Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:55 pm
Trigun! The Dub edition! ******** awesome  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:27 pm
If I had to choose one single anime it would be Samurai7. Hands down. It's just so ******** beautiful. Not to mention that every time Kurosawa remade and reinterpreted the story it got better. (Seriously, if you've never seen any of Kurosawa's work, then you need to watch Seven Samurai, Tora! Tora! Tora! (He directed the Japanese segments), and Samurai7.)

Other favorites: Ergo Proxy, GitS:SAC, Bleach,

Currently I'm watching:
Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple
Bleach
xxxHolic
- Still haven't decided if I like it or not.
And
Noein - ******** mind-bender...

Saverio C.
Trigun! The Dub edition! ******** awesome

Other favorites: Ergo Proxy, GitS:SAC, Bleach, Death Note, Kenichi (leave me alone), and Kaze no Yojimbo.

124-C

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:31 pm
...yeah...I like Initial D...  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:34 pm
hard to have a favorite so many are do good
Fruits Basket
Naruto
Blood plus
Elfen Lied
Inuyasha
Bleach
Death Note
Witchblade
and the list could go on forever

ladyraven117

124-C

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:16 pm
ladyraven117
That's what makes choosing just one so much fun. You have to really get into the nitty-gritty and pick apart every aspect of the work to decide. Or you just fan-boy it and choose something ridiculously terrible (*couch*Samurai Deeper*cough*).

So, give it a try. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:18 pm
124-C
ladyraven117
That's what makes choosing just one so much fun. You have to really get into the nitty-gritty and pick apart every aspect of the work to decide. Or you just fan-boy it and choose something ridiculously terrible (*couch*Samurai Deeper*cough*).

I pick the easy way out.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

K0m0d0

KABOSH ace

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:45 pm
Dragon ball Z, actually. =P Childhood love~

I prefer manga.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:31 am
The entire Gundam Metaseries.

cool

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

ladyraven117

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 am
124-C
ladyraven117

ok i will have to go with the one i will not miss at the moment.
Bleach..for now..

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:20 am
For me it would be Trigun. I have watched a good amount of Anime like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yugiho, Card Captor, Naruto, and very little Inuyasha. Normally I grow uninterested in most of the shows because they start dying a slow death for going on and on and on. Not only that, but they have very basic themes and cliches. I swear, if another Anime repeats how friends gives a person strength and power, I'll puke. I'll double puke if I see another love triangle or those immature relationships of "I love you. I hate you." or the too shy to speak to them crush.

I like Trigun because it had more relateable themes. At times it got really serious and other times it was just plain funny. Everyone had real strengths and weaknesses. It really wasn't that emo compared to everything else. Vash struggled a lot at times, but it felt real.  

Vinstepula

Cannabis Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:32 am
I'm not sure if it's considered to be anime, but it IS a Japanese cartoon. Lol. Witch Hunter Robin. It was on for a while and then they stopped it, but it's still by far my favorite.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 am
Vinstepula
For me it would be Trigun. I have watched a good amount of Anime like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yugiho, Card Captor, Naruto, and very little Inuyasha. Normally I grow uninterested in most of the shows because they start dying a slow death for going on and on and on. Not only that, but they have very basic themes and cliches. I swear, if another Anime repeats how friends gives a person strength and power, I'll puke. I'll double puke if I see another love triangle or those immature relationships of "I love you. I hate you." or the too shy to speak to them crush.

I like Trigun because it had more relateable themes. At times it got really serious and other times it was just plain funny. Everyone had real strengths and weaknesses. It really wasn't that emo compared to everything else. Vash struggled a lot at times, but it felt real.

Maybe you should try an anime that is aimed at an older audience. All of those are intended for an age group of 15 or younger. The reason that you liked Trigun more was because (a) it's ******** awesome and (b) it's not written for a child. Try Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, or Bleach.

Rebel Demon
I'm not sure if it's considered to be anime, but it IS a Japanese cartoon. Lol. Witch Hunter Robin. It was on for a while and then they stopped it, but it's still by far my favorite.

People say anime, but really, what does it matter? There's no real distinction between animes and cartoons except the country of origin. So, if you like an animated show from France more than one from America or Japan, then say so. Honestly, I'm surprised that we haven't seen some Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks stuff posted yet...

ladyraven117
124-C
ladyraven117

ok i will have to go with the one i will not miss at the moment.
Bleach..for now..

See? That wasn't so bad.

It's a good choice. The fact that you won't miss it says a lot about it. I honestly am at the library downloading it like a hungry wolf every Thursday. I occasionally get frustrated with it (like the way they ended the fight with Grimmjow) but I can't stop watching it and it always keeps me entertained for 20 minutes.  

124-C

Cold Lazarus

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:48 pm
My favourite Anime by far wold and always has been, the Ghost in the Shell collection. I own every DVD release of that anime. The original two movies, the two seasons of the series and the movie based on the series ad the laughing man movie, and i have ordered the Individual 11 movie. My favourite part of the series is GITS: SAC: SSS which for those who need help stands for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society. Who can resist a supa long title like that?

If you love mind bending animes about cybercrime fighting cyborgs than this is for you. Plus the matrix stole bits from this anime >.>

My favourite manga would have to be Ichigo 100% although the english version is called Strawberry 100% which makes sense since Ichigo is japanese for strawberry... anywho. It's an awesome Harem manga. And although it does have its fair share of Fan Service I liked it because it was quite serious as well as funny. Plus the main character wasn't your classic harem guy who was a complete loser and a clutz who some how has 5 girls in love with him. He's somewhat smart and has dreams for the future hes just not that great with the ladies. And the females aren't just random bimbos who want him for whatever, each of the three are very different in both looks and personality. I think he choose the wrong girl in the end but anyway im looking too much into this. Point is buy eeeeeeeeeet!!!

Some other anime I like at the moment include:
>Death Note
>Bleach
>School Rumble
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Full Metal Panic?  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:47 pm
124-C

Maybe you should try an anime that is aimed at an older audience. All of those are intended for an age group of 15 or younger. The reason that you liked Trigun more was because (a) it's ******** awesome and (b) it's not written for a child. Try Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, or Bleach.

I tried Bleach. It didn't interest me. Never watch Cowboy Bebop, but I heard a lot from my crazy friends who are huge fans of it, and that doesn't interest me. I'm just not much of an Anime fan.  

Vinstepula

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 pm
I don't watch many, but well. I'm currently following Death Note for the third time. So i guess you can call that my favourite at the moment.
I love storylines where the protagonist's and antagonist's intentions can both be evaluated as being good in my eyes. And Death Note is just the coolest detective show I've ever seen. lol, if that's what you'd call it.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff