Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Ask the Admin - Failed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you see all the sheep-cult mules aksing for the HQ locations last AttA thread?
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
[Tsukasa567]
I think you probably should take the one about unbanning Trevor, it's a stupid thing to ask since it has nothing to do with the running of the actual site. >.>

I've seen dummer questions, you've seen those sheep mules right?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 am

Double post, because I just failed at a second AtA. Did anyone else try? I saw Lanser's post history and he didn't answer any. I'm about to update the first post, here's what it's about to look like.
On behalf of FG4PG:
>We can't right click and tab the items in the drop-down menus anymore, any chance this will be fixed? Soon? When? Do you have a deal with Microsoft to stop supporting Firefox properly?
>Why have you stolen even Leon from the GGN? WHYYYY???
>How will the GGN get thier summer update if not even one Developer is working on the GGN now?
>Have you guys ever consided rereading the Ask the Admin threads after you close them, like the next day, and answering questions that were skipped over? Either in an announcement or just another post in the thread, since I'm rather certain admin can post after they lock a thread. Or just a list of answers on the first post of the new ask the admin thread?
>These threads are AWESOME, who thought of them?
>When can we, realalistically, expect a guilds update?
>Please don't make the GGN into clubs.
>UNBAN Awiergan Resurrection WITH AN 'I'm sorry' GIFT OF DEMON HORNS!!!! ?
>Putting something in the TOS about cash shop items and being banned, How CAN'T they reemburse someone? Its basically stealing money from a user.
>Are the wild things based on the Golden Compass bears?
>Why can't we gift a flower from Daily Chance to brighten someone's day? (Or secret admirer fun)
>Purple eyes, will they ever be back as a base? Same question with the little pink mouth.
>Why can't I wear my kiki on my head, while my security blanket as a shawl. I think that one of the more odd layering conflicts.
>Directed to any of Gaia's staff: How did you know that this is what you wanted to do?

But I'll format it and use code to try a threory about making it more painfully ovbious to the admin, and breaking it up so that the list isn't as daunting. Remember guys, we all need to ask all of this stuff as much as we can until we get answers, or he figures out that he needs to invoke a one-post rule and answer questions the day after he closes the thread.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:11 am
Metalic_Noodles
[Tsukasa567]
I think you probably should take the one about unbanning Trevor, it's a stupid thing to ask since it has nothing to do with the running of the actual site. >.>

I've seen dummer questions, you've seen those sheep mules right?

~Metalic_Noodles
No, I don't go into SF even if I decide to go into the main forums.

Edit: Besides, if you're asking this on behalf of the guild, it makes the entire guild seem rather n00bish complaining that a user has been banned and should recieve their account back with a compensation for the banning.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:45 am

Okay, I took that one out.

It's not in SF, it's in the GCD. Except for last Monady, it was in the annaversary event forums.

I just added an update, you know, this would work better if more of us posted these in the AtA threads, and so when I miss these don't end up in the AtA thread at all. neutral

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:38 am
I have one or two possibly lol

----->

question one

Why is all your current developers working on the battle system where there is so many unfinished projects within gaia? For instance wouldn't it be more profitable and realistic to update the guild systems and allow guild leaders to use the gold they have accumilating in there guild for other thing's rather than just sub sections? as currently if guild leaders wish to run contests they must fund them themselve whilst money is just sitting dorment in the guild account. Also before working on the battle system or constantly adding to the cinema don't you think you should also work on the town concidering it is still in christmas time, was this overlooked?

question two

Concerning the gaia cash shop have you ever thought of actually allowing people to buy from there with gaia gold? and not just proper cash? concidering there is so many people on gaia under the age of 16 it is rare they could afford to get cash cards. Some people just do not have the right circumstances to afford one so i am wondering why you have never thought of allowing that as a possibility. Concidering the items inflate instantly as a substancial ammount and unfortunately some gaians once again cannot afford it and miss out.

question three

Why was the cars project worked on and finished before the battle system had even gotten halfway. Concidering we have been waiting for the BS ever since i joined and that was two years ago. It seems it has been thrown to the sidelines whilst new projects were being worked on and old ones which needed updates were being bypassed.

question four

Also what is with the restrictions to certain items accumilated from sponsers. i understand that they expressed there wishes that only americans and canadians recieve it but isnt that a little discriminating to everyone else who uses gaia? no one is better than the last and also it would be more profitable for them if everyone on gaia could get it. For instance i personally buy a lot of anime and games and because i saw the sponser profile i went out and brought the games and anime. So it seems like some gaians are being shafted even though there the ones also purchasing the sponsers products. have you ever thought about how it seems to fellow gaians?

question five

Why is there no pay by phone option for the uk? also why have you not placed cash cards in uk shops? not everyone can pay online so wouldnt it be wiser adding them to say HMV or something mainstream like that? also adding a pay by phone would be benificial for the uk.

question 6

Why are all gaias even main or non all hosted in america and surrounding areas. Why has it never come to the uk or europe? a lot of gaians living in these areas would actually want to go to it but obviously cannot afford to get a plane ticket just for that.

question 7

have you ever thought of holding other types of contests in gaia where people can win items which are very rare or too expensive to buy. For instance a contest where a angelic halo could be won or two. something along those lines to get gaians around the world interacting more within the community and out. Maybe contests at your events might be a good idea to get more of a following.

=====

right ok guys there is my two cent.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 am
#2 - They'll never do that, Ang. Instead of Gaia Cash Shop, they should call it Gaia Cash Cow xD If people could buy stuff with gold, then Gaia'd be losing out on a good chunk of change.

#3 - Probably 'cause the car thing was sponsored. xP It looks much less complex than the battle system would be, too. It takes a lot of time to design, create, and code for a one-person game, let alone an MMO.

#4 - From what I hear, it has something to do with having the license to advertise in certain areas. I dunno the exact details, but it's a legal issue, from what I can gather.

#6 - Short answer would be because Gaia's based in California. I read in one of the dev's journals that Gaia's barely breaking even, even with the Cash and the sponsor deals, so they probably can't afford to buy plane tickets to everywhere, either.

===

My question(s) would be along the lines of:

How effective has the MP tax been in removing gold from the economy?

Is it even close to keeping up with the amount of gold that's coming in?

Are there any other gold sinks in the works - for example, a lotto or something along those lines that's pay-gold-to-enter, but the jackpot for which is based on how much gold is spent on "tickets", and a certain percentage (say, 50%) of the gold paid into it is automatically deleted from the economy?  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 pm
None the less there good questions to ask. Concidering the products which are only allowed for the "usa and canada" i actually brought and i am from the uk so by them not allowing certain people items due to there location seems like a smack in the mouth when were buying the products.

As for the car thing it is completely pointless, oh we can race? what fun, id rather smack a pan into my face numerous times til i go numb. the battle system is something all of gaia has been waiting for and would have been better for gaia in the long run.

As for the cash shop not allowing gold to be used, then why not add a simple function to exchange gaia gold for cash shop gold, of course there would be a exchange cost but none the less that would be a better route for those who cannot get target cards or buy online. Means they wouldnt lose any gaia gold and also people would be getitng more interested in the cash shop

As for them not breaking the news that is there own fault concidering they actually keep themselve to the same locations insted of actually branching out elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:58 pm
Here's a good question:

Why is it that when you go to someone's profile curious as to what an item is and you click on it, it comes up item does not exist ESPECIALLY if its an evolving item?  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm
Oooo Some excellent questions!!

I've just updated the first post, if the catagories seem off to you, just tell me, the way I have them set up probably isn't the best way.

Angelic_Highlights, does this sound alright to you?
Quote:
Why are all of Gaia's events, main or not, all hosted in America and surrounding areas? Why has it never come to the UK or Europe? A lot of gaians living in these areas would actually want to go to it but obviously cannot afford to get a plane ticket just for that.

Angel_half, I've been wondering that too! I just figured who ever coded the profile messed up or something, I hadn't noticed any connection to evolving items.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 am
Angelic_Highlights
None the less there good questions to ask. Concidering the products which are only allowed for the "usa and canada" i actually brought and i am from the uk so by them not allowing certain people items due to there location seems like a smack in the mouth when were buying the products.

As for the car thing it is completely pointless, oh we can race? what fun, id rather smack a pan into my face numerous times til i go numb. the battle system is something all of gaia has been waiting for and would have been better for gaia in the long run.

As for the cash shop not allowing gold to be used, then why not add a simple function to exchange gaia gold for cash shop gold, of course there would be a exchange cost but none the less that would be a better route for those who cannot get target cards or buy online. Means they wouldnt lose any gaia gold and also people would be getitng more interested in the cash shop

As for them not breaking the news that is there own fault concidering they actually keep themselve to the same locations insted of actually branching out elsewhere.
Oh, believe me - I agree (especially on the car thing). I wasn't answering to shoot you down, but to...well...show off what little knowledge I have 'cause that's my ego-boosting method of choice >.> xD

I've been wondering that too, Angel. I have more problems with new items in general than older items, so maybe it's that the new coding (y'know, for the new items) has a hard time catching up? I dunno, just my working hypothesis xD  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 pm

I saw a raven and a bat on an avi I'd never seen before, and couldn't pull up thier info, not even there name when hovering over the equipt list.

I don't think the bat was the one from the vamp event, but it might have been.

Anyway, who else is planning to be online for this monday's Ata?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 pm
Lanzer's replies:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/searchposts/3/

Kirbyufo:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/searchposts/4145473/

Crazy spork am I:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/searchposts/392368/

fulltimefailure:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/searchposts/5700718/

I'll have to go through the thread to check for any other devs/admin, and check for answers to our questions, but so far I havn't seen any. Where is the rest of the guild?

EDIT: Does this answer the cash shop question? The person is just an AtA reg, not an admin, dev, or even mod.
Cube B
1. You agreed to the ToS. If you break the TOS, Gaia reserves the right to Ban you, and not reimburse you. Works like that IRL too.
2.Using Gold in the Cash shop defeats the purpose of having a Cash Shop, which is to keep Gaia from going bankrupt and closing.
3. Because no pay by phone service or store in the UK has made a deal with Gaia yet.
4. Because the sponsors often only have the rights for the US and Canada. Showing the quests internationally is infringement on the copyrights of the companies that hold the rights in other countries. Like, if Viz had a Bleach Manga quest, it would infringe on Jump Comic's rights in japan if the quest was made available there. Same thing with other companies. Plus, some movies are localized.

All of these are decided issues, I think.

EDIT2: I've updated the first post. That question I asked about wasn't asked because I didn't get the okay for it's modification, and the questions replied to in this quote weren't removed, and won't be, until the asker says they answered his/her questions, or an admin or dev answers them.  

Metalic_Noodles

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces