Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What should i do?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

if my computer is slow, what should i do?
  Steal money from your mom and buy a new computer
  Something technical......
  Kiss the computer untill it is happy and works faster.
View Results

oORentonOo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:03 am
angel_half82
Spread chunky peanut butter in your internet vents! And your done!
lmfao  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Hmmm well, it depends on whats wrong with it =P

Mine is slow too its because I need more ram and a new graphics card and, Well, I need more hard drive too rolleyes Those could be some of your problem, you could also maybe have a virus, Do you have any programs that download music? Like limewire or something, that could also be making your computer slow.

Theres so many reasons it could be slow =  

Alexsis M

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:01 pm
Buy extra ram. Merry Christmas  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:05 pm
bluegrass cat
stare

i say, go through and delete anything you don't use anymore. ((music, massive vid files, random programs you downloaded, used once and then forgot about)) then refragment, if that doesn't work...

then grab a bunch of blank cds and save all your important files onto them and then restore your system. 3nodding sometimes your comp will run slow because there's just too much junk on it, but sometimes they run slow due to bit rot, and a system restore will fix that. heart

hope that helps ((although i voted for kissing the computer cause you need to LOVE the computer! whee ))

I suggest doing what she said too, It really does help to defragment your computer, it brings all the files that are scattered out closer together, to make your computer run faster.

Also try doing a disk clean up
Click on Start> All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup

Also, Disk Defragmenter is in there too. Just incase you didn't know where that stuff was, You probably already knew, But just incase you didn't there you go wink

Hope this helps!  

Alexsis M

HellKnight Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:24 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Buy extra ram. Merry Christmas

God if i only had the money for more RAM... *dreamy sigh* but alas i will have to wait until i'm old enough to get a job crying (209 days, 5023 hours, 301416 mins as of 11/12/07 @ 3:20 PM in Salt Lake City) XP  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:52 am
Sell yourself to a sect and give them all your property. Then you won't have anymore problems, they will take care of everything for you.  

KOS-MOS-04

gabrielalolita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 am
oORentonOo
if my computer is slow, what should i do, i know most of you are gonna say,"Buy a new Computer" take that one of the list cuz i aint have the money XD.
poor u, go to the library! heart Many their computers work faster!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:48 am
bluegrass cat
stare

i say, go through and delete anything you don't use anymore. ((music, massive vid files, random programs you downloaded, used once and then forgot about)) then refragment, if that doesn't work...

then grab a bunch of blank cds and save all your important files onto them and then restore your system. 3nodding sometimes your comp will run slow because there's just too much junk on it, but sometimes they run slow due to bit rot, and a system restore will fix that. heart

hope that helps ((although i voted for kissing the computer cause you need to LOVE the computer! whee ))

I think this is the best way. But also delete your cookies, temp internet files, and history. That may do the job as well. Because all that junk slows your computer down. You can use a program called CCleaner which takes all that junk out. Its free. If you do all these things your computer maybe back to normal. ^^ Hope this helps. blaugh  

Timper

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

XxSexi_DemonxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:06 pm
you can clean ur comp by wiping everything out the only thing that sux is pograming everything u had back on the comp. but that worked for one of my other comps that was been slow.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 pm
Do you have any unnecessary programs you can uninstall?

Something like that would be great.  

Erikz_Firah

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas