Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Superstitions in your family :D (New Poll) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have any superstitions?
  Yup
  Nope
  Maybe >:D
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:42 am
Deimoz - we do the sage one too ^_^ but thats because i am shaman XD my nan was too and the list goes on so they use to burn sage ^_^ or we hang it as well.

But as for birds i am not too sure, we dont keep windows open lol, our cat brought one in but that was by force so didnt think much of it smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 am
@chianachan- "bread and butter" I never heard that one. rofl

@Crimson Sonata- aww I like kangaroos. XD

@Deimoz- I think I heard about the sage before and the bird one reminded me of another superstition in my family and it's the one that if you see a black butterfly someone you know has died or is going to die I don't believe in this one either, though I did see 3 black butterflies and I had gone to like 3 funerals, but they weren't people I knew so it doesn't count...

@kaze no sakura- I don't believe in them either, but I do find them interesting. 3nodding  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:58 am
I wouldn't call my family's superstitous, more like paranoid. I can't go to any of my favorite websites without them thinking that the computer will get viruses and blah blah blah. The only superstition I have is my good luck cat charm above my door! I pet it nearly every day before I leave for college. ^_^_^_^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:03 pm
Angelic_highlights: Do you us a feather to move the smoke too? Just asking because that is how we do it. I've only helped my mom burn sage once.

As for the bird thing. I wrote it wrong >.< lol It's if the bird hits your window. I know I'm lame lol. We've had that happen only once and like a week or so after my cat died.  

Deimoz

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:10 pm
@Hanku Royiaki- Oh that reminds me of the lucky rabbit foot. gonk Poor rabbits. crying

@Deimoz- Oh it was if it hit the window. xd
Sorry about your cat. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:26 pm
Ouch. I don't really believe in all of that. I've heard that you pick up a penny on the ground and it was lying on heads it's supposed to be all day long good luck. My friend also once told me that if you pick up a penny and it's lying on tails, and you turn it over and give it to someone, then the both of you are supposed to have good luck. I also have picked up quarters lying on the side of the road and called them my 'lucky' quarter. -shrug-  

Haha6977

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 pm
Awww yeah I forgot about the lucky penny, but I never heard about it that way. My boyfriend is always leaving his pennies around. I'm always bugging him about it cause I feel like he should save them, but it's funny when he leaves a bunch in the lunch tables and we make a run for it like its a bad thing...I'm not sure if that's weird. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:46 pm
Nah, not weird at all. Course, I don't spend many pennies though too.  

Haha6977

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:00 pm
My family doesn't have any really. Which is good cuz I don't like being paranoid about stuff like that. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:09 pm
@shinsevenx- xd I don't spend them either, but sometimes they do come in handy. blaugh

@TheBlueWarrior- Me neither that's why I don't believe in them...I'm still a bit paranoid though. xp  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Deimoz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:08 pm
MissMunchieMonster: Awww thanks for caring. We are ok now and also I don't know if this of topic but we also believe in spirits, and my mom has seen her around the house.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:24 pm
User Image Never Let Yourself Fall....

I think the only things that my family believes in are the penny luck, missing ladders, broken mirrors, lucky rabbit's feet, and the four leaf clover. But I don't believe in most of it. The only real thing that I actually have in my room is a dream catcher from when I was little. I used to have really bad nightmares when I was little...

.... Spread Your Wings And Fly. User Image  

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:43 pm
bluegrass cat
we throw salt over our left shoulder if we spill any. 3nodding

we also believe that if i attend a university of kentucky football game, or watch it on tv, or listen to it on the radio, we will lose. crying sucks, but i'm extreme bad luck for the wildcats...

we DON'T believe in friday the 13th though, because i was BORN on a friday the 13th, and therefore its not a bad day. heart

If you are bad luck, then how can you not want to blame it on the friday the 13th thing? (My mom was born on Fri. 13th, she's got to be on the saner side of our family. I wouldn't call that bad, but maybe being raise with her brother would suck... he's awesomly nuts, but I don't think anyone could handle it 8 years streight.

SugarRyu
Crimson Sonata
I LOVE STEPPING ON CRACKS....except when there's a plumber. Gross.

xd

Nah. My only superstition is that kangaroos are the root of all evil. ******** 'roos.

Plumber's crack... -looks at Ratchet and Clank suspiously- My superstition is that Sunkist will give you cancer and if the Cubs win a world series the end of the world will surely come. whee

I've got to disagree, Sunkist is awesome, fanta is evil. And I don't give a s**t about sports so the lives of all sports and sports fans will meet thier apocolpyse leaving only the sane, boring people? (LMFAO, me, sane, ROFLMAO!)

MissMunchieMonster
@chianachan- "bread and butter" I never heard that one. rofl

@Crimson Sonata- aww I like kangaroos. XD

@Deimoz- I think I heard about the sage before and the bird one reminded me of another superstition in my family and it's the one that if you see a black butterfly someone you know has died or is going to die I don't believe in this one either, though I did see 3 black butterflies and I had gone to like 3 funerals, but they weren't people I knew so it doesn't count...

@kaze no sakura- I don't believe in them either, but I do find them interesting. 3nodding

I like the blue and black butter flies, much prettier, my cats think so to, they try to use more the the pretty ones than the ugly ones to decorate the porch and walkway. whee

Deimoz
Angelic_highlights: Do you us a feather to move the smoke too? Just asking because that is how we do it. I've only helped my mom burn sage once.

As for the bird thing. I wrote it wrong >.< lol It's if the bird hits your window. I know I'm lame lol. We've had that happen only once and like a week or so after my cat died.

That's just becausee the cat isn't around to kill/scare/chase the birds.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:24 pm
@Deimoz- It is, but that's ok. I have like 4 cats, I love them all, but I think I would freak if I saw them after they died. sweatdrop

@Lyss The One In The Back- I really like the dream catchers, but I've never gotten one. See them a lot in Florida flee markets.

@Metalic_Noodles- I haven't seen a black butterfly (or any other color) in a long while. I have fake ones in my walls though, they have dots that glow in the dark. whee  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

mileena_07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:12 pm
-If you dream about fish, then someone's pregnant  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff