Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
so... it's that time finally... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grad?
  woooooohoo!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:18 am
jeez, i don't even hardly REMEMBER my graduation except for all the WEIRDNESS that happened!

apparently, graduation is a great time for confessions as i had four different boys all come up to me, profess their undying love ((seriously)) and then tell me they'd always wished they'd asked me out but i was just too intimidating.

pfffffffffffft. me? intimidating? sha-right.

rolleyes

anyway, the whole thing was weird and awkward and i was like "uh, thank you?" to each of them.

its like in college when i was proposed to ((seriously)) three times in a span of five months. i was like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?" every time i was asked, lol. 3nodding cause i wasn't exactly the, ah, marrying kind back then. wink

besides, i'd known since i was 16 who i was going to spend the rest of my life with. those other boys were just practice. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:24 pm
had my graduation yesterday. surprised  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:27 pm
TheBlueWarrior
After graduation I forgot about highschool and moved on with a real life. I can't even remember anything that happened when I was in high school. =/

I remember lots. 3nodding

HS wasn't as much hell for me though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 pm
baccalaureate was great and after I went to my boyfriend's house and laid on his couch and hung out with his roommate [happens to be a very close ex-beau of mine]

[[offtopic]]some really close friends whom I haven't seen in a while showed up at my church today, not knowing it was my church, they liked it a lot and they've been looking for a church; they'll be back again next week! :]] [[/offtopic]]

at baccalaureate Mr. Plitt spoke and I found out he's a pastor. His sermon was really good.

@BG: haha my friend Avery already gets the professions of love like, every few months. And it's always the weirdest/creepiest people xD She's realized finally that she's apparently destined to marry a Carnie.

@egga-boo: it shouldn't take away too much time. I'm getting a job but that's about it.

@Art: I can decorate the cap but not the gown, we rent the gowns and I don't wanna mess up my cap anyway. But it's allowed.

and just BTW: tassels are to be worn on the right hand side of the cap and not switched. Switching is only for college graduation.[US]  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:04 am
teh sexiful nerdy
and just BTW: tassels are to be worn on the right hand side of the cap and not switched. Switching is only for college graduation.[US]

Actually we did switch it at my HS graduation. Which pretty much none of my family came to, and none of my "friends" went to my graduation party. But I did get a nice katana as a graduation present, which rocked.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 am
oh man, we don't even have caps and gowns because our school is for fail like that. instead all the girls wear white dresses and the guys are in tuxes. it's supposed to promote how different and wonderful and unique our school is, but i think it's really because we don't have enough money for the gowns. xD  

k a s u g u m m i

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 am
pineapple07
teh sexiful nerdy

Actually we did switch it at my HS graduation. Which pretty much none of my family came to, and none of my "friends" went to my graduation party. But I did get a nice katana as a graduation present, which rocked.

And college is American for University right? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:00 am
Yeah, I graduated like two weeks ago, life has been a total bore since then. I miss being in school.

Oh well, college in two months, so I guess that will make up for it.

@TSN: Not necessarily, it depends on the school because at my graduations, we all had to have our tassel over our left side, and were told we could switch it to the right after everyone had received their diploma, so it really depends on the school.

@Iconised: Yeah, they're the same thing, technically most of us go off to universities, but study in the different colleges in a university, so technically we are going to a university and not a college.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Teka_The_Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:59 am
yeah,
I just graduated too and they were stuck on us walking
but its certainly something we'll laugh about years from now... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:47 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Yeah, I graduated like two weeks ago, life has been a total bore since then. I miss being in school.

Oh well, college in two months, so I guess that will make up for it.

@TSN: Not necessarily, it depends on the school because at my graduations, we all had to have our tassel over our left side, and were told we could switch it to the right after everyone had received their diploma, so it really depends on the school.

@Iconised: Yeah, they're the same thing, technically most of us go off to universities, but study in the different colleges in a university, so technically we are going to a university and not a college.

Ooo i get it. We talk about studying under a particular faculty, but it would be kinda weird to say that you're going to the faculty of arts sweatdrop so we just say uni. But now i understand why you say college thanks ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces