Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
to vote or not to vote, that is the question! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D: actually truth is Im just really lazy and I dont want to go..
  : / that is SOOOO un-American of you... oh wait D: ....
View Results

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 am
But girls are so much better at scandals. That's what kinda worries me. I mean, men usually get caught. But girls can do things in secret, and a lot of times [through personal experience] they don't get caught. Unless they're just horrible with such charades. That does tend to happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:10 am
I guess it depends on what kind of scandal you are talking about. Like, the one I mentioned before...yes, Clinton did get caught, but you can bet plenty of other presidents have cheated on their wives and got away with it. There are far worse scandals that could actually effect the whole nation, and those are the ones I would worry about, but what do you think Hillary is actually capable of as far as damaging scandals go?  

Pachelbel Canon

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:30 am
I'm not really sure what she's capable of. I don't want to underestimate her. She seems smart enough with politics, or at least she seems to know how to gain support. But like I've said, I haven't really been following closely, so everything I'm basing my judgement on is rather. . . questionable information. Just things I've heard from people or things I've picked up. I might change my opinion if I actually look into it, but I highly doubt it will change much. I'm not such a big fan of her. And Bill Clinton was a really good president, as far as his political stand went. He just has some problems keeping his pants on x.x  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:13 am
I'm not hating on Bill by any means, as far as what kind of president he was...what kind of person is a different story, I'm pretty closed on the subject of cheating on your significant other...call me old fashioned I guess. But yes, all I meant, was that you should really look at what kind of politician they are before you make judgements. The reverse is true too; a lot of people will vote for Hillary simply because she is a woman, and that's just as dumb as not voting for her simply because she's a woman.

It's the same with Obama. A lot of people will or won't vote for him just because of his race. Both of these candidates are pretty controversial, and I think it's dumb. People should treat these two just as they treated all of the
"old white men" candidates they did before them.

Pachelbel Canon

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 am
Arianna Reece
Yes, I haven't looked into it all yet, as I said. But I wouldn't feel as secure with a female president as I would with a male president. But that's just me. I do tend to be sexist, even though I'm a woman. I'm not sure why, but I have a certain distaste for women. Girls are scandalous x.x

Women are just evil, and guys are assholes. Personally, evil is a bit scarier.

Just ask any high school teacher what kind of fight they pretend not to notice because they are too afraid to break up, a girl fight or a boy fight?

Boys just punch eachother and then stand up and be on thier way for the most part, girl won't stop until they so choose, which isn't the moment a winner is obvious, usually after that, by quite a bit.

I so didn't realize this until my mom pointed it out, but...

HILARY IS A W.A.S.P!!! xd xd xd xd xd JUST LIKE THOSE OLD BORING GUYS.
White
Anglo-
Saxon
prodistant??? I think that's what wasp stands for... xp
~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:56 am
I still think Hilary would be better as a vice president than the president. Maybe that's oldfashioned, to have the woman supporting the man. Sometimes I think women go too far with their rights. And I'm not against women's rights or anything like that. God forbid I do that, but I mean. . . I look at all that women have accomplished, and lot of it is wonderful. But sometimes I think women have overstepped their boundaries. Cheating used to be something only men really committed, or at least it was something that men were more known for. But now, it's like, women are more or less known as tramps because women these days are more confident in themselves. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I am really old-fashioned when I think about how I want my country to be run. Hilary is good with politics, and I give her credit for her ideas and vision, however, I'm not comfortable with her leading us through this day and age. Especially coming out of the war in Iraq.

If she were going for vice president, yes I would vote for her. I'm all up for whatever ideas she has that are good. I'm all for making this country better. But there's a line that I'm not really comfortable in crossing yet. Women just have a different make-up than men. Men can make decisions a lot quicker than women, though not all women. But for the sake of generalization. Women analyze things, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if we need a decision, then we need a decision and not a personal debate. I'm just afraid that her female make-up will interfere with her power over the country. But then again, that's just me. I still haven't really looked into it yet, so I can't really say anything about her political stance. I don't really plan on looking into things until the election's been narrowed down to the two main candidates. I won't be able to vote until then anyway, so I figure it's pointless.

