Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Ex Girlfriends Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
  Whatever...
View Results

Ashon_Superior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:21 pm
O really?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:26 am
being a friend with an ex, I guess in my mind i cant be friends after breaking up with someone because the more i see of that person the more I want to hurt them, incredibly enough I have a very stupid rule I stick by, if things end with a girl, I just move on, and Im not able to speak to them again, even before things start thats something that I lay out in the open, it works for me but I guess it could be said that this condition itself is a little childish. neutral  

Chris de Medich

LeeAnnaa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:22 pm
yeah i dumped my ex boyfriend because like he was always so like lovey dovey and soo protective like Oh My Gosh!! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:40 pm
******** hate exes, or at least the only one that I've had, after I broke up with her, she only became more and more clingy and annoying, until I finally told her that we weren't dating and she needed to realize that. She finally decided to leave me alone tonight.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Ashon_Superior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:02 pm
Wow, now that i think about it maybe i'm too lovey dovey with my current gf, i'm border line clingy i guess...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:15 am
Clingy can be good in some ways. It definitely shows that you're attached to the person you're with, and it doesn't leave much room for her to have doubts about you. But at the same time, too much clinginess can be overbearing. I suppose it just depends on the person you're with.

It might not necessarily be that she misses you, though. She might just be saying that she wants to go back to being friends because she needs closure, especially if you were the one to leave her. That's another common thing. I've done that before. I kinda bothered my ex for a bit afterward because I wasn't completely over him. But once I came to terms with the fact we weren't "meant to be" I was alright. But it was a really. . . difficult time, I guess.

I would say it's alright to go back to being friends. Let her get what she needs, just so long as it doesn't bother you or your current relationship. I'd also suggest that you talk to your current girlfriend about it so that she doesn't get the wrong idea. If my boyfriend were to suddenly start hanging out with his ex, I might question some things. But that's just me and my opinion. It's just something you'll need to look over and consider for yourself.

Arianna Reece

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:15 am
I think Arianna's had one of the smartest responses so far.

I personally don't mind clingy "lovey dovey" guys. I'd rather have that than I guy who doesn't seem to give a ******** about you any day.

EDIT: Also, I'm friends with my ex-boyfriend. But I have a feeling that if I broke up with my current boyfriend we probably couldn't be friends afterwards. Not that we don't get along, and aren't good friends now...it's just that things are pretty intense, and I guess, of course, it would depend on the circumstances of the break up...

It seems to me that the more intimate you were with your boyfriend/girlfriend, the harder it is to be friends with them after you break up...that's just in my experience though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:08 am
I agree with that, about it being harder the more intimate you were. . . I dated a guy for two years, and then I broke up with him because I just wasn't happy with it. All we ever did was fight, and it was terrible. Ugh. But I can still tolerate him and talk with him, but it's a lot harder than if we had just dated for a few months.

x.x

And then of course, it depends on how the relationship ends as well. There was a guy I kind of dated for a while, but then he slept with one of my [ex] best friends, and now I don't talk to either of them. So I think that plays a factor as well.

Arianna Reece

Ashon_Superior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm
Thanks for all the input.
and i finally got around to adding a pic of me on my profile, check it out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm
chianachan
I've never had a girlfriend =)
I do know some girls who might wish to be my girlfriend.. sweatdrop

Hey baybeh. wink xd

All kidding aside...

Go ahead and be friends...if the relationship makes you too uncomfortable get out if it.

Dana Pixie Stix

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:23 pm
I make a point to only date friends.

That way, we can continue to be friends.

I'm big on forgiveness and letting things go lately.

and, in fact, the boyfriend I was closest to [intimately] and I are still wonderful friends :]

really. Its not that hard far as I can see but I don't know, I guess I'm different.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
I make a point to only date friends.

That way, we can continue to be friends.

I'm big on forgiveness and letting things go lately.

and, in fact, the boyfriend I was closest to [intimately] and I are still wonderful friends :]

really. Its not that hard far as I can see but I don't know, I guess I'm different.

im the opposite, because i know that i take rejection and break ups badly if i date friends i could really lose a lot of them  

Iconised Ghost

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces