Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Lord, not this! [UPDATED Surgery RESULTS] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dentist/Orthodontist?
  MUST KILL
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm
Having teeth pulled after you have had braces on is apparently not as bad as having them pulled if you haven't had braces, because your teeth are looser than usual because they have been constantly moving slowly in your mouth. Or so my ortho said (but who believes orthodontists right?)

You had them pulled 5 mins ago? eek wow, typing was the last thing on my mind when i had 2 of my teeth pulled. Dont believe all the horror stories, if your teeth are bad enough that you would like something done about it then go for it. My experience was that braces are uncomfortable to mildly painful after they are put on or tightened, having teeth removed is an experience i could go without but wasnt painful, just scary, and the end result is worth it whee getting the letter that says you dont have to go anymore is fantastic, it feels really good to stick with it and get the results  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:50 pm
This One had to have his two front teeth pulled out with spoons, AFTER they couldn't numb them.

No braces/cavities/retainers, etc though, so This One found some joy.

HellKnight Azrael

Artanus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:07 pm
Jesus, I cannot stand all the equipment they shove up there. But I know its all for the best. It only hurt the first week or two anyway.

In recently had my expander taken out. You don't know pain until you've had that, and tightened it each day.
Plus you can't eat anything but mashed potatoes for a week, and then you have mashed potatoes stuck up there for two weeks. It's really the only thing that makes it partway through. Other than soup. I tried making soup the day after I got it, and I got so frustrated at the expander I threw the pot across the kitchen into the sink

Whats the point of your thing anyway. It looks like it's hardly doing anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:15 pm
I had a couple wisdom teeth out. Both on my chewing side. Two days before Thanksgiving gonk

The procedure itself wasn't all that, but the lead-up to it sucked a**. I was freaking right out, I tell you what eek And the afterwards sucked, too. But I'm fine now and will continue to be (food used to get stuck in the tooth that was exposed, and then it'd infect the gum below - the tooth that they had to cut out was all rotted out because of the food that got stuck in the other one), and they gave me the teeth to keep xD

I hope your orthodontist stuff works out okay 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:24 pm
My dentist is pure pwnage, it's only scary the first time you go there because of all the stories, but even with the needles, the first time you feel a really small p***k but from the second time on you won't feel a thing anymore...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:43 pm
Sheer_Immortal
I had a couple wisdom teeth out. Both on my chewing side. Two days before Thanksgiving gonk

The procedure itself wasn't all that, but the lead-up to it sucked a**. I was freaking right out, I tell you what eek And the afterwards sucked, too. But I'm fine now and will continue to be (food used to get stuck in the tooth that was exposed, and then it'd infect the gum below - the tooth that they had to cut out was all rotted out because of the food that got stuck in the other one), and they gave me the teeth to keep xD

I hope your orthodontist stuff works out okay 3nodding

See when teeth are rotten I kinda feel better about it. Its like, they're cause more trouble in than out. But when teeth are perfectly healthy it makes it harder to put myself through that. Hence why my wisdoms arent going anywhere whee  

Iconised Ghost

MR FRICKEN MUGGS

Romantic Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 am
My dentist creepy I once here screams eek eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 pm
pow67

Please. The only people who scream at the dentist are little six year old boys and girls. Dentists are professionals that don't get off on stabbing you in the mouth.

And for god's sake, form decent sentences.  

Artanus

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:25 pm
I do two things and I do em both wrong

I don't eat candy
I don't go to dentists.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 am
I just went back yesterday, and he re-bent my appliance. Then he kind of creeped me out when he said,
"Ma'am, we have your phone number, correct? I will see that I personally call you after the surgery to make sure you survived."

lol, I know he was kidding, but the whole 'call you' thing freaked me out, because he is just a creepy person.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

ilikefoxes

Dapper Gekko

3,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:45 am
My parents made me go to the orthodontist on my birthday. My freakin birthday man!!!! I couldn't eat my own cake cause my braces were hurting me so bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:45 am
Artanus
pow67

Please. The only people who scream at the dentist are little six year old boys and girls. Dentists are professionals that don't get off on stabbing you in the mouth.

And for god's sake, form decent sentences.
bahahaha! i just laughed out loud xd but anyway, when i had my first tooth pulled i was about 5 or 6 and i spent like the whole car ride trying to convince my dad that it didnt need to be pulled....sufice to say he didnt budge. i was really nervous so when it was finally my turn to go in i started balling my eyes out, and when he finally got in my mouth i started thrashing so my dad, and the nurse had to pin me down.....screaming and crying are not good things to here in a dentist...i hope i didnt mentaly scar anyone into never going to that dentist again sweatdrop  

Benjamaninja

angels-on-earth-are-rare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:52 pm
My dentist is my godfather. He was a friend of my mom's from school... It took me a long time to outgrow crying and creaming; even now I'm still squeamish. I can't help it... It's just the taste/anticipation that kills me. I mean no offense but having your mouth feel like a balloon for the rest of the day is not fun. And he calls the checkups and appointments my 'birthday presents', literally. And with needles, I can handle them now, but when they have to take blood, that I start crying over.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:43 pm
This has reminded me that I have to go to the dentist. stare  

angel_half82
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:58 pm
angel_half82
This has reminded me that I have to go to the dentist. stare

Good luck. stare

I have my appt on Friday. Save me!  
General Discussion