Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I´m on my medz again.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You got allergies?
  Yes
  No
  A shitload of them!
  PW
View Results

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:39 pm
Lyss has a miniscule allergy to dust.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:45 pm
Lyss The One In The Back
Lyss has a miniscule allergy to dust.

Nice word, miniscule. xd  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:17 pm
Iconised Ghost
Mine arent too bad- pollen, rye grass, raw pineapple, kiwifruit, short haired cats, rabbits, some dogs, general animal hair apart from long haired cats (how bizarre).

I have asthma but i try to keep fit so its not so bad. I can tell when im getting out of shape because it starts getting worse. And i never take the preventative like i should (i dont know many asthmatics that do)
I'd dislike being allergic to pineapple or kiwi since I love them so much.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:20 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost
Mine arent too bad- pollen, rye grass, raw pineapple, kiwifruit, short haired cats, rabbits, some dogs, general animal hair apart from long haired cats (how bizarre).

I have asthma but i try to keep fit so its not so bad. I can tell when im getting out of shape because it starts getting worse. And i never take the preventative like i should (i dont know many asthmatics that do)

Meh, ive never known what its like not to be allergic to them so I dont like them at all mrgreen cooked pineapple is fine, raw burns my tongue. Any kind of kiwifruit is bad >.<  

Iconised Ghost

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:22 pm
Iconised Ghost
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost

Meh, ive never known what its like not to be allergic to them so I dont like them at all mrgreen cooked pineapple is fine, raw burns my tongue. Any kind of kiwifruit is bad >.<
Good point there. At least cooked pineapple is better than no pineapple  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:25 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost

true. Hawaiian pizza is not the same without pineapple  

Iconised Ghost

GracieLou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:57 pm
a lot of people acquire new allergies as they get older. when i was younger i was just fine, but now i will sometimes break out in hives if my skin comes in contact with freshly cut grass.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:43 pm
Hm i am not really alergic to anything in general par penicillin lol. But i tend to get slight puffy eyes when i am out and about or around lots of flowers and stuff. I was told i don't have hayfever or anything of the sort so i guess my eyes just like watering. ^_^ im rather lucky in that sense.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm
Iconised Ghost
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost
Bikki Kobayashi V
Iconised Ghost

true. Hawaiian pizza is not the same without pineapple
That is so true. Hawaiian pizza is awsome  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:51 pm
MRBLONDE13
All i got is allergy to cat and dog dander so i cant have a tiger gonk
Not even a Lama dramallama gonk

ONLY!!?!?!?? I'd die before I'd live without dogs, cats, and the possible tiger!! (That or go to collage. crying I'm thinking of smuggling in a cat, or my boxer/St. Bernard as my little brother. If I get him a shirt, a pair of my shorts, a belt to hold the shorts up and a hat...)

Iconised Ghost

Eh, I could live without pinnapple, but without those ripe, sweet, mush green kiwis??? cry
Long haired cats... that is wierd, maybe the dander gets matted in? I bet one of those would be a pain to have, always brushing... What about long-haired bunnies?

Aren't there meds for food allergies that let you eat the food?

I have allergies, used to be spring/summer/ fall, but last and this winter it's still here. crying No idea what causes it. Fresh grass makes my nose itch, but no runny nose and headache like my other ones. My mom thinks at least one is crysanthimums because of a lice shampoo when the foster kids brought back lice every sunday night. I don't see the point in the tests, since, as far as I've seen, all air allergies are treated the same, all food allergies are treated the same, likewise with seasonal and pet. If meds don't work without knowing, they aren't likely to work even if you know what the problem is. I highly doubt it's worth the test just to know what to take out of my imediate enviroment, just to take meds anyway because I occasionally leave the house. confused

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

First Pancake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:38 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

Eh, I could live without pinnapple, but without those ripe, sweet, mush green kiwis??? cry
Long haired cats... that is wierd, maybe the dander gets matted in? I bet one of those would be a pain to have, always brushing... What about long-haired bunnies?

Aren't there meds for food allergies that let you eat the food?

I have allergies, used to be spring/summer/ fall, but last and this winter it's still here. crying No idea what causes it. Fresh grass makes my nose itch, but no runny nose and headache like my other ones. My mom thinks at least one is crysanthimums because of a lice shampoo when the foster kids brought back lice every sunday night. I don't see the point in the tests, since, as far as I've seen, all air allergies are treated the same, all food allergies are treated the same, likewise with seasonal and pet. If meds don't work without knowing, they aren't likely to work even if you know what the problem is. I highly doubt it's worth the test just to know what to take out of my imediate enviroment, just to take meds anyway because I occasionally leave the house. confused

~Metalic_Noodles

I think that the golden kiwifruits are nicer whee they smell good, and apparently taste like honey, but ive never tried them >.< Im not a big fruit person anyway

Long haired cats are cool, we had one and she was awesome. I think its because the long hair tends to come out in clumps rather than just malting like usual, and then because its in clumps it doesnt fly around everywhere. We never really had to brush her much. But apparently, its nothing to do with the length of the cats hair, its whether they produce a certain chemical in their salivia when washing themselves. Meh who knows?

Long haired bunnies are just as bad as short >.< There probably are meds that would let me eat the food, but its not really worth it since i dont really have a huge urge to eat lots of kiwifruit and pineapple anyway

The test is good, especially if you're going into hospital or something, or for some reason you forget your meds and have a reaction, and some people like to take as few meds as possible. More knowledge is good! But yeah, it seems pointless at the time- i had the skin test, and then they put antihistamine cream on all the reactions to help them go down- why dont they just prescribe everyone with antihistamine then?? gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:24 am

Shave the bunny?

Well, I thought with long haird pets it was either groom, shave or let matte. I have a built-in fear of matts, since my head seems to be embedded with the idea that that's what killed my mom's cat. (She was slowly shaving the cat, a bit each day, but then it died)

The antihistime cream... taht's sort of what I was trying to say about the meds, I think.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:35 am
i dunno, thats kinda cruel to the rabbit xd

With my cat she pretty much took care of herself, occasionally we had to brush her, or cut something out of her fur (like when the roads get re-sealed and she got a bit of tar in her fur or whatever). Apart from that she just washed herself, and left chunks of hair around rather than coating everying in fur.

I guess they still need to know what you are allergic too and how badly, rather than just giving you antihistamine cream  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 am
IM ALLERGIC TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!! lol just kiddin, well I cant say I got any allergies, although I wonder what it would feel like, oh well... stare

SHAVE THE BUNNEH!!!! twisted  

Chris de Medich

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:45 am
I'm allergic to dust, pollen (especially grass pollen - I can't go outside when anyone within three blocks has cut their grass, unless I don't mind sneezing and snotting all over the place, not to mention the itchy eyes), cats but not dogs for some reason, either seashells or some sort of varnish or something that is on the shells (I have two different shell necklaces, made of two different kinds of shells, from two different places, and they both give me a rash), and acrylic fabric (also a bumpy, itchy rash - same as the shells). If I ate a bigger variety of foods, I'd probably find some food allergies, too, knowing my luck and family history >.< Speaking of family history in regards to allergies, I'll probably end up deathly allergic to hornets/wasps/etc. in about fifteen/twenty years (both my mom and her mom developed allergies to bees when they hit forty-ish years old).

My brother's allergic to poison oak/etc, but I never got it 'til maybe five years ago - that crap sucks 0.o I think I just got a normal dose of it (as opposed to my brother, who has to have prescription stuff to get rid of it), but it spread pretty good and itched like hell 0.o

I don't really take meds for them, not even OTC, but I do b***h a lot when it's allergy season xD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff