Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
online purchasing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NO HELLO KITTY FOR THE KITTY!
  *krikrikri*
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:53 am

<3 NewEgg

Over $500... biggrin

Intel C2d E6750
GA-P35-DS3L
a modem that died, but my fault with picking the wrong manufacture
460W psu
1 value stick of 1gb RAM
then 2 1gb sticks of good 4-4-4-12 ram biggrin
EVGA 7600 256mbs
160gb hdd
and more(not the case though, just using old dented one)

^_^

newegg rocks, shop there.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:55 am
Metalic_Noodles

<3 NewEgg

Over $500... biggrin

Intel C2d E6750
GA-P35-DS3L
460W psu
1 value stick of 1gb RAM
EVGA 7600 256mbs
160gb hdd

^_^

~Metalic_Noodles

wtf are you talking about?

you cannot buy a hello kitty tote from new egg. stare  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:15 am
bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles

<3 NewEgg

Over $500... biggrin

Intel C2d E6750
GA-P35-DS3L
460W psu
1 value stick of 1gb RAM
EVGA 7600 256mbs
160gb hdd

^_^

~Metalic_Noodles

I was just using this shopping topic as an excuss to brag about my computer. sweatdrop
Although, compared to most NewEgg regulars, it isn't much to brag about. sweatdrop

That, and they have oodles of support. A forum site, chat, phone, e-mail... and not only that, but they are nice, helpful and human. (AKA not just drones reading and following programing from a manual.)

NewEgg does have some items that seem a bit odd for a computer parts store, but that may just be me.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:30 am
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles

<3 NewEgg

Over $500... biggrin

Intel C2d E6750
GA-P35-DS3L
460W psu
1 value stick of 1gb RAM
EVGA 7600 256mbs
160gb hdd

^_^

~Metalic_Noodles

I was just using this shopping topic as an excuss to brag about my computer. sweatdrop
Although, compared to most NewEgg regulars, it isn't much to brag about. sweatdrop

That, and they have oodles of support. A forum site, chat, phone, e-mail... and not only that, but they are nice, helpful and human. (AKA not just drones reading and following programing from a manual.)

NewEgg does have some items that seem a bit odd for a computer parts store, but that may just be me.

~Metalic_Noodles
It still has jack s**t to do with the subject....  

angel_half82
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:43 am
bluegrass cat
Teh Dana
I haven't touched a mall in ages. but rue21.com knows me well~

Anyways, yeah I don't use credit cards for that reason. I got my debit card because my bank is nice to me and fixes s**t right off.

if i have to have visa fix it, it'll take two business days. crying

angel's being all sweet and offered to pay for it, but he shouldn't have to pay for it! i can pay for it if they would just take my f-ing card already! scream

But damn if you owe a bill, they call you the day it's due. o_O

You can still cancel the order I think. And it takes Visa two days? o_o How hard is it to cancel s**t?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 am
Teh Dana
bluegrass cat
Teh Dana
I haven't touched a mall in ages. but rue21.com knows me well~

Anyways, yeah I don't use credit cards for that reason. I got my debit card because my bank is nice to me and fixes s**t right off.

if i have to have visa fix it, it'll take two business days. crying

angel's being all sweet and offered to pay for it, but he shouldn't have to pay for it! i can pay for it if they would just take my f-ing card already! scream

But damn if you owe a bill, they call you the day it's due. o_O

You can still cancel the order I think. And it takes Visa two days? o_o How hard is it to cancel s**t?

apparently its super hard.

and apparently visa is run by idiots.

the last time this issue happened ((when i was attempting to pay my electric bill, oh joy)), they SWORE up and down that the address was correct on their end and that it had to be a "vendor issue".

so i went and searched on my acct online and FINALLY found this ONE time where my address was switched. like, the normal top line was the bottom and vice versa. so i changed it and now its gonna work...

but i still have to wait until TUESDAY to get my money back. crying

i emailed sanrio last night and they emailed me back already, so they rock. now i just hope that my bag and the accessories are still there when i try to order them next week! sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:44 am
i only use ebay so i never have any problems at all with online purchasing. and selling! xD  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:47 am
jfm567
i only use ebay so i never have any problems at all with online purchasing. and selling! xD

omg my daddy's in love with ebay! 3nodding he's bought a truck, a bronco, a new tractor, a bulldozer engine, an amish swing, and a whole bunch of other really random stuff.

he's crazy on that thing! sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 am
I wanna get a gaming laptop. But since I am not going to be picking my laptop I'm going to end up with a refurbished dell that cost $500 dollars. Not really one made for gaming.

I do hope that the graphics cards are somewhat current and that it can connect to the internet so I can play Portal.

Though there was a site I seen that make Japanese school uniforms. I've always wanted to get a set.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
I did have a problem once with an anime site. But thats about it.

Anyway I too use visa giftcards because at the moment I can't get a real card.

I had a problem with an Anime site too once. neutral  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:19 pm
Ive never used my own credit card to make online purchases ninja but when i have made purchases, i dont think ive ever had a problem ^_^ I guess im just a lucky b*****d like that.
All customer services seem to be run by idiots, its like a requirement of the job or something O_o

At least they were prompt in emailing you back! Thats always reassuring 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:21 pm
Midori Hayashi
Bikki Kobayashi V
I did have a problem once with an anime site. But thats about it.

Anyway I too use visa giftcards because at the moment I can't get a real card.

I had a problem with an Anime site too once. neutral

One of my friends lent me this bootleg anime series.. her dad didn't know that it was a bootleg I was like 'OMG! Are you a retard? Look at the shittyness of it!' The video quality sucked, and the packaging was cheesy as hell. He got it from one of those 'discount' anime sites >.<

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:36 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
I wanna get a gaming laptop. But since I am not going to be picking my laptop I'm going to end up with a refurbished dell that cost $500 dollars. Not really one made for gaming.

I do hope that the graphics cards are somewhat current and that it can connect to the internet so I can play Portal.

Though there was a site I seen that make Japanese school uniforms. I've always wanted to get a set.

My boyfriend has a brand new Dell that he has trouble gaming on, though I guess it's because it has a crappy graphics card. ._.

Japanese school uniforms scare me! XDD

And almost all anime I've bought offline has been bootlegged. I don't really care though...it's still the anime I want, just with sometimes bad subtitles. :/

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:52 pm
i just hope it all works now that everything is fixed ((according to visa))...course, first i have to wait until next tuesday to get my "pending charge" removed. crying

i once bought a bootleg digi charat dvd set...i had no idea it was bootleg until i got it and the sound was all messed up on like, four episodes...

sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:01 pm
I never had issues with the quality of sound or picture or anything. Just some waaay funky subtitles. The ones on DNAngel were so bad I had trouble figuring out what was going on. O_o Fullmetal Alchemist was fine except for the names. Lust was "Rusto," Gluttony "Blatny," Envy "Anwey," "Wrath" was "Lassie..." XD Winry was "Wuxinrexi." And the Philosopher's Stone varied alot...the name that stuck out most in my head was "Nestor's Stone."

So yea.

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces