Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Gradation, Marriage, Work, and Video games xD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay?
  nau
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 am
Midori Hayashi
Congrats! heart

Hmmm...I want a wedding on the beach, or in a field. My bridesmaids will be walking dogs down the aisle, and I want a green wedding dress. xd Ok so maybe my mom has banned me from having a green dress, but the rest could happen. 3nodding

Why would your mom care if your wedding dress was green? I know there's something about..white representing purity and all that, and like..I'm not sure...when my dad and stepmom got married she wore a yellow wedding dress. It wasn't her first wedding so maybe that was why?

About.com had this: "From Godey's Lady's Book, 1949, "Custom has decided, from the earliest ages, that white is the most fitting hue, whatever may be the material. It is an emblem of the purity and innocence of girlhood, and the unsullied heart she now yields to the chosen one."

XD I think I'm fresh out of "purity and innocence of girlhood" and my heart is far from unsullied. X3

Also it lists the preferred dress colors for different countries.

"Morocco: Bright yellow, because it scares away the evil eye; or green, because it is the color of plants and brings good luck."

I also saw this on Chinatownconnection.com: "Buying a Wedding Dress - Color The color white, traditional for wedding dresses, was originally used to signify the bride's virginity to the gathered witnesses. This virginity was likewise attested to by the hanging of a blood-soaked sheet the next morning. Though the custom of the bridal sheet has died, the customary bridal color still seems to be alive and well for the most part. Widows or divorcees might choose an ivory color to keep from claiming the white, but if tradition prevails, brides stick with what is expected in this sense."

It goes on to say that of course you don't have to have a white dress. And I'm not going to lie to myself or anyone else on my wedding day XD...no white dress for me. Besides, some other color would be prettier.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:59 am
Angie moo
churrlo
Graduation today I can't wait!!! biggrin

Did you get the Wii to work (if you have the connector?)
Not yet haven't had the time been busy working at my new job, and congrats! :3

@Midori that sounds like an awesome wedding

lol, thanks. I just hope I'll find someone to marry. xd

@april: My mom said she wants me to look repectable on my wedding day. First I wanted a camo dress, but that was out-of-the-question. I settled for green, and she still said no. She says she is sick of me dressing like a boy. She did say my prom dress could be green though. I told her I will never wear a dress unless it is black (funerals) or green(formal parties, wedding, prom, etc). I don't wear white anyhow. If I see a shirt in the store and it's white, I look for a black version. I refuse to wear white, even if it is cooler on sunny days.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:48 pm
Exmucane
jfm567
how old are you?..... i thought the last time i remember you said you were 15. xD seems young for marriage, but im probably wrong.

You're also forgetting how long we've been in this guild. ._.

all the wasted years! well at least i learned a few things from the people here...... i think.......  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:07 pm
I want to have a wedding in the winter, with a Black long sleeved dress. And there WILL be carriages and horses.

xd

I have weird visions of future events.  

MonsieurSponge

Artanus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:00 pm
Congratulations! You're 18? A bit young, but what the hell! Whatever lifts your skirt.

I'm happy for you. But since you now have another job you won't have time for a wii. You should just send it over to me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:42 pm
Artanus
Congratulations! You're 18? A bit young, but what the hell! Whatever lifts your skirt.

I'm happy for you. But since you now have another job you won't have time for a wii. You should just send it over to me. 3nodding
Well the engagement is a long one we are waiting three years. :3 Also I only have one job and I am not giving up my Nintedo Wii I finally have Pokemon snap and Kirby 64 <3 and soon all the old games moo played when she was 10ish :3  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:53 pm
funny, I was going to ask how long the engagement would be. It's good in my mind to wait a long time while engaged. That's good.

About the halloween wedding, I'd say no but that you could have a masquerade ball type wedding. All formal. :] It can look wonderful, I've seen it done.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:08 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
funny, I was going to ask how long the engagement would be. It's good in my mind to wait a long time while engaged. That's good.

About the halloween wedding, I'd say no but that you could have a masquerade ball type wedding. All formal. :] It can look wonderful, I've seen it done.
That would be wonderful!
Sadly I can't imagine Spicey moo all dressed up and everything xD  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items