Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Meaning Behind Lyrics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Egga drank some tea.
  It was good
  It's such a shame that you're a 15 year old semi- addicted to caffeine. :(
View Results

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:17 pm
squee_moon
I will always care about you....
Ho shi.. who got NINJAHED
...Because I love you!

Wheeeeeee! I did! T'was my first time too in... However long I've been in the guild...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:42 pm
I'm gonna tell you how you find out what many song lyrics, mean...

Wikipedia. Its how I found out what feel good inc., by Gorillaz, means...

What it means ((you have to have seen the music video to understand.)) the pillar that everyone is in represents sin, like you are in your own cage, and can't get out, and the lead singer,((the guy walking around)) represents people who know about the son but can't do anything about it((like smokers)) and all the poeple sleeping represent, people who know about it but just don't care, and when the rapper say your cheddar hitting the fan, he means losing all your money, so like when the s**t hits the fan. And when the rapper says watch the way I navigate he means watch what I do, and repeat me, doing sin. And the kid one the windmill playing the acostic guitar, represents innocense. And that is what the Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, means.

And as for HENRY he is a made up man for the song who reperesents someone who would rather have sex with women than help out his friends((like charlie from 2 1/2 men)).  

thefuzz54

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:13 pm
It makes total sense now. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 pm
squee_moon
...Because I love you!

i was just thinking the other day that we hadnt had much ninja-ing lately

@angel: yeah i totally agree rofl  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 am
Iconised Ghost
squee_moon
...Because I love you!

i was just thinking the other day that we hadnt had much ninja-ing lately

@angel: yeah i totally agree rofl

The ninjas are being affected by high gas prices so they can't drive to as many places. Or they are just stuck in traffic.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:52 am
I didn't know ninjas could drive. Freaking gas prices!! domokun  

Pachelbel Canon

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 pm
aprilness
Everyone knows ninjas don't drive...

Fuel= People to kill

Traffic= Due to many ninjas jumping trees, and retarded little kids climbing them, ninjas have accidents by crashing into the little children. Thus causing a blockage and forcing shinobi taking side branches.

The number one cause of kids falling off trees= Ninjas jumping into them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:26 pm
Oh yeah, Will. Coheed and Cambria is MESSED up.
"You could have been all I wanted, but you weren't honest. Now get in the ground." Honestly, Wtf?!

And i still don't get it about Henry. I guess it will remain a mystery.  

MonsieurSponge

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:15 pm
A gift ninja! eek

I once got gift ninja...ed?
^_^ It was like HURRAH MAH FIRST GIFT NINJA!

Coheed and Cambria, the first time I heard them I couldn't stop laughing cause of the guy's voice. I like them though.

I watched Across the Universe yesterday and now I want to see it again!
It's one of the few musicals I can watch without twitching a bit. (sorry musical lovers >_<)

Edit: eek Actually it was that exact gift ninja that "attacked" me with a gift. Is he the only gift ninja at work? Poor solitary gift ninja.
Gas prices must be killing the gift ninjas for real then. ninja wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:20 pm
I didn't laugh, because i didn't realize it was a man. xd

Another band whom I never quite understand: Evanescence. I would like to think that their songs aren't all about redemption, sacrifice, pain, sorrow, and heartbreaking love. but i can't find any other meanings. xd  

MonsieurSponge

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:06 pm
I laughed because the first time I heard them I was watching the video.
I thought it was a girl, a girl with a very high pitched voice. >_>

All I get out of Evanescence is depression and a little bit of love. >_>
I have a friend that's obsessed with the lead singer and she'll go crazy on me if I talk badly about them.
This post never happened! ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:31 pm
EggaxSponge
I didn't laugh, because i didn't realize it was a man. xd

Another band whom I never quite understand: Evanescence. I would like to think that their songs aren't all about redemption, sacrifice, pain, sorrow, and heartbreaking love. but i can't find any other meanings. xd

All i hear when i listen to them is "OMG lithium! OMG depression! OMG woe is me!" and then i turn them off xd  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:04 am
s'okay, i've been a big fan of harry chapin all my life. since no one here probably knows who he is, he's one of the greatest folk singers of all time. so there.

anyway, he's got this song called "the shortest story" and its always been...well, ODD. most of his songs, even the sad ones, still have a bit of hope in them, but not this one. its just ******** SAD!

its also one of his shortest songs...he's got this one song called "30,000 pounds of bananas" and i swear that song goes on FOREVER ((and the live version KILLS! xd )). so here's the lyrics to "the shortest story":

I am born today, the sun burns its promise in my eyes;
Mama strikes me and I draw a breath and cry.
Above me a cloud softly tumbles through the sky;
I am glad to be alive.

It is my seventh day, I taste the hunger and I cry;
my brother and sister cling to Mama's side.
She squeezes her breast, but it has nothing to provide;
someone weeps, I fall asleep.

It is twenty days today, Mama does not hold me anymore;
I open my mouth but I am too weak to cry.
Above me a bird slowly crawls across the sky;
why is there nothing now to do but die?

yeah, ******** sad, right? i always thought maybe it was a song about destroying the earth or something, but no, its not.

its about a child with a terminal illness. crying HOW ******** SAD IS THAT???

jeez! anyway, all of his songs have special meanings. like, the song "copper". in the live version, he actually explains that the idea for the song came from "a 10 page single-spaced typewritten letter". and his song "i wanna learn a love song" is based on how he met his wife. heart

anyway, for all you youngin's, y'all should go get one of his greatest hits cds and check it out. and listen to it more than once! angel didn't like him at first because its a strange transition to go from like, modern music to his story-telling kinda style, but about the 3rd time you hear it, you start to realize how ******** awesome he was. 3nodding

oh, also, john prine is great! he sings this song called "jesus: the missing years" and its ******** hilarious!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 pm
MissMunchieMonster
I laughed because the first time I heard them I was watching the video.
I thought it was a girl, a girl with a very high pitched voice. >_>

lol I thought the same thing, so when I saw one of their music videos I basically laughed my arse off.  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm
Komui Lee XII
aprilness
Everyone knows ninjas don't drive...

Fuel= People to kill

Traffic= Due to many ninjas jumping trees, and retarded little kids climbing them, ninjas have accidents by crashing into the little children. Thus causing a blockage and forcing shinobi taking side branches.

The number one cause of kids falling off trees= Ninjas jumping into them.

Ahhh, a very clever analysis. Maybe you should be breaking apart all these confusing lyrics for people. XD

And yea, Coheed and Cambria lead singer's voice is ridiculous. He needs to sew his testicles back on. o_o Not to say I dislike their music, they're alright.

And one of my best friends is obsessed with Evanescence. I'm not crazy about them, it's all melodrama and I just wanna shake Amy Lee and her "followers." She's not even sad IRL, I've seen this behind-the-scenes touring vid said friend showed me. She's a typical crazy drinking partying stunt-pulling young adult having fun. Her music just doesn't reflect it AT ALL.

I heard she sucks singing live.
ninja  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas