Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hindu Temple Experience Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yesh Pleeez.
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 pm
yup and when they are done they destroy it. I saw them making it, it must take years and years to master it, the detail is incredible and one false move >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
yup and when they are done they destroy it. I saw them making it, it must take years and years to master it, the detail is incredible and one false move >.<

One false move...

CAPLOOEY!  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:44 pm
I believe the sand pictures are called mandalas.

They pour the sand on through tubes, that they rub with a stick. The vibrations make the sand slip out.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:52 pm
yeah that sounds about right. Thats what it looked like when i saw it. I wonder what they do with the sand though? I assume they use it again, but how do they reseperate the colours?  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:28 am
Midori Hayashi
Before I go on, I would just like to say that I respect the every culture, and in no way am I trying to offend anybody. Please don't take my opinions personally. Ok? Ok. heart

Why should anybody be offended? You thought a intricately carved temple wrought entirely of marble and gold was beautiful. Who wouldn't?

Taking another's honest opinion as a personal assault only makes you look a bit foolish and, if that opinion happened to be that you were somehow inferior, you've only reinforced that opinion. Now, if you'd said something like "Some dot-heads built one of there heathen prayer-centers in our pure town" I think we can all agree we'd have all sworn we'd audibly heard your I.Q. plummeting to the ground.

Keeping in mind that I am aware that Hinduism is Indian, I liken it to this;

Asian culture was relatively sepperate from outside influence for about 1000+ years. As such, we see religion, architecture, secular culture, and even martial form and weaponcraft different from all the rest of the world...

Now, indiana culture was not quite so isolationist, but it is still relatively mis-or-not understood by outsiders, and so we cannot help but be drawn to such an exotic thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 am
Hindu's I'll tell ya are amazing people. I'd love to see a Hindu temple and I'm glad to see there's one here in the US, but maybe I'll go the Far East to see another one. XD  

Hanku Royiaki

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces