Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Howdy, kids... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here comes the summer?
  Hell yeah!
View Results

Dresden Starwing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:11 pm
Happy summer...

Understand why you've got a monumental ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! *stress scream* moment...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 am
hey ace, call up the housing department in your area and ask them about the landlord issue.

cause i'm pretty sure that most leases have a thing in there that says that while the tenant shall keep the apartment in relatively good condition on their own, the landlord is responsible for any non-tenant related damages.

or, ya know, you could just go in and say "hey, this apartment is no longer safe to live in due to the mold that's growing. you can either move me to a different apartment, fix it, or i can call the housing authorities and we'll see what they have to say!"

don't let them take advantage of you cause you're young. know your rights and EXERCISE them!

cause angel and i went through this same thing w/out first landlords. they had to replace all of our windows ((in december...idk what that was about)), and they drilled holes on the inside to board up where the windows had been so we wouldn't freeze.

then, when it came time for us to move out, they tried to say WE'D drilled the holes! stressed

luckily, i had pictures of the day laborers drilling into the walls, so we were like BOO-YAH! 3nodding

pictures are hella important. take lots of them. all the time. be firm but polite and never back down when it comes to dealing w/your landlord, kiddo!

oh, and welcome back! heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 am
My family doesn't live in an apratment though, I believe it's a hud house. When we first moved in there needed to be a lot of repairs but we just didn't have time to do them.

My mom is going to call the landlord and talk about having, I guess free rent for the next month, so we can just do the replacement ourselves. We'll probably get new carpet or laminated tile that looks like a wooden floor - or at least I hoep so.

Tonight I got to induct people into NHS - including my ex boyfriend... my teacher won't let me stick pins to people's clothes for that reason xD

Oh, and my Chemsitry teacher gave me some kudos today so I was pretty happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:39 pm
Goddess Ace
My family doesn't live in an apratment though, I believe it's a hud house. When we first moved in there needed to be a lot of repairs but we just didn't have time to do them.

My mom is going to call the landlord and talk about having, I guess free rent for the next month, so we can just do the replacement ourselves. We'll probably get new carpet or laminated tile that looks like a wooden floor - or at least I hoep so.

Tonight I got to induct people into NHS - including my ex boyfriend... my teacher won't let me stick pins to people's clothes for that reason xD

Oh, and my Chemsitry teacher gave me some kudos today so I was pretty happy.

what's a hud house??  

WastelandMama
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:15 pm
Hud house is basically a house that's in pretty shitty condition.

I think this picture gives you an idea - link.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:23 pm
flooded? most hot water heaters come with an emergency drain right near it, mine did anyways. but damn that sucks. make sure you come back when you get your stuff straightened out.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 pm
I hope you get your house straightened out Ace. (I like the picture.)

And I had the same problem...my friend came down from Cali...and i was like "f-ck i'm not over you." stressed

And then I had a dream about Frenchie. So i'm a mess!

Let's hope you get the girl and my brain sorts itself out... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm
I hope I get the girl too - lol.

Prom is this Saturday, I'll make sure to take picutes :3

And hopefully, once my AP exam is over with, I can do a little guild event for celebration ninja  

Goddess Ace
Crew

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas