Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is this guild dieing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:25 am
SakuChwan
The whole guild network on Gaia is neglected. We havn't had an update to the GGN since before i started the damn thing (that's over 2 years... ) Gaia puts all it's effort into keeping the gaian attention to the newest items and main forum. They don't even have the Guild spotlight anymore... Gaia likes to just push things into a corner and hope everyone forgets they're there. Well, that's just the way things are. Every Gaia panel i've heard someone asks when the GGN will be updated.... and everytime i hear "when the BS is finished" well ******** SOORRRY for existing... the all important battle system must have precidence over us lowly 1/2 a million guild members. Gaia has been working on the BS for going on 4 years now... and we're expected to just twiddle our thumbs and believe everything is going to be ok. I have serious doubts the GGN will ever get updated. I mean we are basically a small group of very basic forums inside a huge complex forum site.... sweatdrop

Ya, the captain's guild is filled with that stuff. I'm terrified they are going to change us into clubs. One of Lanzer's replies had this:

Quote:
Guilds/clubs

(used GGN or guilds)
It makes my blood curl just thinking about it.
I just know they are going to make the GGN more slow-loading than the reg forums, and add millions of images. What about us that prefer the GGN because it doesn't cause application seizures? crying (Well, those and the filtering out the idiots.)

It just seems so... *insert word* that Ace and JFM aren't 'fixing' the thread topics to make them more interesting. I don't know why, but when I was new to FG4PG they were imprinted as my image of FG4PG. :/
Ace pushing that PG13 line, JFM being the adorable cuddly puppy mascot.

Nothing on the first page more than 24 hours old... I dunno, I guess there was just some flow, chemistry with the main members, and now that seems to no longer exist. During the 3am hours when the guild is slow I no longer see one name, as the last poster in all the threads. Nor or JFM, sheer, IM, Ace, Trevor, and a few others in most threads.

The guild just seems, so different... (and not just not as overwhellingly fast. sweatdrop )

Tsukasa, I think you can train/teach it, and I think Ace knows how. whee

Fewer random threads, less conversations being held in multiple threads, no Trevor posting so many of something that everyone starts posting it and it gets it's own sub... (Media/videos)

Somehow, even as a huge guild FG4PG had a tight community, but that easily grew for new members, it just doesn't seem so tight anymore, even though I reconize lots of usernames, or old usernames. :

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:00 am
hey now, ill be on a little more since i got a new computer. but most of the fg-4-pg crew has been doing other things lately...... we mostly just growing up and moving on to work and college, as youve heard from many people.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:07 am
Yeah, haven't we had a few topics about the guild's "death" or slowing down already?

I haven't been posting as much because I'm posting more elsewhere, trying to get a little art shop set up for myself. And so I've been spending more time drawing as well, naturally.

I know you were talking more about the DMs and other members who've been on here for a long time. But I'd just thought I'd let you know, I do plan on sticking around for quite some time. I just need to work on building my gold income as well. :]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:28 am
Honestly, if you don't like it, just leave. Seriously. I'm tired of people complaining that people have lives that they don't just spend on gaia.  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:28 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Honestly, if you don't like it, just leave. Seriously. I'm tired of people complaining that people have lives that they don't just spend on gaia.

TSN is not on much anymore. She has seen her share of "is the guild dying" threads. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:49 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Its not dead. Just not running ridiculously quickly.

I personally log on everyday but honestly, don't find topics I would like to post in or are busy with something else. Every single day of the week I have something else going on to think about.

I know what you mean. Every minute of every hour of every day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week xd if i was on gaia as often as i used to be I would die  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:30 pm

I don't wanna leave, it just feels odd, and I can't figure out why if we are getting new members, and the DMs getting lives is gradual, why isn't the guild accually faster than before, instead of slower?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 pm
its just the way that gaia is going at the moment i guess  

Iconised Ghost

Artanus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:47 pm
We're gaining faster than losing, but have the newbs we get in here aren't that great. They weren't born crazy, and we can't teach them crazy. But it is a little depressing when old timers leave.

It doesn't feel like I'll ever leave, but then again, I can't see the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:41 am
teh sexiful nerdy
xd well said, tsn! and so succinctly put, too! heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

Kinta the Skank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:20 am
Yeah.. I wouldn't say it was DYING, per se.. But it's definitely not as wily as I remember it. And I was here like 2 years ago, I think o_O Maybe a year and a half. I don't remember. I don't log in much anymore.. But when I do, this is the only place that I have to go. *shrug* I'm busy with college right now.. Looking really hard for a job, too. And when I'm not doing that, I'm probably going to be enjoying myself in one way or the other.. Fapping, WoW, maybe some reading.. And a lot of s**t going on in life too >_< HIGH SCHOOL! LIVING WITH PARENTS! NO WORRIES! Where have you gone?!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 am
We are kinda dieing...  

cupcakefart

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:50 am
Dying? No. Loosing activity from our main members? Yes. Let's face it, it's been about what, two years now? That makes us all a little bit older and makes us generally have a busier life - we just can't spend all that time on Gaia anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:22 pm
every987
We are kinda dieing...

Not we just you.  

angel_half82
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200