Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
[RP] Harmonia's Peacemakers - *Takes Defibrilator* CLEAR! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:37 pm
No way no way no way "No way!" Those had been his exact words when Julius Aheirem opened his invitation letter from the Peacemaker headquarters for the examinations. The next sound from his lips was a cry of glee, showing the letter to his parents, who simply stood, beaming at their blessing, their wonder child.

"What time does it say, Julius?" said his father encouragingly, the surreptitious squeezing of his wife's hand the only sign of his concern for one and only blessed son.

"Oh yeah, huh," Julius regained his composure at his father's question and looked at the paper once again. His eyes slowly widened, the ecstatic grin being replaced with the comical "O" of shock. "I gotta go!" He cried out, and dashed out the open door, the letter vanishing into the pocket of his uniform, which he had put on, so excited had he been to be receiving a letter.

According to the letter, he had only an hour left to make it to the examinations, and his home, at the edge of the Second Class borders, meant it would take him at least an hour and a half to arrive.
If I took the road, the wonder child thought to himself with a grin, and sprinted down the street. Where the common people saw a wall forcing them to divert left or right on the street, he saw a line directly to the headquarters.

With practiced ease, he leapt nimbly atop a closed garbage can, holding his weight upon for only a moment, before launching up and catching a tree branch, swinging forward and releasing, landing at the top of the wall, balancing for a moment before flipping forward and landing on the balls of his feet, bending his knees and hopping back up and continues his sprint. The adrenaline, mixed with his thoughts and hopes, drove him on. He made record time, arriving at the outskirts of the headquarters in forty-five minutes.

He slowed to a strong walk, inhaling deeply from his nose and exhaling through his mouth, calming himself down and fixing his uniform, adjusting his beret to make sure he looked presentable as he walked into the headquarters...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 pm
"Attention!" Hildegard shouted, signaling a stiffening of the mages, the adjudicators, and the candidates for testing. "You should all be proud of yourselves; You all have made it to the examinations for entrance into the Peacemakers. Only the cream of the crop can even dream of being at examinations so, whatever happens in the examination you will still be regarded as one of the best of our holy kingdom's citizens."

The examination groups were arranged in groups of three, and there were only six groups; it truly was an examination for only the best of Harmonia's citizens. After Hildegard's opening statement each testing candidate raised their fist in the air once and shouted in affirmation to the Bishop's words. Hildegard nodded at the enthusiasm of the group, his eye noticing a stray member adjusting his beret, late for the examination speech. He gave it no mind, however; there were more important things to deal with. If any trouble were to happen he'd deal with it later.

"Let's brief you all in the situation." Hildegard said as he raised his hand, a rune shining and revealing a 3D map of four different locations at Harmonia's borders. "Your examination test will be to assist four of our squads in stabilizing one of these four zones. Your main objective: Assist the main squad in detaining all rebellious citizens. The Peacemaker squad you all are assigned in will be your superiors and you are all expected to listen to their commands."

With a slight cough he glanced at the adjudicators. "These members will be joining you, though not assisting unless totally necessary. They will be my eyes and ears."

After a slight pause he continued, the other candidates erect at attention. "Remember, while this is an examination, this is not a simulation. Your adjudicators will try to assist in any real emergency, but there will be risks. If any of you have any questions, or if any of you would like to decline the invitation into the Peacemakers, please say something now."

As Hildegard waited for any questions or any candidates to depart, one adjudicator and one mage moved toward each of the six examination squads.  

Sentama Lin

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:39 pm
Mauser stood at the front of his line, stock and form, training his eyes to look at the ceiling instead of their assigned yes-men. He listened carefully, and looked at the projected map to see if he had possibly been where they were going. This was a bit better then he'd hoped. He was assuming it would be an immediate test of their ability, but an actual field assignment? He smiled a little as relief and excitement blew over him.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 am
Julius heard the booming voice of the bishop and silently cursed whoever sent his letter to him so late. Outwardly, he casually pulled out the letter, looked it over to find his group, then placed it back into his pocket, all while making his way surreptitiously towards the formations, sidling up beside Gaiathi. He hoped she wouldn't make to much of a fuss about it, as she tended to dislike having anything to do with the wonder child from Second Class, or so it had seemed to him...

No time to worry about that now, though, he thought to himself, focusing on the map and the bishop's words. This was his chance to bring honor to his family, to all of the Second Class, and he would be damned if he screwed up by not paying attention to the instructions...

Xanatos Forever

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:55 am
((Wait... you just like... played for Thal's character... I doubt she'll appreciate that...))  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:08 am
((There, problem solved. My mistake for not making it obvious it was from his perspective and not hers...I'll be sure to take some RP classes so I don't make such a n00bish mistake again...))  

Xanatos Forever

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 pm
((No worries, I would have worked around it if need be. Besides, it sort of works for her that he'd perceive Gaiathi of not liking him... wink
As for this business on weapons-I never intended for Gaiathi to start with one as she is fairly nonviolent thus far, if that is ok. Maybe she'll take a liking to darts or throwing daggers later on...))

Gaiathi glanced at Julius with one eyebrow slightly raised in questioning of his proximity to her. Knowing he was from the Second Class, Gaiathi understood she should not associate with him socially and had made a point of keeping a distance between herself and Julius as much as possible when she chanced to see him. Her parents had heard there was a student from the Second Class in her class and had spoken lowly of the Second Class, often advising her to steer clear of the boy, lest he cause trouble for her good reputation. Ever the obedient daughter, Gaiathi heeded their advice though she did not see much sense in it. Gaiathi respected how Julius earned his way into the the class with his own skills despite his social status, though she was rather careful to never say such a thing to anyone.

"Julius, please don't stand so close. I fear you might step on my foot if you move any nearer." Gaiathi kept her voice low, and spoke without looking at Julius. Well, we are on the same team, I don't see how my family could think this would hurt my reputation. I did not choose the team assignments after all. Gaiathi chanced a brief glance toward Julius, attempting to sound humorous despite her own nervous anticipation of the examination. "Better late than never, I suppose."  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:17 pm
Mauser tried to keep himself distracted with examining the map, but eventually gave in when Gaiathi took one too many steps out of order. He turned his head to look at her with a little disdain, raising his arms to put on either shoulder, and then silently and smoothly switching their places. Out of the corner of his mouth, he told them both to "Shush!"  

WiskersThCatfish

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:58 pm
"Quiet and stay at attention!" The adjudicator shouted to examination group four, waiting, with tested patience, as the group silenced themselves and focused their attention on her.

"My name is Jacqueline and I will be your adjudicator for this exam." Jacqueline said with a cough as she lifted her right hand, revealing a Peacemaker rune on her right hand. "I will also be here to save your asses if you're in over your heads."

The rune flashed for a second, revealing a more detailed map of the area where examination group four will be taken. "We are headed northeast of Crystal Valley, to a small village secluded in the forest. Harmonia has not paid too much attention to the third-class citizens in that area, for they were generally complacent, but recently much turmoil has brewed."

With a slight pause, the map dissipated and an image of a rune shaped like a blue moon appeared. "A small group of individuals in the village have obtained a curious rune we've never studied. The rune is dangerous and the rebellious citizens of the village have utilized its power to augment their strength and viciousness, attacking innocents. A group of Peacemakers have taken care of most of the transformed individuals. Your job will be to help them with clean up as they search for the person who currently holds the rune. Incapacitate any and all hostile individuals."

She closed her eyes and adjusted her glasses before looking down the list of the examiners. "Feel free to ask any questions now and tell me when you all are ready. Meanwhile I will take attendance. Please respond when I say your name: Mauser, Gaiathi, Julius, Tsuki."  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:38 pm
When her name was called she shouted firm and clear, "Here!" Her voice was strong, but not overpowering. Her long blonde hair was tied back into a high pony-tail so as not to get in her way and her expression was one of pure seriousness. It was clear she wasn't about to be making any dumb mistakes, nor was she about to let anyone else screw things up for her.  

blue_green

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:57 pm
When Gaiathi heard her name called, she answered with a quick "Present." She did not look at her classmates at all, focusing only on Jacqueline while the roll was called. So far she had managed not to make a very positive impression of herself, of this she was certain. Not only did she get shushed by a fellow teammate, but she caused enough of a commotion to also earn a reprimand from the adjudicator.

Not good at all.

Gaiathi squared her jaw and stared straight ahead, thinking about the map she just saw and the task presented to them. No more mistakes! I can still pass this examination if I focus. I have to pass, I have to. It's what my family wants. Gaiathi drew a breath and cleared her throat lightly.

"Ma'am? What is it this rune does?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm
Mauser let slip a quick grunt as his name was passed. He was staring deeply at the contours of the map floating in front of them, squinting to absorb all the details. "I'm interested in knowing that as well, ma'am." He agreed with Gaiathi. "I've never even heard of this place before... is it even in our borders?"  

WiskersThCatfish

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:18 pm
"I have not been told any information about the rune," Jacqueline replied, "Other than an individual in the village has used it's power to augment the others's strengths by changing them into vampires. As such, do try to refrain from becoming an enemy's feast.

"It's other effects are unknown so it is best to have caution in this field assigment. Of course, discretion is always an important part of any mission. Any other questions?"

She looked around and waited for anybody else to ask something. As she waited, she signaled one of the mages to prepare the teleportation spell.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 pm
Jacqueline turned to Mauser. "The village is small, consisting mainly of the Harmonian second and third class, of all walks of life. From what I've gathered life there has been pretty agrarian and essentially self-contained within the forest. We've had no problems with any members in the area in the past, as we've said, so I find it strange that they've become rather hostile as of late.

"Some rumors have speculated that all the members of the village are indeed vampires, who retreated to this area of the world in order to control their bloodlust. Heh... I'd say good for those demi-humans to try to become less barbaric."  

Sentama Lin

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm
"Quite inconsiderate of you." Mauser turned his head to watch the mage as it set up their transportation.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff