Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Why the big Deal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:33 pm
See, the main group of people who are against gay marriage and/or gays in general are the heavy Christians. However I find this to be very ironic to hear this from Christians. See what book carries the verse saying "marriage is between a man and a woman"?

The Old Testament. And who wrote the Old Testament?

Judaism and its Jews. Who are Christians to follow a Jewish-made "holy-law"?

It's psychotic. I mean, the only way I am against homosexuals are the ones who break the law(s) in their state that prohibit gay marriage, and I don't want a gay man to hit on me, for sure. *shudder* AND I truly can't help but feel uncomfortable when gay men get that flamboyant accent going on. *shudder* It just creeps me out. However, I must admit lesbians are cooler. Not meaning to be sexist and I'm certain some straight women would feel the same with gay men. Lesbians/bisexual women are pretty fun to hang out with. So, I guess this is just a bland viewpoint fueled by a natural bias of being a man. XD

Homosexuality is cool by me....just don't hit on me. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:07 pm
most religions borrow bits from each other. if thats what the christian bible says, then thats what it says, i doubt it matters who wrote it  

Iconised Ghost

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:14 pm
The only book the Christians wrote was the New Testament. The Jews wrote the Old Testament back when the human race was at its lowest. In the words of Lewis Black, "We were savages at best. We were 10 hairs away form being baboons for f*ck's sake!"

Judaism and Christianity. BIG friggin difference.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm
yes but my point was that the bible is the chosen christian text. Thats what they have gone by for centuries, its been their point of reference for centuries. So it doesn't make a difference now who wrote it  

Iconised Ghost

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:39 pm
Ummm....yeah....it still does matter. Sure we Christians may learn from the Old Testament, but the differences are still there. The God in the Old Testament, the Jewish God, was a real p***k. I mean literally almost the entire book he's pretty much acting like..."I CAN SEE EVERYTHING YOU DO!! AND I'M GONNA KICK YOUR F*CKIN a**!!!" Moses, Abraham, and the book of Job are primary examples of that. Where as the New Testament's God, the Christian God, is a very loving and forgiving God. The only reason we have the Old Testament is like you said Christianity spawned from Judaism, so in technicality terms and to sound like a smart a**, it looks like a disclaimer for the New Testament. It really does.

You can say origins don't matter, but oh yeah, for realists and smart-asses like myself, it really is ironic and hypocritical.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:59 pm
as a tool for justifying or explaining certain beliefs or actions of the "hard core christians" the origins of the bible dont matter

Hanku Royiaki
The only reason we have the Old Testament is like you said Christianity spawned from Judaism

i didnt say that sweatdrop  

Iconised Ghost

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:06 pm
Iconised Ghost
most religions borrow bits from each other.

So what bits did Christianity borrow from other religions?

But I'm drawing the line at your last post. You say it doesn't matter, I say it may not but it's there and looks funny. Difference in opinion, thus I'm done with this topic.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:12 pm
Hanku Royiaki
Iconised Ghost
most religions borrow bits from each other.

So what bits did Christianity borrow from other religions?

But I'm drawing the line at your last post. You say it doesn't matter, I say it may not but it's there and looks funny. Difference in opinion, thus I'm done with this topic.

I dont know, im not a christian. But I didnt mention Judaism at all. Im saying it doesnt matter as far as justifying certain beliefs goes (which is how it is relevant to this topic). Of course it is relevant to the history of the religion as a whole, but thats not what this thread is about so I stayed away from that  

Iconised Ghost

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:15 pm
Probably a good thing that you didn't, because I may have gotten carried away with it. lol XP  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:36 pm
lol we have to try and stay on topic for at least the first 2 pages xd  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Sexuality's not a choice, in my experience. The choice is whether to act on it or not.

i was so about to say that! 3nodding

i mean, okay all you little straight people, do YOU wake up every morning and go "gee, think i'll like a person of the same sex today!"? uh, no, ya don't.

whee

and as far as people of the same sex coming on to moi, i'm all for it! its like, the ultimate compliment! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 am
Hanku Royiaki
See, the main group of people who are against gay marriage and/or gays in general are the heavy Christians. However I find this to be very ironic to hear this from Christians. See what book carries the verse saying "marriage is between a man and a woman"?

The Old Testament. And who wrote the Old Testament?

Judaism and its Jews. Who are Christians to follow a Jewish-made "holy-law"?

It's psychotic. I mean, the only way I am against homosexuals are the ones who break the law(s) in their state that prohibit gay marriage, and I don't want a gay man to hit on me, for sure. *shudder* AND I truly can't help but feel uncomfortable when gay men get that flamboyant accent going on. *shudder* It just creeps me out. However, I must admit lesbians are cooler. Not meaning to be sexist and I'm certain some straight women would feel the same with gay men. Lesbians/bisexual women are pretty fun to hang out with. So, I guess this is just a bland viewpoint fueled by a natural bias of being a man. XD

Homosexuality is cool by me....just don't hit on me. XD

No gay guy I have ever known has had that "flamboyant accent" you're talking about. That's an overused stereotype. How many gay guys have you actually met?

And you know, those "prohibit gay marriage laws" shouldn't even exist. If I wanted to get married but couldn't because the state said I couldn't get married, I'd break the law too. Being straight doesn't make a difference in the fact that you want to be married.

Another thing, is that is the thing I hear most from guys: g0d plz dont hit om meeh! stare Gay guys aren't like in the movies and TV, people...well not all of them, they're as diverse as anyone. A guy isn't going to run up to every hot guy he sees and grab his a** just because he's gay. Do you hit on every pretty girl you see and make them uncomfortable or harass them? I hope not.

I guess I'm defensive and huffy because I find gay boys to be adorable ^^  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:08 am
im not sure if you can break the law when it comes to gay marriage, because wouldnt it just not be recognised as a marriage? There's probably some legislation that makes it against the law i guess in the US. Do you guys allow civil unions at all?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:56 am
I won't even pretend to know anything about politics. At all. But there are several states in the US that outlaw gay marriage (I believe my state is one of them, sadly).

And because our country defines marriage as being between a man and a woman or some bullshit.  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 pm
oic. Over here they can get a civil union, and have all the legal rights of a marriage i think but Im not sure if they can actually get married  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff