Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:21 pm
Thaliat Everwood
Oh, another bright ray of sunshine! *rolls eyes at GTR*

She wasn't looking for special treatment...I suspect that was what inspired her to write her poetry in the first place. It is a good way to cope with bad things (and good things). Poets seem to need an assignment or inspiration to start writing anything that will have value to themselves.

No she was looking for people to be like "Oh you're so strong" or "Cancer is SOOO terrible" or "Wow look at how much I can suck your proverbial d**k because you had a disease that literally ever human being on the face of the earth develops at one point or another"

The sentence should have ended with "Back in '98" There was really no need to spout off anything else. If she really NEEDED to say ANYTHING she could have said "when I was ill".  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:23 pm
So she's not allowed to specify her illness? Lol?

Whatever the intention, I saw it as a perfectly acceptable explanation for the cause of her writing dark poetry in her early years as a writer.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0

No she was looking for people to be like "Oh you're so strong" or "Cancer is SOOO terrible" or "Wow look at how much I can suck your proverbial d**k because you had a disease that literally ever human being on the face of the earth develops at one point or another"

The sentence should have ended with "Back in '98" There was really no need to spout off anything else. If she really NEEDED to say ANYTHING she could have said "when I was ill".

Or she just is proud of the fact that she's a cancer survivor. Nothing wrong with that. She beat the odds, I see no reason for anyone to be in her face about it. I have know a lot of people who died of cancer personally. It sucks and is really hard to survive. I've been told that the treatments feel worse than the disease. I'm not going to give her flak for mentioning that she started writing her poetry when she was diagnosed with cancer. It is valid, and it doesn't mean she is fishing for special treatment. She's just self validating.

It's a good thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:47 pm
Thaliat Everwood
God-The-RapistV2.0

Or she just is proud of the fact that she's a cancer survivor. Nothing wrong with that. She beat the odds, I see no reason for anyone to be in her face about it. I have know a lot of people who died of cancer personally. It sucks and is really hard to survive. I've been told that the treatments feel worse than the disease. I'm not going to give her flak for mentioning that she started writing her poetry when she was diagnosed with cancer. It is valid, and it doesn't mean she is fishing for special treatment. She's just self validating.

It's a good thing.

What odds did she beat? Cancer odds? What are those? Like the survival rate? How the hell would you even know that? Different cancers have different survival rates. In fact some cancers aren't even life threatening. You don't even know what kids of cancer she had and already you are trying to validate her annoying self love.

I've also known people to die with cancer. Like most of my family. Eight people on my fathers side have died from cancer and my sister's grandmother died of cancer. She had it for years and didn't tell anyone because she didn't want anyone to treat her differently. She had to die before we found out.

Also what do you mean "the treatment". Not everyone gets Chemo ya know, there are alternatives and Chemo only works on some types of cancer.

Point being that she says "cancer" and all of a sudden people are validating her. It's disgusting.  

God-The-RapistV2.0

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:00 pm
Well, I write a lot of poetry, but mostly only my friend Steph sees it. She's a graphic artist, a type-setter, and generally plays with words and has this way of making my best poems into SHEER AWESOMENESS visually. And we are going to do a book. So only she sees those ones. MAYBE I'll get brave and post something, though. However, apparently nothing that would be too "emo"... or that make reference to a disease since those don't seem to be appreciated here rolleyes hee hee hee!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:00 pm
Hey, guess what you two, stay on topic. Poetry.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0
What odds did she beat? Cancer odds? What are those? Like the survival rate? How the hell would you even know that? Different cancers have different survival rates. In fact some cancers aren't even life threatening. You don't even know what kids of cancer she had and already you are trying to validate her annoying self love.

I work in a medical facility. I know the odds vary for different types of cancer. Pretty sure she wasn't writing poetry over a small bout of skin cancer. I have seen how devastating a diagnosis of cancer can be to a patient.

As for self love, I'll validate it for the healthy people too. It doesn't matter if you are diseased or not, if you want to validate yourself for surviving in this life, go for it! It sure beats being miserable about life, unless your emo. Emo kids like being miserable, it's who they are.

God-The-RapistV2.0
I've also known people to die with cancer. Like most of my family. Eight people on my fathers side have died from cancer and my sister's grandmother died of cancer. She had it for years and didn't tell anyone because she didn't want anyone to treat her differently. She had to die before we found out.

Yeah, it sucks losing loved ones. Skin cancer (not a big deal), and ovarian cancer (worse) are the most common in my family tree. There are others too, but not as prominent. It is awful to watch a loved one die from any disease.

God-The-RapistV2.0
Also what do you mean "the treatment". Not everyone gets Chemo ya know, there are alternatives and Chemo only works on some types of cancer.

I also know there are other options, but is is usually chemo. Chemo sucks to endure. Most of the cancer drugs do too. Also, chemo can kill a cancer victim fast than leaving the cancer untreated.

God-The-RapistV2.0
Point being that she says "cancer" and all of a sudden people are validating her. It's disgusting.

She could have said ALS or chronic pulmonary disease or CRF and I'd still support her right to self validate. I think you are the only one disgusted by it. Whatever, you don't have to like it. But I think you'll find few other people having any problems with it.

As for poetry, people are inspired to write by different circumstances. Who cares what the circumstances are, so long as they are writing! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:12 pm
Jaft
Hey, guess what you two, stay on topic. Poetry.

I did...see, I went back to poetry in my last post...and, technically, I did at least mention the word poetry in all my posts. Hey, that's good for me!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Poetry is sweet
and bitter too!

That was the absolute worst poem I have ever written!

This is better, it is called a pontoum (I think I spelled it right):

Addictive Conversation

Each silent splinter in the skin of the city
Drawing forth the blood of our mouths,
Carrying the precious juice
Through black veins

Drawing forth the blood of our mouths
Never ending streams bubbling from our lips
Through black veins
Words course overhead, unseen

Never ending streams bubbling from our lips
Feeding hungry ears
Words course overhead, unseen
Wooden needles feeding our addiction

Feeding hungry ears
Each silent splinter in the skin of the city
Wooden needles feeding our addiction
Carrying the precious juice.

Amanda L. Lashmit

Copyright ©2008 Amanda L. Lashmit

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:34 am
I'm sorry, did you NOT ask for comments? If you don't want bad feedback on a bad poem then don't post a bad poem. You can't get mad at us for giving you what you want. And learn to take criticism. The world is full of hate, and if you don't learn to take it you're going to wind up killing yourself.

Please comment =/= kiss my a**/suck up to me.

So grow up and don't b***h for getting what you want.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 am
Can I have everybody telling me how lucky I am to be alive today too? I mean Golly! I just love all the special attention I get when writing something!

rolleyes

I like to write stories more so than poety but I tend to randomly start to make a poem or lyric. It's rather annoying to waste papper on something really small and end up hating it later..
Although I agree it is a great way to get out feelings but being that art junky I am I get a better rush from art.  

Large Inmate

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm
GUYS.

I sense a lot of ASSWHOLERY coming from this thread.

STOP IT.

Kthanzx.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:42 pm
In no way was I being an a*****e, I was simply giving my comments, which is what she wanted. If she doesn't want the bad with the good then she shouldn't post "please comment". She should have said I don't want to hear anything bad about this.  

God-Raped-Me

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:45 pm
Guess what? Constructive criticism does not equal insults. Less attacks, more advice and sharing.

For both sides.

No more name calling.  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas