Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Milk and Cookies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you're Happy and You Know It...
  I'm never happy...grrr
  *clap* *clap* Yes! I'm happpeee!! weeheeee!!!
  huh? -.-
View Results

Irukus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 am
bluegrass cat
santa with the red suit, big jelly belly and sack o' toys is an original american tradition, as is the leaving of the cookies.

its spread worldwide, though...but still...

ITS AMERICAN!!!

scream

we always did milk and cookies @ mi casa when i was little...chocolate chip with frosting because THOSE are santa's favorite!

when we have little ones ourselves, we'll put out peanut butter cookies because then THOSE will be santa's ((angel's)) favorite. 3nodding

I am not 100% on this but i am pretty sure Santa is a british concept, if i remember correctly a drunk guy stumbled out of a bar, looked up at the sky and saw a fat old guy in red cloths, riding with flying reindeer domokun but i never left out food for santa, its not a tradition in south africa to do that ninja History of Santa claus  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:41 am
Well my professor said that Santa Clause was designed by a German for a coca-cola advertisement and that drawing became the image that we have of santa.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Irukus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:44 am
MissMunchieMonster
Well my professor said that Santa Clause was designed by a German for a coca-cola advertisement and that drawing became the image that we have of santa.

Not really, if u read the link i sent then it explains that Santa has many origins, like the dutch " Sinterklaas " resembles Santa Claus Alot domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:47 am
The origin of the look of Santa or Santa himself? ninja
xd I'll look it up on the link you gave.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:47 am
Irukus
MissMunchieMonster

Not really, if u read the link i sent then it explains that Santa has many origins, like the dutch " Sinterklaas " resembles Santa Claus Alot domokun
Wikipedia has a really good article about Santa 3nodding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa

Haha you already posted that link xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:49 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Irukus
MissMunchieMonster

3nodding thats the same link i posted, i have nothing personal against americans talk2hand they should just stop thinking they invented everything, because the only thing i know they invented was condensed milk talk2hand  

Irukus

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:52 am
lol condensed milk? xd

I didn't say an american invented santa, but I'm not american anyway so whatever. xd

(I want to try sushi now, Thanatos! whee )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:54 am
Shifting the subject domokun heart i also want sushi for i have never tried it before, so please get me few too xd  

Irukus

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:56 am
Yes sushi naoh! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:59 am
Irukus
Thanatos Phoenix
Irukus
MissMunchieMonster

3nodding thats the same link i posted, i have nothing personal against americans talk2hand they should just stop thinking they invented everything, because the only thing i know they invented was condensed milk talk2hand
Santa was created my alot of people so no one can really take credit for him 3nodding

I was suprised how easy it was to make sushi, the only hard thing is the rice 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:08 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Irukus
Thanatos Phoenix
Irukus
MissMunchieMonster

Santa was created my alot of people so no one can really take credit for him 3nodding

I was suprised how easy it was to make sushi, the only hard thing is the rice 3nodding

santa with his jolly a** rolly polly self WAS invented by americans.

like, the FAT santa was.

he was modeled after robber barons, but was supposed to be a "reverse robber baron" so that people would stop thinking all industry was evil and would start buying s**t again...i saw it on "christmas unwrapped" last night on the history channel. 3nodding

and as far as the reindeer and such, that came from some minister who wrote "t'was the night before christmas" for his children ((he was promptly fussed @ by the church, too, because santa was considered too secular for christmas)).

and rudolph, of course, was invented by montgomery ward ((a department store)) to sell s**t. 3nodding

now, saint nick and all that, yes, that's european. 3nodding but he was a skinny a** old guy who put presents in good little childrens' shoes and whatnot.

don't trust wiki! its teh devil!!! scream

and americans invented a lot of things besides condensed milk. stare i'm not saying we invented the world, but we invented a lot ((especially since america has for a long time been a place of refuge and asylum for creative geniuses from other countries. 3nodding yay melting pot!))

((btw, for example: bifocal glasses, revolvers, power tools, roller skates, barbed wire, THE TELEPHONE, friggin light bulbs, electric fans, skyscrapers, cameras, escalators, air conditioners, airplanes, radio astronomy, nylon, microwave ovens, defibulator, polaroids, carbon dating, calculator, the hubble telescope, the internet ((ha)), the human genome project and the cervical cancer vaccination.))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:43 am
i thought the big jolly fat santa was created by coca cola as part of their advertising. Or maybe that was a myth  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:57 pm
Hey Sheer Immortal, when you say "500g to ride his sword"... pirate

EDIT

And we did that ONE time...the milk and cookies; not the sword...  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff