Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I know a lot of you aren't religious but... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:15 pm
Iconised Ghost
yeah thats one explosion i'll be glad to miss

miss nothin'! its happenin' SOON!!!

don't you watch discovery?!? xd it could happen RIGHT NOW AS I'M TYPING! the loudest explosion in recorded history! millions killed by unending winter! tens of thousands covered in LAVA!!!

dramallama dramallama dramallama

seriously, it could happen right now, next week, 50 years from now. they dunno.

what they DO know is the lava's on the move already though...its moving the lake. whee that's so ******** cool!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:20 pm
lol i meant i'd miss it because im on the other side of the world xd but it sounds like i may not even escape it even then  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:28 pm
Iconised Ghost
lol i meant i'd miss it because im on the other side of the world xd but it sounds like i may not even escape it even then

pfffft.

nope, no one is escaping.

you'll be able to HEAR THE BOOM from wherever you are on the whole damn planet!

crazy, right? whee

and the plumes of ash and junk spewed up into the air will cause the skies to go all greyish-black for like, a decade or something.

basically, if you live in a 3rd world country, you're ********. and even if you live in "one of those fancy countries", you have an 85% chance of being ******** ((at least!)).

oh, and EVERYWHERE on the planet will be covered in the ash. oh, and acidic rain...and sulphuric acid will be chillaxing in your lungs cause you like, breathe in the ash and then it combines with the liquid in your lungs and makes sulphuric acid.

really, they explained it all on the special. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:42 pm
i dont think we got that special (im pretty sure aus/nz discovery is different to US discovery as far as programming goes)

Well, yay for living underground? xp  

Iconised Ghost

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 am
[Tsukasa567]
Personally, I don't think that you have anything to worry about, most of the time those estimates are way overblown, I mean, anyone remember Katrina? They were predicting tens of thousands dead if I remember correctly, and the actual number was far less than that.

But yeah, earthquakes, despite all the knowledge we seem to think we have, remain a mystery to scientists, considering that they can't say when it's going to happen until after it's already begun. So don't worry your pretty little head Lily, things will be just fine.

That's true, but I still don't want to be here when it happens, thank you very much. We have a bunch of students concentrated into one area...

I'd rather be home when Mt. Rainier finally blows its top ala Mt. St. Helens.

And thanks for the support, everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:11 am
Lily the Pink
[Tsukasa567]
Personally, I don't think that you have anything to worry about, most of the time those estimates are way overblown, I mean, anyone remember Katrina? They were predicting tens of thousands dead if I remember correctly, and the actual number was far less than that.

But yeah, earthquakes, despite all the knowledge we seem to think we have, remain a mystery to scientists, considering that they can't say when it's going to happen until after it's already begun. So don't worry your pretty little head Lily, things will be just fine.

That's true, but I still don't want to be here when it happens, thank you very much. We have a bunch of students concentrated into one area...

I'd rather be home when Mt. Rainier finally blows its top ala Mt. St. Helens.

And thanks for the support, everyone.
I don't blame you, you have to be pretty sick to want to be around when a cataclysm hits. 3nodding  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Irukus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:30 am
domokun As far as i know, the only force capable of destroying the planet in unending winter is either a meteor or a multi-nuclear explosion ninja according to the same discovery channel that spoke about yellow stone park blowing the ******** up said, if my memory serve. a volcanic explosion no matter how big cannot create a endless winter for the world domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 am
Irukus
domokun As far as i know, the only force capable of destroying the planet in unending winter is either a meteor or a multi-nuclear explosion ninja according to the same discovery channel that spoke about yellow stone park blowing the ******** up said, if my memory serve. a volcanic explosion no matter how big cannot create a endless winter for the world domokun
I want to say that the special actually said that it would cover North America with ash to the point where pretty much anyone not living in Florida would be in serious trouble, and from there, the ash would cover the Earth for a little while. Also, I thought that the volcano there wasn't supposed to actually spew forth magma, it was more of an explodey volcano, although I haven't seen the special in some time now.

Not nearly endless, but enough to mess with the climate. Can you say "Cure for Global Warming"?  

tsukasa_the_quiet

mittemitte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:02 am
Lily the Pink
Pray for me and everyone else in Utah.

http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/0,5223,635199749,00.html

In other words, Utah is in no way prepared for a 7.0 earthquake along the Wasatch fault. And guess what? I currently reside in the Wasatch Valley. gonk

They're predicting 6,200 dead and 90,000 injured.
...and kirara speaks...

u want us to pray 4 u... despite ur sig? o.O

It's not over yet, there's more to come

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:25 am
[Tsukasa567]
Irukus
I want to say that the special actually said that it would cover North America with ash to the point where pretty much anyone not living in Florida would be in serious trouble, and from there, the ash would cover the Earth for a little while. Also, I thought that the volcano there wasn't supposed to actually spew forth magma, it was more of an explodey volcano, although I haven't seen the special in some time now.

Not nearly endless, but enough to mess with the climate. Can you say "Cure for Global Warming"?

Temporarily covering the earth in ash is possible domokun because in south africa they found ash that came from a eruption in India i think domokun but seriously a cure for global warming would always be welcome  

Irukus

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 am
Irukus
[Tsukasa567]
Irukus

Temporarily covering the earth in ash is possible domokun because in south africa they found ash that came from a eruption in India i think domokun but seriously a cure for global warming would always be welcome

stare i said a decade. not forever...

and its "global climate change", not "global warming", since some areas of the earth will actually be COOLER than they are now if we continue down the same path we're already on.

and in the special it said that large SHEETS of magma and lava and whatnot would jet up out of the earth for as much as a week before the ACTUAL explosion began. so yes, idiots would be covered in magma.

again stare

of course there's no such thing as an "endless winter". even snowball earth didn't last forever. the world is constantly changing and the weather is always in a state of flux.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:55 am
so...im safe? mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:58 am
6Kirara9
Lily the Pink

In other words, Utah is in no way prepared for a 7.0 earthquake along the Wasatch fault. And guess what? I currently reside in the Wasatch Valley. gonk

...and kirara speaks...

That would be a joke from Jeff Dunham's "Achmed the Dead Terrorist"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:59 am
Thank God I live in New York City.....Right? I'm safe, right? I hope so. domokun  

Timper

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 pm
Lily the Pink
6Kirara9
Lily the Pink

...and kirara speaks...

That would be a joke from Jeff Dunham's "Achmed the Dead Terrorist"
Silence, I keel you!!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items