Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
hmm... should I have her committed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.... *sigh* shes always been a little wacked but.....
  .... *shrug*
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:10 pm
im pretty sure her mum would have to go and see them herself, and get a diagnosis, before she would be able to get any kind of pills. They wouldnt give people those kinds of drugs without seeing the person first

And you never know, she might not need drugs  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 pm
Iconised Ghost
im pretty sure her mum would have to go and see them herself, and get a diagnosis, before she would be able to get any kind of pills. They wouldnt give people those kinds of drugs without seeing the person first

And you never know, she might not need drugs

you are correct!

no one is allowed to be medicated w/out their permission UNLESS they're involuntarily committed. and you can't go to a doctor, describe what's wrong w/that person and then get meds. ((cause if they let you do that, half the people i know would be secretly medicated rofl ))  

WastelandMama
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
It sounds like your mother could have bipolar disorder. I've heard that going on big shopping splurges is a symptom of the disorder, as is some spontaneous, poorly thought out sudden action...such as spray-painting all the furniture black, in her case. O_o

Of course that might not be it at all, but the way you describe her it's a pretty good possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm
for it to be bipolar disorder she would have to have extreme lows as well though, like extreme lows. And then we would need to know what form of bipolar she had. And what stage in her bipolar cycle she was in whee

bluegrass cat: yeah, and all the addicts and drug dealers would be like "I need some drugs. For my, uh, friend" xd  

Iconised Ghost

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Iconised Ghost
i dont think its as easy as just having her committed. Im pretty sure that you cant have someone committed unless they are seriously mentally ill, are a danger to themselves, or a danger to others

Could it be a midlife crisis? Perhaps if you talk to her, just say that you've noticed she's been upset and acting differently, she might tell you that somethings wrong or really upsetting her, that you hadnt considered before. And then if she wants, maybe she can talk to a therapist or see her doctor. Having someone committed is a quite a drastic thing to do (we had a member of my family committed because she was a paranoid schizophrenic and thought people were trying to kill her, and was reporting everyone to the police for example)

She might not need medicating, maybe just someone to talk to. Of course she might not want to talk to anyone at all, not even family, and this is just her way of working through something

It really isn't that easy. Encourage her to see a therapist.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff