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 pm
~ heart ~ heart ~Order of Addran~ heart ~ heart ~

Addran is considered the most renown Gods. He is the Father of Creation, the Lord of all collected wisdom, keeper of peace and thought to bring strength to those who need secrecy.
Members of the Order of Addran are usually easy to pick from a crowd. They are most often seen traveling in large groups, long white hooded robes drape them from head to toe. High Priests or Priestesses wear white robes with highly decorated with elaborate gold and silver trim around the hood, edge of the sleeves, down the slit in the front leading into the bottom edge and each arm has two down facing arrows in the trim as well. Honored and selected members of the Order of Addran walk the world alone, they are said to be collecting more knowledge for Addran. They are easily discerned from other members due to his/her distinct white robes green and brown banded trim around the edging of the hood, mid-arm band, and edging on the two front pockets. Brown stitched x's down the front slit and a large brown backpack.
To attack or steal from any member of the Order of Addran is one of the only crimes that is considered an instant death penalty. By command of Addran himself members of the Order of Addran may not interfere during an attack on another, they may not use their knowledge to heal or protect someone who is not part of the Order of Addran, they may not flirt, have sexual contact or marry anyone outside the the Order of Addran.
Two of the Continents are held by the Order of Addran, non-Order members may not travel to the Continents of they will be killed upon arrival, smited by Addran himself. The same is said for any of Addran's temples, however there has never been a reported case of a non-member finding the location of one.
No one may request to become a member of the Order of Addran, they say you must be born into their society because once you have been taught violence you can not remove it from yourself.

~ heart ~ heart ~Order of Addran~ heart ~ heart ~
( The Truth)

Addran is the name of the closest country to the Islands of the Mysterious Past. Thousands of years ago the Islands were fought over by many nations trying to make their empires a little larger and a little richer. However after trying to colonize they soon discovered that the Islands were nothing but a waste of money. That was when the Emperor of Addran, Lokesh, began to buy off the Islands off the other countries for what they felt was extremely generous considering that the Islands were useless to them. Emperor Lokesh than began to place building and actors to live as if they were in different times during their own history. He began to use them as tourist attractions. He invented the Order of Addran to make it clear who was a visitor and who was a worker. The Islands of New Thanos and Kontos were set aside for visitors who wished to stay for more than one day. The plateaus of Strephon are artificial they are actually the outer shell of a grand hotel. They have a protected harbor, a coral reef for diving, mountains for skiing and forests for bird and animal watching.
However the workers began to rebel, they didn't like their work hours as they had to stay there almost all year round. The Emperor had all of the workers families shipped into the Islands of Mysterious Past than had his strongest Mages place a thick magickal boundary around all the Islands, reinforcing them with great and powerful monsters.
Emperor Lokesh locked the Islands off completely. They sat for nine hundred years before Emperor Esacant discovered the secret text in which Lokesh admitted his guilt of what he had done on his death bed. Esacant looked farther into the history of the Islands of Mysterious Past. Taking his Mages they placed on the robes of the Order of Addran and began to walk through the Islands. The Emperor was quite surprised at his discovery, while not all of the original towns and societies where still around the people on the islands had created a full working world. It was even better than the original tourist attraction. So he reopened it slowing reintroducing the Order of Addran to the people of the Islands.  

LadiSilverfox

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 pm
~ heart ~ heart ~Deity System~ heart ~ heart ~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:29 pm
~ heart ~ heart ~Underground Societies & Cults~ heart ~ heart ~

LadiSilverfox

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:30 pm
~ heart ~ heart ~Monsters, Creatures & Plants~ heart ~ heart ~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:44 pm
List of Things in the Work:

~More Feats
Add More Level One Feats
Add Magic Use Feats
Add Advanced Skill Packet Feats
Define Prereq's*

~Martial Arts Proficiency
Define Martial Arts Kits For Different Styles

~Magic Types & Spells
Add More Magic Types
Add 5 Spells per Magic Type
Add More Spells*

~Equipment
Add More Magic Armor
Add More Magic Weapons
Add Alchemical & Magic Items
Add More Items*

~Deity Systems
Add Polytheistic System(s)
Add Monotheistic System(s)
Add Underground Societies & Cults (both founded and unfounded)

~Flora & Fauna
Add Monsters
Add non-monster animals
Add non-monster plants

~NPCs
Add Bandits
Add Army/Town Guards
Add Town People
Add Random Enemies
Add Random Adventures/Mercenaries/Heroes
Add Important People In Town/City
Add Nobles, Senators, etc.

~Outer World
Develop More Information For The World Outside The Islands*

*To Be Done In First Play Tests  

LadiSilverfox

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:49 pm
redface Bump for Ideas redface  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 pm
eek That...is a ton of info, Ladi. I'll need some time to read it all through, but once I have, I'll definitely give you my opinion biggrin  

Xanatos Forever

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:22 pm
Xanatos Forever
eek That...is a ton of info, Ladi. I'll need some time to read it all through, but once I have, I'll definitely give you my opinion biggrin

Thank you Xan, I appreciate it. As of late my mind has been running dry, but also there are things like Martial Arts I just don't know about. I figure it is best to ask people who do so that I can best represent the different forms in my stats.

I know it is kind of information overload sweatdrop however I wanted people to really know what was going on in my head with this. *gives Xan a molten chocolate cake for his help*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:17 am

The problom with all systems like this is that it is not simple to use. It's looks complex at first glance, and it takes time to learn all of that crap you need to play.

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:41 pm
Saverio C.

The problom with all systems like this is that it is not simple to use. It's looks complex at first glance, and it takes time to learn all of that crap you need to play.

It looks a lot more complex than it is (if you have never looked at a game system before) because I posted everything I had. I am hoping that people will not be feel they have to swallow it all at once, but maybe help me hack away at little bits- things they are good at or understand better than me.

There are some people that have had a lot more experience with systems like D&D than I have, or understand the differences between various martial arts, or have one or two ideas for some really good/unusual creatures and monsters.

But part of the reason I started this system was because my friends and I were playing a thing we deemed "D&D lite"...which could be fun (but infuriating because of changing rules and thrown together plots with giant holes week to week). However the character development was based on a system my ex-boyfriend was working on...it was hard for one of my less experienced gaming friends to understand. This is going to be set up in a 3 ring binder once it is all done so that they can move the character leveling information to the front with their character sheet so they aren't getting lost or flipping or always needs help. I am trying to keep the descriptions of what things do and why to a very simple and easy to understand wordings....
There will always be a learning curve for every game system, I just want mine to be a easier and less stressful game to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:28 pm

LadiSilverfox

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:40 am

New Content Added!

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash