Reply Community Lounge
Does sex really always complicate things? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheHellDevil

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:13 am
Kalstolyn, actually, that's where we disagree. I tend to believe that it's a lot better to have casual sex with a friend. Given clear and concise guidelines of when an agreement should stop and what happens in the case where one falls in love with other, and given that both (or more?) friends are rational and emotionally mature, the friendship is very unlikely to change.

Of course, I can only speak for myself. I have friends of varying maturity, age, sexual preference, etc. The only ones I would ever consider having casual sex with are the ones I already know to be mature. That said, it is highly improbable, at least in my case, to have casual sex change my friendship.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm
Kals is questing again!
Dude, you just agreed with me while saying you disagree... twice in a row.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

TheHellDevil

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:13 pm
How so? You mentioned that it was highly improbable to have casual sex with a friend without changing the nature of the friendship. I was saying that it's highly improbable for sex TO change the friendship. Or maybe something got misunderstood on either or both sides  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:38 am
In my experience, yes, sex can very much complicate things. It can come down to many reasons why, such as:

Sleeping with your best friend

Sleeping with someone if you or the other person is already in a relationship

Sleeping with your best friends ex girlfriend/boyfriend

Sleeping with your friends parent

Their are all kinds of ways to complicate sex. More ways then I just mentioned. The best way to not have uncomplicated sex is to have some control and do it with someone when you know it's right and you know their aren't going to be any problems. Then again, I guess in the end we're all driven by our animal instinct.  

Klous d-Arc

The Grandiloquence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:49 pm
To the OP,

Outward stimuli is not responsible for the response of the individual recieving said stimui. Our responses are based on our own choices. In turn, how one emotionally responds to sex, while in the confines of a relationship or not, is thier own fault. Granted, the overwhelming majority of people will allow the physical act of sexual intercourse to change the way they feel about someone, just as they allow the sight of thier love interest, the feel of thier kiss, and everything else about them change the way they feel.

The point, to me, is that they don't have to. They can allow the act of sex to be just as important as that one time they happened to open the door for thier date. The one who gives the sex all of its significance is the individual who feels how they do about it. I could have a complete opposite set of priorities, but then the question would become, "Does opening the door for your date always have to make the relationship more complicated?" The majority of society would say "no." The reason is that it isn't important to them.

Every person is responsible for thier own priorities and feelings.

That's my opinion...but I could be wrong...-^_^-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am
Kals is questing again!
I have to disagree -- humans have physiological and chemical reactions to sexual thoughts, behaviours, and outside sexual stimuli. Most of these reactions are totally involuntary and they DO affect a person's thought process and emotional state at least a little bit. The individual is responsible for how he or she ACTS ON his or her reactions, but has no way of controlling the reactions themselves. They are part of a biological process.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Grandiloquence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:42 pm
I can understand and agree with that. I don't have any information directly contradicting your claims, and they seem less extreme than my own.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Quote:
Is it truly possible to have sex that doesn't complicate things emotionally?
Can you have sex that doesn't ruin a friendship or create feelings?
Does sex always make things more complex?

Sex without emotional complications ?
That's what FWBs are.
Of course, I'd like to think that FWBs are a little stupid,
because it either says you're incapable of maintaining an emotional level of a real relationship,
or you're just shallow and in for the sex.
Either way, you're despicable in my eyes.

For women, it's hard to have sex with someone without creating feelings.
Ruining friendships ? I'm not so sure about that...
But women tend to attach themselves more emotionally once they've had sex, than men.
Women are a bit more horomonal, as everyone knows. wink

Sex doesn't HAVE to be complicated.
It's the way people think and feel that MAKE it complicated.
Having mindless sex is the way to go...
If you're for that, I suppose.

Yeonie

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out