Arianna Reece

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:41 am
Arianna Reece
I still think Hilary would be better as a vice president than the president. Maybe that's oldfashioned, to have the woman supporting the man. Sometimes I think women go too far with their rights. And I'm not against women's rights or anything like that. God forbid I do that, but I mean. . . I look at all that women have accomplished, and lot of it is wonderful. But sometimes I think women have overstepped their boundaries. Cheating used to be something only men really committed, or at least it was something that men were more known for. But now, it's like, women are more or less known as tramps because women these days are more confident in themselves. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I am really old-fashioned when I think about how I want my country to be run. Hilary is good with politics, and I give her credit for her ideas and vision, however, I'm not comfortable with her leading us through this day and age. Especially coming out of the war in Iraq.

If she were going for vice president, yes I would vote for her. I'm all up for whatever ideas she has that are good. I'm all for making this country better. But there's a line that I'm not really comfortable in crossing yet. Women just have a different make-up than men. Men can make , though not all women. But for the sake of generalization. Women analyze things, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if we need a decision, then we need a decision and not a personal debate. I'm just afraid that her female make-up will interfere with her power over the country. But then again, that's just me. I still haven't really looked into it yet, so I can't really say anything about her political stance. I don't really plan on looking into things until the election's been narrowed down to the two main candidates. I won't be able to vote until then anyway, so I figure it's pointless.

:/ dude.. wtf are you talking about? Women over stepping their boundaries? what boundaries that havent been set up by ugly power hungry old men? and what you believe that only right now women have begun cheating? where the hell have you been the past oh i dont know... CENTURY?! lying and cheating are the human condition. All human beings lie and cheat, male or female its all the same. People have been lieing and cheating on each other since the dawn of time. Since the first group of cave people drew on caves.

men make decisions a lot quicker than women? Oh yea thats what I want in a president some one who makes decisions fast with out thinking. Look where the hell thats gotten us now? Great deal of help thats been. women analyze things so what maybe thats what we need. Maybe we need some one to set things aside and break things down because right now this country is waist deep in s**t.

I think its god damn ironic that your not willing to vote for a women because they lie and cheat right? but look at our president now! He lied to us and started a war no one wanted and our past president lied to us about something less important but still indeed lied. Explain to me here how a women could be any worse then what we have now?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:47 am
Knitterz
Arianna Reece

If she were going for vice president, yes I would vote for her. I'm all up for whatever ideas she has that are good. I'm all for making this country better. But there's a line that I'm not really comfortable in crossing yet. Women just have a different make-up than men. Men can make , though not all women. But for the sake of generalization. Women analyze things, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if we need a decision, then we need a decision and not a personal debate. I'm just afraid that her female make-up will interfere with her power over the country. But then again, that's just me. I still haven't really looked into it yet, so I can't really say anything about her political stance. I don't really plan on looking into things until the election's been narrowed down to the two main candidates. I won't be able to vote until then anyway, so I figure it's pointless.

:/ dude.. wtf are you talking about? Women over stepping their boundaries? what boundaries that havent been set up by ugly power hungry old men? and what you believe that only right now women have begun cheating? where the hell have you been the past oh i dont know... CENTURY?! lying and cheating are the human condition. All human beings lie and cheat, male or female its all the same. People have been lieing and cheating on each other since the dawn of time. Since the first group of cave people drew on caves.

men make decisions a lot quicker than women? Oh yea thats what I want in a president some one who makes decisions fast with out thinking. Look where the hell thats gotten us now? Great deal of help thats been. women analyze things so what maybe thats what we need. Maybe we need some one to set things aside and break things down because right now this country is waist deep in s**t.

I think its god damn ironic that your not willing to vote for a women because they lie and cheat right? but look at our president now! He lied to us and started a war no one wanted and our past president lied to us about something less important but still indeed lied. Explain to me here how a women could be any worse then what we have now?
Bush never lied to us, he just relied on information that was later proven to be false to justify his entering the war. Hey, you know, if three security agencies from different countries and my own were telling me something, I would tend to believe them. ninja  

tsukasa_the_quiet

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 am
[Tsukasa567]
Knitterz
Arianna Reece

Bush never lied to us, he just relied on information that was later proven to be false to justify his entering the war. Hey, you know, if three security agencies from different countries and my own were telling me something, I would tend to believe them. ninja
he Lied after though :3 you can find that anywhere.

Edit: to be more clear the whole time he was telling us that there were weapons of destruction there. There was no doubt that they were there and that Sadam was the one running things....

then we get there and find out ... nah not so much.. no weapons... and Saddam is in some hole somewhere.. and even after we get him it has little to no affect on the terrorists... So then we turn to our government and they tell us. Oh... well we never said that there WERE weapons... we said.. probably maybe kinda... you misheard us..

:/

Edit edit:

XD Knew after i posted that id piss off Kasa kun... or at least get his attention whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:04 am
Arianna Reece
Yes, I haven't looked into it all yet, as I said. But I wouldn't feel as secure with a female president as I would with a male president. But that's just me. I do tend to be sexist, even though I'm a woman. I'm not sure why, but I have a certain distaste for women. Girls are scandalous x.x

uh, margaret thatcher ((prime minister, uk)), soong ching-ling ((president/chairman of the people's republic of china)), vigdís finnbogadóttir ((president, ireland)), elizabeth kopp ((vp of switzerland)), mary robinson ((president, ireland)), ellen johnson-sirleaf ((president, liberia)), pratibha patil ((president, india)), cristina fernández de kirchner ((president, argentina)).

in the world, the following countries have had female heads of state ((excluding monarchies, but i will remind you of the greatest leaders EVER: elizabeth I and catherine the great)):

san marino, switzerland, ireland, liberia, philippines, argentina, bolivia, burundi, chile, ecuador, finland, georgia, east germany, guinea-bissau, guyana, haiti, iceland, india, indonesia, israel, latvia, malta, mongolia, nicaragua, panama, and sri lanka.

if you go to wiki and type in "female heads of government" you get 50 different entries.

the world IS ready for a female leader of the free world.

ALSO, in case you didn't already know, america has already HAD a female president, she was just an unofficial one. wink i'm speaking of course of edith wilson, woodrow wilson's 2nd wife who ran the country on his behalf while he recovered from a stroke so that the vp wouldn't have to take over the presidency.

heart

also, as far as the whole "did bush know or not know if there were wmd's in iraq" thing, there WERE several reports from military generals and the cia that stated that there WEREN'T any, but either bush or his advisors chose to ignore them.

so the question then becomes: was it bush or was it the people around him who didn't take in all the facts before acting?

and, i will NEVER forgive bush. NEVER. he sent angel and the boys into iraq with inadequate food and water rations, NO ARMOR for their trucks and no kevlar. he also declared the mission "a success" in the early days only because he couldn't afford to pay all the troops war pay ((which almost doubles their salary)). for the OTHER NINE MONTHS angel was over there, we got hazard pay and separation pay and that was it.

oh, and angel also isn't entitled to lifelong care from the va, unlike every veteran of every war before him. nice, huh? especially when you think of all the uranium they had to handle ((no, not from wmd's, from our OWN weapons)). who knows if ten or twenty years down the road, angel could develop some bizarre condition and we'd have to SUE to federal government for ******** up. scream  

WastelandMama
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:09 am
Knitterz
[Tsukasa567]
Knitterz
Arianna Reece

he Lied after though :3 you can find that anywhere.

Edit: to be more clear the whole time he was telling us that there were weapons of destruction there. There was no doubt that they were there and that Sadam was the one running things....

then we get there and find out ... nah not so much.. no weapons... and Saddam is in some hole somewhere.. and even after we get him it has little to no affect on the terrorists... So then we turn to our government and they tell us. Oh... well we never said that there WERE weapons... we said.. probably maybe kinda... you misheard us..

:/

Edit edit:

XD Knew after i posted that id piss off Kasa kun... or at least get his attention whee
Haha, just got my attention is all. Funny thing is that I don't particularly like Republicans, but I will defend Bush.

But we've known that he had WMD's for years, I mean, we had UN investigators in that hellhole for like, 5 years straight, so it wouldn't have been a stretch to imagine that he would have them. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:12 am
bluegrass cat
Arianna Reece

uh, margaret thatcher ((prime minister, uk)), soong ching-ling ((president/chairman of the people's republic of china)), vigdís finnbogadóttir ((president, ireland)), elizabeth kopp ((vp of switzerland)), mary robinson ((president, ireland)), ellen johnson-sirleaf ((president, liberia)), pratibha patil ((president, india)), cristina fernández de kirchner ((president, argentina)).

in the world, the following countries have had female heads of state ((excluding monarchies, but i will remind you of the greatest leaders EVER: elizabeth I and catherine the great)):

san marino, switzerland, ireland, liberia, philippines, argentina, bolivia, burundi, chile, ecuador, finland, georgia, east germany, guinea-bissau, guyana, haiti, iceland, india, indonesia, israel, latvia, malta, mongolia, nicaragua, panama, and sri lanka.

if you go to wiki and type in "female heads of government" you get 50 different entries.

the world IS ready for a female leader of the free world.

ALSO, in case you didn't already know, america has already HAD a female president, she was just an unofficial one. wink i'm speaking of course of edith wilson, woodrow wilson's 2nd wife who ran the country on his behalf while he recovered from a stroke so that the vp wouldn't have to take over the presidency.

heart

*high five* oh that was good cookies for you *showers with cookies* XD thank god there are more intelligent and articulate people in this guild then I  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 am
uh.

there weren't any wmd's in iraq.

NONE.

he had chemical weapons that we were aware of ((you might be too young to remember the puppy video. crying if so, count yourself lucky...)), but no nuclear weapons.

he didn't even have weapons grade plutonium or uranium.

i lost all respect for bush when he said "i mean, we're talking about the guy who tried to kill my dad!" rolleyes

cause i was like "uuuh, bin laden, remember? BIN LADEN IS THE BAD GUY! not saddam!"

now, do i think saddam was a bad man who needed to be removed from power? yes. but do i think the FIRST bush should've done it? oh yeah.

do i think its cool that the 2nd bush tried to fix what his daddy had just shoved aside? nope.

welcome to vietnam in the desert, my friends. our children's children's children will be fighting this ******** sad. neutral

edit: @ Knitterz: hey, i do what i can. heart i'm absolutely mad for world politics and american history. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:21 am
bluegrass cat
uh.

NONE.

he had chemical weapons that we were aware of ((you might be too young to remember the puppy video. crying if so, count yourself lucky...)), but no nuclear weapons.

i lost all respect for bush when he said "i mean, we're talking about the guy who tried to kill my dad!" rolleyes

cause i was like "uuuh, bin laden, remember? BIN LADEN IS THE BAD GUY! not saddam!"

now, do i think saddam was a bad man who needed to be removed from power? yes. but do i think the FIRST bush should've done it? oh yeah.

do i think its cool that the 2nd bush tried to fix what his daddy had just shoved aside? nope.

welcome to vietnam in the desert, my friends. our children's children's children will be fighting this ******** sad. neutral

edit: @ Knitterz: hey, i do what i can. heart i'm absolutely mad for world politics and american history. cool

XD oh i bet you flip out over this talk about going into Iran now ...

Edit:

XD I think we are kinda getting off subject now.. I guess it doesnt matter cause the primaries are over here.  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:23 am
Knitterz
bluegrass cat
uh.

NONE.

XD oh i bet you flip out over this talk about going into Iran now ...
She probably would =/ Bush trying to follow his dad's great reign.....is a big FAILURE  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff