Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Crappy birthday to me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:09 am
Awiergan Resurrection
=D I turn 19 on the 30th. My parents came up this past weekend to visit me. Birthdays are pretty much pointless once you get to college, from what I've seen. I only get a few presents in the mail. It's a bit too far to go celebrate with my relatives like I used to.

Discuss: How birthday's get less fun as you grow older.

I turn 21 in march. Thats a real pain in the a**, because not only are you expected to have something big, you're also expected to pay for it. And then you ahve ot worry about who to invite, will people not turn up, or even worse-will people turn up, not talk to each other, and have a whole evening of awkward silence.

Like my sister says, "same s**t, different numbers"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:34 am
Well, happy birthday to ya....
I celebrate mines next month (Turning 21 YEAH!!!)
I never plan they always take a wrong turn....but whatever happens....happens...
So far my birthdays consist of parties only, no presents just money.... cool  

Sensoa

Snoopy McBeagle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:43 am
Happy Birthday!! sorry it kinda sucked but i do know what you mean my birthday was this last friday (i turned the big 20) and yeah it wasnt as big of a deal as in other years i guess it just kinda happens as you get older until you hit stuff like 40 and 100 and such and people make really big deals on those  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:03 pm
Iconised Ghost
Awiergan Resurrection
=D I turn 19 on the 30th. My parents came up this past weekend to visit me. Birthdays are pretty much pointless once you get to college, from what I've seen. I only get a few presents in the mail. It's a bit too far to go celebrate with my relatives like I used to.

I turn 21 in march. Thats a real pain in the a**, because not only are you expected to have something big, you're also expected to pay for it. And then you ahve ot worry about who to invite, will people not turn up, or even worse-will people turn up, not talk to each other, and have a whole evening of awkward silence.

Maybe it's different where I live xd Cause when I tell people I'm having a party they ask what to bring... so honestly I don't have to pay for anything unless I want to rent a place out, or some games or a movie or something xd  

churrlo

Benjamaninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm
Im only 14 and my birthdays are already boring...i get like one present (sounds ungreatful sweatdrop ) and a cake and thats about it...not too much celebrating really...*sigh* well...ill live  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 pm
wow sucks to get old apparently.
I wont get to the twenties in a couple of years...so watever comes with my last remaining birthdays before i hit 20 crying  

josskitty28

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:28 pm
churrlo
Iconised Ghost
Awiergan Resurrection

Maybe it's different where I live xd Cause when I tell people I'm having a party they ask what to bring... so honestly I don't have to pay for anything unless I want to rent a place out, or some games or a movie or something xd

usually that might be the case here too, but turning 21 is a big deal in NZ (as big as 40ths, 50ths, 60ths etc) so you are expected to do something big and receive expensive presents (its not unusual for parents to giv etheir kids cars on their 21sts for example). So since Im hosting it, im expected to pay. Well, they can buy their own booze >.< but dinner's on me  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:30 pm
Iconised Ghost
churrlo
Iconised Ghost
Awiergan Resurrection

usually that might be the case here too, but turning 21 is a big deal in NZ (as big as 40ths, 50ths, 60ths etc) so you are expected to do something big and receive expensive presents (its not unusual for parents to giv etheir kids cars on their 21sts for example). So since Im hosting it, im expected to pay. Well, they can buy their own booze >.< but dinner's on me

21 aye? Should I bring some Rum and Coke.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:34 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
churrlo
Iconised Ghost
Awiergan Resurrection

Yes xd Lots. Litre bottles r good. God knows i'll need it. Why didnt u bring it to my 18th dammit?!?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:36 pm
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
churrlo
Iconised Ghost
Awiergan Resurrection

Yes xd Lots. Litre bottles r good. God knows i'll need it. Why didnt u bring it to my 18th dammit?!?!

Cuz I wasn't legeally able to buy it here till Sepetember 1st, I too am 21. xd  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
churrlo

xd you should have come here, bought the rum, got completely wasted, and then flown back. You can buy it here from when you're 18 mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost
churrlo

xd you should have come here, bought the rum, got completely wasted, and then flown back. You can buy it here from when you're 18 mrgreen

It would be cheaper for me to just drive into Mexico. xd  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 pm
xd yeah but...we're better than mexico. And then you can share your rummies mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:12 pm
Iconised Ghost
xd yeah but...we're better than mexico. And then you can share your rummies mrgreen

Well thats true. I loooove rum. xd  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Iconised Ghost

Well thats true. I loooove rum. xd

me toooooooo 4laugh  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas