Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I hate heart to heart conversations >.> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Head like a...
  POLL!
View Results

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 am
If she's worried about funding you could always sell your comics to some one. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 pm
Goddess Ace
jfm567
whoo, spring break!

my mom doesnt really care what college i go to or what i do there. ive gained alot of trust... but she does worry about the funding for it.

That's pretty much my mom's major concern is the funding. It sounds like whatever is going to be the most economical is the one I will be going too.

heh, we had a college branch in our old town that was literally 3 trailers. it was about as economical as you could get. well except BYU. xD  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:08 pm
Aw, it's ok Ace. *huggles*

I guess I should lay off of the conversations I've been doing lately then, huh? sweatdrop yeah, people call me fragile too. I just slap 'em. xd Well, not the adults. rolleyes Your mom just has a lot going on like my mom. I can't really tell who has it worse at the moment, but it all sucks. I think you will make a good choice wherever you decide to go, because you have good common sense. You may not be as smart as your sister, but you have common sense and know where you're going. That's my problem. I have almost no common sense. xd

Congrats on being the Editor person.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 pm
Goddess Ace
@angel: Omg, wise old person speak <333
@Munchie: Probably, I guess I just have to get through high school first.
@churrlo: -High fives- SMARTNESS!
@Noodles: Aww, I hope you get some sleep too. I'll be applying for scholarships this summer and I'll proably end up getting loans from the government.
@Ghost: Looks like you could use a pick-me-up! -Picks up & shakes-

thanks mrgreen i prefer to be shaken not stirred  

Iconised Ghost

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:23 am
D: at least you get a heart to heart... My mom just picks up my journal and breezes through all my dreams and darkest thoughts as if it were nothing and then uses them against me. :3 isnt that nice? Im ******** 20 and my mother is still looking through my journal like im 15 and then cant understand why i get mad!

D: I heart NIN

have you listened to closer yet? XD .....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm
Knitterz
D: at least you get a heart to heart... My mom just picks up my journal and breezes through all my dreams and darkest thoughts as if it were nothing and then uses them against me. :3 isnt that nice? Im ******** 20 and my mother is still looking through my journal like im 15 and then cant understand why i get mad!

D: I heart NIN

have you listened to closer yet? XD .....

Closer was my first & favorite NIN song xD

Omg, she looks through your journal D: That sucks >_<  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 pm
My venting music is more from the grindcore genre. Arsonists Get All the Girls, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Norma Jean....you get the idea xd

I myself am having some college woes. My mother wants me to go to a local community collage for my first two years while I want to go up north to Orlando to attend UCF. My mother thinks I can't handle living away from home right out of high school. I too want to show my mother that I can be independent especially since she's always bugging me saying "Why do you always do what your friends do?" which is totally not the case.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:25 pm
Um, I'm having a shite week too.

I hate that I can't do a thing to help my new boyfriend with his emotional distress because he lives so far away from me and that his Ex can hit on him and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Also, I'm super worried about my ACT test scores and my mom won't get off my case about it and my dad thinks i'm lying too him about everything I do.

UGGGGGGGGGGHHH!  

mutilations

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 pm
@ Ph33r: I'm taking my ACT this saturday gonk I know i'm going to do awful. When I was doing the practice booklet, I knew nothing in the science section. TT-TT I'd much rather take the SAT again. I did fairly decent on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:32 pm
Dr Entropy
@ Ph33r: I'm taking my ACT this saturday gonk I know i'm going to do awful. When I was doing the practice booklet, I knew nothing in the science section. TT-TT I'd much rather take the SAT again. I did fairly decent on it.
My concern isn't my score, it's what my mother will think.

She's concerned with everything I do way too much, if I don't get a perfect score, I'm a failure...  

mutilations

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:35 pm
ph33r b0t
Dr Entropy

She's concerned with everything I do way too much, if I don't get a perfect score, I'm a failure...
The curse of being azn? D:

My mother's having a fit about me preparing but after I get the scores she doesn't even care if they're good or bad <_<  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:41 pm
Dr Entropy
ph33r b0t
Dr Entropy

The curse of being azn? D:

My mother's having a fit about me preparing but after I get the scores she doesn't even care if they're good or bad <_<
Apart from the small pen0r, yes.

J/K  

mutilations

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:31 pm
Ha, I had a horrible last period today and I am listening NIN for the first time!

xd

April has been okay, better than March, which sucked a**.

My mom has rules about college, and they're retarded.
-No community college
-No state schools
-No schools within five hours of her

Whatever...I was thinking about McGill, but i don't know if I can last the winters up there. xd

I know my parents will support whatever I choose, but they do bother me. And I'm not allowed to get lower than Bs even though I take all honors...and I'm not allowed to take AP classes because I might get "stressed" which is also retarded.

Yeah, my parents are really weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:34 pm
Haha, my venting music is Linkin Park. xd  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:01 pm
EggaxSponge
Ha, I had a horrible last period today and I am listening NIN for the first time!

xd

April has been okay, better than March, which sucked a**.

My mom has rules about college, and they're retarded.
-No community college
-No state schools
-No schools within five hours of her

Whatever...I was thinking about McGill, but i don't know if I can last the winters up there. xd

I know my parents will support whatever I choose, but they do bother me. And I'm not allowed to get lower than Bs even though I take all honors...and I'm not allowed to take AP classes because I might get "stressed" which is also retarded.

Yeah, my parents are really weird.

jeez, your parents are kinda all over the place w/the mixed messages! eek

when i was in school, my daddy was uber-strict, but mama was fairly laid-back about most things.

ultimately, as long as they want what's best for you, then you should respect what they're saying and the effort behind it ((even if you don't follow their advice 3nodding )). BUT i don't believe its right for a parent to tell you what schools to go to or what classes to take. its a recipe for disaster!

on the other hand, i hate parents who hover. i hate parents who make it all about THEM and what makes THEM look good.

i say, as long as you're happy w/your choices, then you're doing just fine. 3nodding

and, all these people who're worried about funding or worried about what school your parents will pay for, i know its SHOCKING but not EVERYONE who goes to college has their parents pay for it!

i know, i know! shock!

some people, like, WORK through college. and there are these things called LOANS which are also fairly handy.

stare

i just get kinda aggravated because if that homeless lady can work her way through ******** harvard, it shouldn't be that difficult for the rest of us!

maybe you'll only be able to afford being a part-time student and have a full-time job. maybe you'll only be able to take a few classes here and there, but ya know what? i think that's actually REALLY good for people! it helps you grow up! you learn about life and how to survive in the real world!

and, there's that insane sense of pride when you FINALLY get your degree and you realize IT WAS ALL YOU, BABY! no one held your hand or carried you through it! YOU did it!

adulthood! woo! xd

all these kiddos i see running around campus...the ones where you can SO tell mummy and daddums are paying for everything...they're not grown ups. oh, they certainly THINK they are, but they're not. they're giant children w/almost no sense of responsibility who still have to answer to their parents. its ridiculous.

and please note, i don't have an issue w/people who's parents pay for like, ONE thing...like, tuition or books or whatever, its the ones who're going to college COMPLETELY on their parents' dime, w/pockets full of credit cards signed by daddy that piss me off. my own daddy did pay for tuition, but i had to buy books, pay car insurance ((my car was vintage and awesome so i had no car payments or i would've been paying for those too)), rent, etc etc etc.

i handled my own bills and worked ALMOST full time while going to school also full time AND being in a sorority, marching band, and having the farm to deal with. it was crazy and exhausting and a complete pain in the a** to have to deal with, but looking back on it i'm fully aware that those events and hardships totally shaped who i am NOW and made me the kickass grown up you see before you!

heart  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces