Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Item Values Dropping...? O.o WTF? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

retarded?
  quite
View Results

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:21 pm
Iconised Ghost
You said that price increases with demand. Which means that if the price goes up, the demand goes up. Surely thats not right?? I never took economics, but that makes no sense to me
Yes, you're right. That's what I was trying to tell her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:25 pm
Oops. Well that's not what I meant...I didn't mean price going up was the CAUSE of demand rising in any case, I meant it was an effect.  

Pachelbel Canon

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:26 pm
Iconised Ghost
You said that price increases with demand. Which means that if the price goes up, the demand goes up. Surely thats not right?? I never took economics, but that makes no sense to me
It's not so much logic as emotion. If something good goes up in price, it triggers an instinctual response to grab what you can before it's gone for good. Because after all, surely you wouldn't charge MORE money for something unless it's numbers are dwindling, right...

At least, that's how the general thought process usually goes...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:32 pm
i suppose its quite complicated. People want to grab it because price is rising, but surely its got to plateau at some point. And that would be a minor effect compared to the general rule of price going up=demand going down? Hmmm  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:39 pm
Ah, but demand doesn't always go down with price. If the item in question is particularly popular and is not likely to ever lose that popularity, it may well become unattainable to most due to the steep price but attract the attention of the Gaia Millionaires. They'll then start buying them to sell at a later date, when the price goes even higher. In such cases, it would take a LONG dry-spell in purchases of the item before it started to drop. At least, that's how I understand it. You might want to ask somebody in the vendors guild if you want a more expert opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:41 pm
Nah economics drives me nuts, its why i never took it mrgreen its basically common sense with some trickery thrown in  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:43 pm
Nyeh, it'll sink in on it's own over time, whether you realise it or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:04 pm
I dunno, its been going over my head since i was 15 xd  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:43 pm
So how old are you now...? 18?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:37 pm
Well from my point of view (as a buyer) it's obviously not a bad thing, but as a seller it is incredibly frustrating to find that an item that I've saved and is supposed to sell for a certain amount suddenly drops a lot.

I can't complain now since I'm not selling anything worth much...  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:49 pm
You won't believe this one, then...

I was looking around the market, clicking on stuff, you know; just blowin' time, since I don't have anything exhorborantly valuable that I'd ever sell. Well, I found that little chest-thingy in the house menu, and you know what I found? 5 Donation Letters! A Jan 06, two Feb 06, a May 06, and an Apr 06!!! I just traded one of the February letters for a katana! I'd squeal, but I'm afraid my throat might bleed if I let out the full force of my joyful-ness! I think I've found the solution to a certain problem mrgreen ...

EDIT

Oh, and I found a bunch of trash (literally). I suppose I outta do something with all that stuff; I've got enough dead trees to re-populate of forest in there...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:55 pm
Officer Hot-Pants
So how old are you now...? 18?

oh to be 18 again xd

i know what you mean about the trash. Its almost enough to make you want to give the stuff away. Almost mrgreen im such a scrouge  

Iconised Ghost

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Yeah, no intent to be intrusive with the whole age question. Man, you start to feel proud of yourself for collecting so much after a while though. I got 396 Ciqadas, and I wouldn't trade those thigs for anything less than a new Coco Kitty.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:13 pm
Officer Hot-Pants
You won't believe this one, then...

I was looking around the market, clicking on stuff, you know; just blowin' time, since I don't have anything exhorborantly valuable that I'd ever sell. Well, I found that little chest-thingy in the house menu, and you know what I found? 5 Donation Letters! A Jan 06, two Feb 06, a May 06, and an Apr 06!!! I just traded one of the February letters for a katana! I'd squeal, but I'm afraid my throat might bleed if I let out the full force of my joyful-ness! I think I've found the solution to a certain problem mrgreen ...

EDIT

Oh, and I found a bunch of trash (literally). I suppose I outta do something with all that stuff; I've got enough dead trees to re-populate of forest in there...

All of that?!!! I officially despise you!...JK
Anyway, all I've ever found around is the blue gift box and back when I found some I ended up opening them, but I learn to save them and sell them (cause with my luck I know I ain't getting anything good...pessimistic much, I know). Last time I sold one I got enough gold to go on a spending spree. whee I can't wait to find another one.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:16 pm
Yeah, that little discovery probably counts as the 2nd best christmas gift I've gotten in years, even if I DID really pay for it myself in truth... mrgreen  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff