Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I need diet tips, or something like that. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weight
  LOSE
  GAIN, no I mean lose!
  Boobs
View Results

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 pm
Exmucane
HEY, I stole "or something like that" from a really good movie. I'm the only one who's allowed to use it at the end of my sentences, or something like that.

Thief.

Also: Switch to diet soda, it's probably your highest intake of calories.

Though your current meal plan sounds about like mine, and I'm WAY underweight. Possibly because I only have one junk food: relevant wiki stub which is fairly cheap and has no nutritional value.

...what ye talking about??.........who's the thief¿¿  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:45 pm
Exmucane
HEY, I stole "or something like that" from a really good movie. I'm the only one who's allowed to use it at the end of my sentences, or something like that.

Thief.

Though your current meal plan sounds about like mine, and I'm WAY underweight. Possibly because I only have one junk food: relevant wiki stub which is fairly cheap and has no nutritional value.
Well, I never seen the movie so me saying it isn't stolen. Plus, being told not to say something seams to have the opposite effect, or something like that.

I dislike diet soda very much. I could stand it if I had to. But there was some tv show that said that diet soda isn't good for the body  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:46 pm
My diet contains lots of apples.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Exmucane

Thief.

Well, I never seen the movie so me saying it isn't stolen. Plus, being told not to say something seams to have the opposite effect, or something like that.

I dislike diet soda very much. I could stand it if I had to. But there was some tv show that said that diet soda isn't good for the body

yeah, some sweetners are VERY bad for you, especially aspartame!
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html  

Marurashi

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:01 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Exmucane

Thief.

Eh, better for you than 12 teaspoons of sugar or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:51 am
I did everything everybody else is saying this year and I lost 20 pounds. surprised

I actually don't drink soda all that often. I didn't use to, but it's good now that I don't, because my Mom started on a weird diet two years ago that's healthy but not as regular as mine. (Meaning she eats healthy snacks a couple times a day and then dinner.) Since she doesn't eat as much junk food as I can, she drinks a lot of soda. But she broke her caffeine addiction this year! Yay, we're proud of her. I drink Lipton Diet Green Tea ALL the time. But i'm not addicted. Meaning, I don't ever go into withdrawal. I drink it for the taste.

I used to eat a huge-a** bowl of fruit in the morning, Lettuce, bologna in a pita, chocolate, and water for lunch (and still be hungry so very often I would steal unhealthy things from my friends), and a balanced meat, carb, veg, and fruit dinner. And I snacked A LOT after school. Practically a small meal.

Now since I walk to school I can't eat certain kinds of fruit first thing because I don't have time to go to the bathroom so I eat applesauce. For lunch I have lettuce, bologna in pita, chocolate, an apple, and water. (You see, now that I have an apple I am no longer hungry! And I cannot ask friends for junk food. Well sometimes I buy junk food but I exercise later.)
Dinner has not changed. And I usually don't snack after school, but player's is over, so now I have some pita chips (40% less fat than potato chips), or some fruit.

My mom quit caffeinated soda by switching to a DIET soda she liked. You see, she only drinks 1 or 2 sodas she likes, and she'll drink it 3 or 4 times a day for YEARS before switching. She used to drink Coke, and was addicted to the caffeine. Then she switched to Pepsi, and was still addicted. Then she switched to Diet A&W and is no longer addicted to caffeine. Which makes Egga and Egga's daddy happy.

I hope I helped!  

MonsieurSponge

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 am
Dana Pixie Stix
Apples are awesome. I plan of getting some when I go shopping for food today.

Does anyone think having a reward system is still for motive is silly of alright?

So far I have it arranged in 14 levels. Each one with a different item.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 am
Let´s just get one thing straight here.

Caffine is not all bad it depends on how you use it, I use caffine as a booster to make me more alert when I need it.

Am I an addict?
No, I can go for months without caffeine.

[url=http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002105.html]FuturePundit[/url]
Coffee, tea, and other caffeine-containing beverages are tools. Don't drink more than you need to and slow the rate of your drinking to spread it out. Keep in mind that once you reach the point where you don't need to maintain a high feeling of wakefulness that you should immediately stop drinking it.

If you want you caffeine to stay awake or what ever (You probably could live without it) I suggest you read up on how to use caffeine for your maximum benefit. (Just use google)

Caffeine can also be used as a training tool.

Just bacause the majority of people don´t know how to use caffeine, doesn´t mean it´s all bad.  

Thanatos Phoenix

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:36 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Dana Pixie Stix

Does anyone think having a reward system is still for motive is silly of alright?

Not if the rewards are food. That's just moving backwards.

If the rewards are clothes, I say that it is an excellent idea! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:24 pm
teh sexiful nerdy

the caffeine addiction - your own fault own up to it. Get past it. Caffeine is bad for you anyway.

sleep problem - your own fault whether by way of unhealthy caffeine intake or by way of staying up too late, you need to start going to bed at a normal time, say 9:00PM, and waking up at a normal time, say 8:00AM. That's a full nine hours.

Some days studies say caffeine is good. Varies week-to-week. 9p-8a is 11 hours isn't it? o.O

Exmucane

I thought diet was less healthy, because of chemicals, regardless of sugar adding calories.

Guys, diet =/= decaffeinated
And why would someone suggest having coffee a night? o.O neutral That would really mess up sleep.

OP I guess you need to choose, if you want to be healthy, or just thinner.

(Personal tick- lose weight doesn't mean thinner, and healthier is often gain weight, since muscle weighs more than fat.)  

Metalic_Noodles

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 pm
Sleep? What's this "sleep" thing. I've heard a lot about it...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:13 pm
EggaxSponge
Bikki Kobayashi V
Dana Pixie Stix

Not if the rewards are food. That's just moving backwards.

If the rewards are clothes, I say that it is an excellent idea! xd
Most of the rewards are actually mostly games, dvds, and music related. Only the final 2 levels are food. I have set up 14 levels.

Here are the levels I have set up.

1. New Godzilla Movie [Didn't deside which yet]
2. Coffee Breen mug [Something I found on Cafepress]
2. Gaia Online t-shirt [Didn't deside which yet]
4. Cake tote bag [Something I'm selling on Cafepress]
5. Little Mermaid Broadway Album
6. Dr Pepper can safe
7. Ranma 1/2 Season 1
8. Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 1 Limited Edition
9. High School Summer Top
10. High School Summer Skirt
11. PSP
12. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
13. Pocky verity pack
14. Fancy chocolate.

If I must rethink the last two I will lol

Matalic_Noodles
I thought diet was less healthy, because of chemicals, regardless of sugar adding calories.

Guys, diet =/= decaffeinated
And why would someone suggest having coffee a night? o.O icon_neutral.gif That would really mess up sleep.

OP I guess you need to choose, if you want to be healthy, or just thinner.

(Personal tick- lose weight doesn't mean thinner, and healthier is often gain weight, since muscle weighs more than fat.)
I guess in this case I'd say I want to lose body fat

Another note, I think have have done well yesterday. yesterday I have only have one can of soda, and then someone took me to taco bell I got lemonade instead. While shopping I did get candy and some snack but I didn't each much of the candy. Anyway, I might have to end up sharing the candy so it'll be cut down before I can finish. Actually, I don't really eat candy often so I can get by without it. The main problems is soda, and whatever junk food they would buy, but I am getting some help offline too. One friend that I spend sometime with some days of the week said she would remind me to not buy too much so I'd have something to spend when I passed a level on the reward system. Since one of the things is over $100 dollars it'd be best to save.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm
I wouldn't really do a reward system the way you have it set up, but maybe that's just me.
I just say "oh gosh i wish I could pull off shorter shorts." then I look in the mirror and say "oh, i guess if i loose a bit more weight I can do it" so if i loose the weight i would go and buy some really cute shorts. i don't buy clothes until i loose the weight. sweatdrop

But I understand that that probably doesn't work for everybody.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:55 pm
Eat right and Exercise. The rest is up to you.

I can't believe no one has said this yet.  

angel_half82
Crew

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:58 pm
EggaxSponge
I wouldn't really do a reward system the way you have it set up, but maybe that's just me.
I just say "oh gosh i wish I could pull off shorter shorts." then I look in the mirror and say "oh, i guess if i loose a bit more weight I can do it" so if i loose the weight i would go and buy some really cute shorts. i don't buy clothes until i loose the weight. sweatdrop

But I understand that that probably doesn't work for everybody.
It seams it wouldn't work well with clothing. Which is why I tried to keep garments off of my list.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff