Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
OMG! Heath Ledger is dead D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HEATH!!!
  Noooooooooo!
View Results

Drift Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:11 pm
Damn, well that sucks. So stupid, he even has a daughter, why the ******** would he do something so retarded?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 pm
His family is saying that it wasnt suicide, so maybe he didnt do "something so retarded". Dont be so quick to judge

My fav role of his was in 10 things i hate about you as well 3nodding it was my fav teenage movie, so his death feels almost like the end of an era  

Iconised Ghost

Black Shamshir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am
OMG, really? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 am
He was also in "A Knight's Tale." The thing that gets me is that he was only 28. He was so young!  

Annikaya

HellKnight Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 am
>>> Dear God.

It's celebrity death over-dramatizing this one sees, AGAIN.. and just when they finally had finished whining over Anna-Nicole Smith. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was a shutterbug who did it for some time away from Britney.

>>Personally though, I say down with the celebrity class altogether.

SRSLY. JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE IN SHOW BIZ YOU'RE NOT SUPERIOR.

I've said my piece. dramallama <<<  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 am
Yeah, it's weird b/c while I was reading about Heath Ledger, I ran across something about how they are already preparing Britney Spears's obituary. Sick stuff to be sure.  

Haha6977

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 am
Thats really sad gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:55 am
I know, it's really sad. They think it was only an accidental overdose.  

Lily the Pink

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:35 am
drugs are bad.
..cake is good.

..so is spacecake neutral?
...explains why i didn't feel anything last time...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:44 am
Shin Seven X Omega
Yeah, it's weird b/c while I was reading about Heath Ledger, I ran across something about how they are already preparing Britney Spears's obituary. Sick stuff to be sure.
Not really. Newspapers and other news venues keep a stash of prepared obituaries for famous/accomplished people on hand. That way, when the people die, they can get the news out ASAP along with a list of the person's accomplishments instead of having to jump up and research/write them when the person dies.

Like, if they didn't have the prepared obit, and the person died in the middle of a huge news-week, then they might not have the time to put out a professionally researched and well-written obit, and they'd have to go with a rushed piece of crap instead. It looks better for the news-people and is more respectful to the dead if their obit isn't filled with typos and factual errors.

Plus it gives newbie reporters something to do besides covering neighborhood bake sales 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:24 pm
and just after they finish Batman too.

Wiki says they still don't know if if was suicide or not.

I actually haven't heard of him until he was casted for the Joker in batman.

But you know what? I don't care. His life does not affect mine in any way, so ultimately, I don't really care.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm
Yeah, I can understand people not really being all that affected. He just really was my favorite actor. The only thing that's annoying me now is people bitching about celeberties. Yeah, they're famous, but they're people too who have families that care about them (along with fans but they're obviously not as important as family).  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 pm
Goddess Ace
Yeah, I can understand people not really being all that affected. He just really was my favorite actor. The only thing that's annoying me now is people bitching about celeberties. Yeah, they're famous, but they're people too who have families that care about them (along with fans but they're obviously not as important as family).

True, but I don't think that was mephisto's point. He just meant you shouldn't be any different from average people who die every day.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:20 pm
Goddess Ace
]-Wandering-Raven-[
who the hell is heath?

...waS..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/

Probably known mostly for his lead in Brokeback Mountain.

nah probably more famous for A Nights Tale....but omg! its so sad when good looking people die....especialy ones who wanted to be knights! gonk  

Benjamaninja

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:22 pm
Artanus
Goddess Ace

True, but I don't think that was mephisto's point. He just meant you shouldn't be any different from average people who die every day.

Well, I'll be honest, I'm not going to be upset over the death of some old lady. Nor would I care if say, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise died. I'm only going to care if I liked that person, regardless if they're famous or not. My annoyane was more directed at a few people in school today >.>  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff