Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A step in Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:39 pm
Dark King Patrick
True. Banning the right of gay people is unconstitutional. Mabye if gay people stay away from gay marriage, they will become straight and marry heterosexually. The plus of this is being able to make children and raise a family.
Ok now thats just plain ignorance. To think orientation depends on their marital preference is completely ridiculous. Orientation isn't 100% a choice.

Also don't double post.

Edit: Don't triple post either.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:44 pm
If for some reason, a gay and a lesbian got married.....would it still be "gay marriage"?  

Dana Pixie Stix

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:45 pm
Dana Pixie Stix
If for some reason, a gay and a lesbian got married.....would it still be "gay marriage"?
ROFL. Good question xD Technically it wouldn't since its a man and a woman getting married.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:54 pm
Dr Entropy
Dana Pixie Stix
ROFL. Good question xD Technically it wouldn't since its a man and a woman getting married.

But they like their own genders....  

Dana Pixie Stix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:55 pm
Dark King Patrick
True. Banning the right of gay people is unconstitutional. Mabye if gay people stay away from gay marriage, they will become straight and marry heterosexually. The plus of this is being able to make children and raise a family.

WTF?!?! Marrying someone of the opposite sex wont make a homosexual person heterosexual. Homosexual people can have children, and are perfectly capable (imo) of raising a family  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:06 pm
I don't think anyone wants the religious ceremony or expects it razz Religion has it's ways... no point in trying to change that D: I'm just for the legal rights blaugh

And for those of you who admonish religion so much maybe you should read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy D: Makes a lot of good points regarding religion =o (Golden Compass books)  

churrlo

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:11 pm
churrlo
I don't think anyone wants the religious ceremony or expects it razz Religion has it's ways... no point in trying to change that D: I'm just for the legal rights blaugh

And for those of you who admonish religion so much maybe you should read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy D: Makes a lot of good points regarding religion =o (Golden Compass books)

i read those books ages and ages ago and never picked up on anything religious in them. But i was about 12 at the time xd Wasnt it debatable about whether or not it refered to religion?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 pm
I believe that a gay couple should be allowed to get married - and if they wish to, to also have a religious ceremony. Why? Simple. You can be Gay and be Christian or Catholic or whatever else. My church doesn't discriminate against gays, hell, we even helped a Lesbian couple that was a victim of Katrina when no one else would. It all depends on how you interpert the bible as well as what you stay true to and not to.

As for the wedding part goes - if I was ever going to marry a girl, I'd still want my wedding dress. That's something you can't take away from a girl's dreams just because she's gay. I also want rice thrown at my head so birdies peck at it xD

So yeah, it's cool that Gay marriage is legal in California. This is probably going to be a big step for the gay rights movement.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:53 pm
Goddess Ace
I believe that a gay couple should be allowed to get married - and if they wish to, to also have a religious ceremony. Why? Simple. You can be Gay and be Christian or Catholic or whatever else. My church doesn't discriminate against gays, hell, we even helped a Lesbian couple that was a victim of Katrina when no one else would. It all depends on how you interpert the bible as well as what you stay true to and not to.

As for the wedding part goes - if I was ever going to marry a girl, I'd still want my wedding dress. That's something you can't take away from a girl's dreams just because she's gay. I also want rice thrown at my head so birdies peck at it xD

So yeah, it's cool that Gay marriage is legal in California. This is probably going to be a big step for the gay rights movement.

You want bird seed thrown at you then. They banned rice a while ago because it makes birds stomachs explode after they eat the rice then get a drink of water. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm
angel_half82
Goddess Ace

You want bird seed thrown at you then. They banned rice a while ago because it makes birds stomachs explode after they eat the rice then get a drink of water. burning_eyes

I thought that was just a rumour gonk now i know what my next experiment in the ABA's pigeon lab will be twisted  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:04 pm
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Goddess Ace

I thought that was just a rumour gonk now i know what my next experiment in the ABA's pigeon lab will be twisted

Just think about what rice does when water hits it. Expands.
A bird has to eat little rocks to digest the food it eats if the food expands too fast then stomach explosion.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Goddess Ace

Just think about what rice does when water hits it. Expands.
A bird has to eat little rocks to digest the food it eats if the food expands too fast then stomach explosion.

Yeah but would it expand enough to cause stomach explosion? And you've got stomach acid working away at the rice too, so it could balance out the expansion. It wasnt that dumb an assumption emo Do they really have to eat rocks? I did not know that  

Iconised Ghost

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces