Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Fire.....FUN! Pyros, unite! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you enjoy throwing random s**t into open flame (or a bonfire, watevr)?
  Yes! I love seeing what happens to it! Does it blow up?
  Nor really. I could kill myself. Even if it WAS in a fiery ball of death... ^^*
View Results

fuegofiera265

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm
Um... explosions are the best part of fire!
lol
Have any of u stared into a fire for like 10 min? You like hypmotize urself!
eek
~firefiend burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:07 pm
yeah i like staring into the fire, on cold winter nights...its not so good when you're trying to study for exams, you can waste hours doing it xd  

Iconised Ghost

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 pm
firefiend371
Um... explosions are the best part of fire!
lol
Have any of u stared into a fire for like 10 min? You like hypmotize urself!
eek
~firefiend burning_eyes

*lights 40 firecrackers in the palm of my hand* EXTREME.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:47 pm
Exmucane
Actually, I prefer playing Engineer. Pyro is too in-your-face for me.

Oh, wait, this isn't a team fortress topic?

This is a very ambiguous topic. Fire is hard to talk about.

It's like talking about birds.

What are birds? We just don't know.

If I can type three lines without leading myself off topic:

Honestly, I like to think I have at least some talent for empathizing with people, but I really can't understand pyros. To me, it's just excited particles that like to excite other particles. Of all reactions and technology out there, it's a bit too simple for me. On the other hand, I love other forms of energy; RF and Electricity can be amusing because there's so much you can do with them, and much that has yet to be discovered. Fire is just... fire. ._. You can't go into depth with it,

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's like showing pokemon cards to a yugioh collector .. but you get the point.

I think it's more about the enjoyment of destruction, not fire itself.

Exmucane
Iconised Ghost
Look around you ninja i like the "thanks ants. Thants" bit rofl that programme is pure win

God i hope thats what you were refering to otherwise im going to look like a real plonker.

Fire is neat, but all you can do is burn stuff. It keeps me warm. Thats about as far as my interest goes. It sucks when you're drunk and its -16 degrees C inside. You're too scared to light a fire because you might burn yourself or the house down.

Thats really all i have to add ._.

bless you ants. blants

HOLY s**t NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO RECOGNIZE THAT.

._. I will now go be emo whilst searching for more obscure references.

Care to explain what the reference is from?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 pm
the point of an obscure reference is that people dont get it ninja but if you google the quotes you should be able to find it pretty easily, its just a science video series thing  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:07 pm
jfm567
i actually prefer being a medic. also, downsides to being a pyro. communication.

the only thing i like about fire is explosions. which i guess is worse than just liking fire.......

Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROX8koDCmQQ  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 am
TheBlueWarrior
My family and I have almost started forest fires with fire crackers. xd

lol, I did that once. We ran over to go put water on it. My cousin wasn't too good at aiming the fireworks after a mini-keg of beer.

DON'T DRINK 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:02 am
Exmucane
jfm567
i actually prefer being a medic. also, downsides to being a pyro. communication.

the only thing i like about fire is explosions. which i guess is worse than just liking fire.......

Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROX8koDCmQQ

it takes a while to adjust to the range of his hypodermic needle gun. YOU NEED UNDA HEALINGS?  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Artanus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:42 pm
I lit myself on fire on the friggin' bus for weeks. I could've gotten major suspension. In retrospect, it was retarded, but fun.

We used axe and other flammable sprays to light our hands, fingers, legs, crotches, shoes, chests, armpits and asses on fire. It's so fun to give someone a flaming middle finger XD

But I hate it when people just call themselves Pyros because they've lit something on fire outside of the woodstove. Some people are like that. This kid came in to school calling himself a pyro because the night before he burned his pants with a lighter.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:19 pm
lol that reminds me of these emo kids that hang around outside burger king in the city. They pretend to be all hard core by spraying their shoes with deoderant and setting it on fire. Its pretty pathetic. They arent creative enough to think of things like giving people a flaming finger xd  

Iconised Ghost

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 pm
Interesting poll. Of all the ways I'd love to die, I can't think that fire would be one of them. I'd much rather be stabbed, shot, bleed out, die from a disease, be poisoned, starved, asphyxiated, ripped apart, or hanged. Maybe even freeze or be killed to death. But not burn up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 pm
Why not? I mean, how does fire differ from some of those? I've heard that being burnt to death stops hurting after a while because your nerve endings burn away so you cant feel anything but im not convinced...but i would think that freezing was similar to fire in terms of pain? Unless you just fall asleep when you freeze...

Anyway, why not fire?  

Iconised Ghost

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10 pm
Iconised Ghost
Why not? I mean, how does fire differ from some of those? I've heard that being burnt to death stops hurting after a while because your nerve endings burn away so you cant feel anything but im not convinced...but i would think that freezing was similar to fire in terms of pain? Unless you just fall asleep when you freeze...

Anyway, why not fire?

Seems boring and painful. I think the others would be alot more fun, and manageable on a psychological level. They say people who are literally severed in half are still conscious for a moment afterwards as they die. With fire, you're being overwhelmed and overloaded by sensory input, and would quickly die as you become unaware of the world around you. It would be uncontrollably fast, as soon as you had time for your brain to process part of it, you'd be much closer to death. Like a fly in your face, that when you try to swat away you get 10 more of. Very annoying. Other methods of death might actually be enjoyable, but being burned would be like being annoyed to death. I'd rather be aware of exactly how far away I am as I die.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:13 pm
So you want to experience death and process it as it happens?

But wouldnt being shot be pretty instant in that case? I suppose it depends on where you are shot  

Iconised Ghost

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:15 pm
Iconised Ghost
So you want to experience death and process it as it happens?

But wouldnt being shot be pretty instant in that case? I suppose it depends on where you are shot

In the case of being shot where you died instantly, you wouldn't be aware of it AT ALL, which is very different from loosing awareness.

Freezing might have similar effect... I don't know. Read Into Thin Air, it's a biography by a guy who survives a situation on Everest in which several of his companions freeze from the exact same circumstances; and as the survivor he was aware enough to recollect and write a book about being in the state where most people would die.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff