Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
how come pluto isn't a planet anymore? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's a POLE! Run!!!!
  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 am

What's a meme?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:20 am
Metalic_Noodles

What's a meme?

~Metalic_Noodles
Dictionary.com defines a meme as: A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:38 am

huh? o.O??

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 pm
In this case a meme is a picture that's worth a thousand words. Or at least three.

Anyway, I don't care what they say, I ********' love Pluto. It'll always be my favorite planet wink It's my little pal.

Pachelbel Canon

Ravisher Santinka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:34 pm
Pluto is smaller then Ceres and Eros. Instead of adding Ceres and Eros to the system,they just disowned Pluto and felt that that was easier for everybody.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 pm
Im not a planet either and im not doing so much drama

but srsly, pluto is not only too small to be a planet, but is also its orbit is "sideways" compare to the other planets

scientist think that this is be cause planet wasn't made by the star dust that made the other planets of the solar system. instead is just a big meteorite that past close enough to bee cachet by the sun's gravity

Astronomers knew that pluto wasn´t a planet since 20 years ago but they didn´t tell the government be cause having an extra planet gives youmore money for investigation, but one horrible night this happened...

CERES: hey you science guy, we just been discovered, put us in the solar system map, quick please.

ASTRONOMER: what?
astronomic

EROS: That's right biatch, you better hurry up with those planet certificates

ASTRONOMER: haha, sorry guy but not every one can be a planet, the solar system, a solar system with 12 planets haha, most of the solar systems have just one or two, what would other intelligent forms of life would thing about us

EROS: WATH?!!

CERES: listen yo, we go around the sun, we as big has pluto, wich is a planed so we are God damn planets

ASTRONOMER: actually... do not tell to anyone, but pluto is not actually a planet, we are using it to get more money.

PLUTO:...is that true

ASTRONOMER: PLUTO!! HOW LONG YOU BEEN HERE??!!

PLUTO: is be cause, im not big enough, be cause I'm too cold, is be cause I can't turn my orbits well, IS BE CAUSE I'M FAT ISN'T

CERES: yeah looks like you lose a fight against the ugly stick

ASTRONOMER: SHUT UP...
..Pluto, is not your foul, is me, I didn't consider you feelings

PLUTO: NO YOU DON'T!!!
*runs crying*

ASTRONOMER: PLUTO WAIT

EROS: WTF?

CERES: wow, this looks like a job for Oprah

THE OPRAH SHOW...
NEXT WEEK: my father never told me I wasn't a planet  

TonaPollo

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 pm
What does it spinning on its side have to do with it? Doesn't Uranus spin on a sideways axis?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 pm
Well i still call it a planet. It's round just like the rest of the other planets  

jayjaystillhere

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:34 pm
lol, the moon and the sun are also considered "round" but were never classified as planets.

Don't get me wrong, I heart Pluto. I always want it to be a planet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:30 pm
here i come with mah edumacation skillz!

The IAU therefore resolves that planets and other bodies in our Solar System, except satellites, be defined into three distinct categories in the following way:

(1) A "planet" is a celestial body that: (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.

(2) A "dwarf planet" is a celestial body that: (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape2, (c) has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite.

(3) All other objects3 except satellites orbiting the Sun shall be referred to collectively as "Small Solar System Bodies".

there ya go. that's why pluto isn't a planet anymore. stare

((to be honest, i still don't get it, but whatever...))  

WastelandMama
Crew

MRBLONDE13

5,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:04 am
Ok the planet should have stayed a planet and plus dont worry about pluto, you should care about the earth more instead of trying to find a new home for the destrictaive beings that we are domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 am
MRBLONDE13
Ok the planet should have stayed a planet and plus dont worry about pluto, you should care about the earth more instead of trying to find a new home for the destrictaive beings that we are domokun

You realize that no one could live on pluto right?  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:19 am

Not now, but then again, it would take a few generations to even get there. And of course not with our current technology. But who's to say we can't pollute the air of another planet by burning everything there to keep an enviroment dome warm?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 am
Metalic_Noodles

Not now, but then again, it would take a few generations to even get there. And of course not with our current technology. But who's to say we can't pollute the air of another planet by burning everything there to keep an enviroment dome warm?

~Metalic_Noodles

As soon as you find something to burn on a big a** ice ball then burn to your hearts content.  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 pm
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

ah, pluto doesn't really HAVE air...

it does have an atmosphere, kinda, but whenever its orbit carries it too far away from the sun, the atmosphere freezes and falls to the surface of the planet.

also, its made up almost entirely of nitrogen ice and a lot of methane and carbon monoxide, so even if there WAS air, we wouldn't be able to breathe.

and if we could somehow 1) create the atmosphere needed and then 2) fix the air within the atmosphere on pluto, why wouldn't we just do that to earth??

also, there's the fact that neptune and uranus' gravity wreck havoc on it AND there's the issue of humans getting past jupiter's MASSIVE magnetic field...

heart  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces